Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

So they nerfing 1030 and 1035 to shit, the two most class defining abilities for bards, and giving them some minor quality of life improvements and a new service that may not even have much demand as seen by warrior’s grit?

Is this new service in addition to the one they already have? Like do they use two different resources? Or do they share the same resource so bards now have to choose which service to use their points on?

Ugh, my Bard ambushes from hiding. Yes, that's a thing.

I'm not really liking the 1m renewal change :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So they nerfing 1030 and 1035 to shit, the two most class defining abilities for bards, and giving them some minor quality of life improvements and a new service that may not even have much demand as seen by warrior’s grit?

Is this new service in addition to the one they already have? Like do they use two different resources? Or do they share the same resource so bards now have to choose which service to use their points on?

Current loresong unlock loses resource requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    I'm not really liking the 1m renewal change :-\
    Again, it's not nerfing the renewal change... it's actually *removing* it. Songs that you usually always wear will be like Focus spells... always there. It'll reserve a chunk of your mana, and the only way it'll fall is if you're incapacited (stunned/dead/etc.) when the every-60-seconds check comes around, or if you manually STOP the song.

The way they worded it stinks, but it (might be) actually *BETTER* than the current renew system.
    Last edited by mgoddess; 09-21-2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Reword 60-seconds bit, because I had it wrong. Apologies!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Again, it's not nerfing the renewal change... it's actually *removing* it. Songs that you usually always wear will be like Focus spells... always there. It'll reserve a chunk of your mana, and the only way it'll fall is if you're incapacited (stunned/dead/etc.) for longer than 60 seconds, or if you manually STOP the song.

The way they worded it stinks, but it's actually *BETTER* than the current renew system.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Again, it's not nerfing the renewal change... it's actually *removing* it. Songs that you usually always wear will be like Focus spells... always there. It'll reserve a chunk of your mana, and the only way it'll fall is if you're incapacited (stunned/dead/etc.) for longer than 60 seconds, or if you manually STOP the song.

The way they worded it stinks, but it's actually *BETTER* than the current renew system.
    I don't think that's accurate. As realistically you are never stunned for a minute. There is an interval check every 60 seconds. Which is a lot more often than now, but you have a % chance equal to your disc bonus + telep lore ranks to not drop spells on the renewal check if incapacitated. The way the lore splits work at cap most bards would be 70-100% to not drop spells if stunned during the renewal (20ish disc and it looks like most will be at least 50 telep if not more)
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-21-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Current loresong unlock loses resource requirement
    So bards can permanently unlock lore songs for free? That would be nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post

I don't think that's accurate. As realistically you are never stunned for a minute. There is an interval check every 60 seconds. Which is a lot more often than now, but you have a % chance equal to your disc bonus + telep lore ranks to not drop spells on the renewal check if incapacitated. The way the lore splits work at cap most bards would be 70-100% to not drop spells if stunned during the renewal (20ish disc and it looks like most will be at least 50 telep if not more)
    You're correct, it's a check every sixty seconds, not for 60+sec of incapacitation like my wording suggested. My apologies.

*insert whole non-Bard viewpoint on what really is a Bard situation that a non-Bard-player can't exactly understand completely*
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

I just think it's hilarious how people who haven't even played bards beyond level 42 get to decide to screw over bards because reasons...

Last edited by Rjex; 09-21-2021 at 09:07 PM.

The spell now grants 15 phantom dodge ranks at base, increased by 1 per 2 ranks of Mental Lore - Telepathy to a maximum bonus of 50 total phantom dodge ranks at 70 ranks of lore (10 higher max than before).
    I especially love that (10 higher max than before).

Oh wow! You are completely nerfing Song of Tonis but hey, 10 more dodge ranks!

At least they scaled back the nerfing of Song of Sonic Disruption a little bit, but it still sucks. Like why couldn't bards just have a really nice solo/AOE spell? Was it really hurting anything?