Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Removing thirst from Traveller's Song and just making it add more RT is also another great fucking way to make Bard spells less unique.
    Don't you know? Unique is so two decades ago. Gemstone V is all about ease of systems. Ain't nobody got any time or need for time-consuming "unique."
    Last edited by Avaia; 09-21-2021 at 02:10 PM.

The luck service is nice, and I like not having to think about RENEW blowing up nerves (although the 60sec ambient messaging thing will be annoying...hope they don't do it).

I wish they had just fixed the low end roll crit issue with 1030; quintupling the mana cost was over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by dzulthu View Post
    The luck service is nice, and I like not having to think about RENEW blowing up nerves (although the 60sec ambient messaging thing will be annoying...hope they don't do it).

I wish they had just fixed the low end roll crit issue with 1030; quintupling the mana cost was over the top.
    I'm sure the DR after the bard nerf will have something to address that for only $8000.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

1206 will pack a punch…but they took 400s away so that bolt AS boost will probably make it unfun or useless even at 2x
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    change song renewals to 60 sec from 8+min
    Technically, they're *REMOVING* song renewals... the 60sec thing is checking to see if the bard is incapacitated enough (aka, stunned/dead/etc) to not be able to sing any more. Just like the Focus spells that are in the 1200's do.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

1030 just got nerfed again

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Song of Power (1018) - Remove the explosion aspect, simply make it not stack with other Bards singing it or with Mana Focus (418) or being on a node. Make it a focus spell to be mutually exclusive with 1213, 1216, 1230. This list of 4 focus spells for Bards are a good spread of various effects: increase physical combat efficiency, defense, utility, mana regen.

Worst. change. ever.

Fuck GS.

Removing thirst from Traveller's Song and just making it add more RT is also another great fucking way to make Bard spells less unique.
    It does seem like the current regime wants nearly everything to be the same. They got read of throat stress for warriors ⁶and made it take stamina instead. A bit of flavor loss.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    1030 just got nerfed again
    wut
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    wut
    Before it got moved to 1050, kept its damage output, but had a higher casting cost during the recovery period. Now they're making it a damage neutered AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    It does seem like the current regime wants nearly everything to be the same. They got read of throat stress for warriors ⁶and made it take stamina instead. A bit of flavor loss.
    Definitely a strategy afoot. Neutralize everyone to commonality to encourage payment for flavor.