Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Yep, i got attacked by players and GMs for even thinking about questioning the nerfs. Nice atmosphere.

Tried to explain this is my main character whom ive been playing for probably a decade now, his RP is that of a sonic sorcerer, i have no interest in combat instruments as it is outside of my RP. The current bard works great, but I'm told 1030 is completely broken and needs to be nerfed (i know it is powerful, but it does not translate into bards being the most powerful class as we lack in other areas). I dont think the balance is as completely out of whack as they say it is, but thats just my opinion and having that opinion is completely taboo. So what if 1030 creates a strong crit on low endrolls. I still die more than almost all of my other characters due to having a lower DS and completely unarmored head. why was it not nerfed 20 years ago then if its such a huge deal? I dont get it.
    It's being adjusted just like how they stealth nerfed the bonus roll for health loss/wounds for 917. At least they're giving you a heads up about it. But there are a handful of nerfs coming through for bards, according to this preview.

Even though 917 has been out for years, the reply was that the "bonus" was not calculating right and every time it didn't it would scream at GMs about it being wrong. So they finally fixed it....

I refuse to believe that it was a known issue for years since SMR was pushed out and it was just left there.

Anyway, it seems it's just easier to not give a true answer and nerf stuff because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by dzulthu View Post
    lol yeah. "20+ year old bug is still a bug" was approximately the response I got when I asked about it
    Blaming things on a bug is their go to for pretty much every extra stupid nerf.

Like after the ELR when 415's double cast worked vs. single targets, it was acknowledged by dev, including the GM who made the change, and nobody said it wasn't working how it should or anything indicating it was any sort of bug, then a while later after most wizards switched from Immolate to a 415 build, they nerfed the double cast vs. single targets and were like "Oh yeah that was a bug. My bad." after everyone was like wtffffffffffffffffff

TLDR: Simu lies a lot.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-22-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Up next: Reviews for 506 and 515 will have the minimum RT adjusted upward to 2 seconds to be in-line with 1035. 1 second is just too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Up next: Reviews for 506 and 515 will have the minimum RT adjusted upward to 2 seconds to be in-line with 1035. 1 second is just too OP.
    By their stated reasoning, being able to 2x spell Aim means combat actions (ie spells) will be minimum 2 seconds.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    It's being adjusted just like how they stealth nerfed the bonus roll for health loss/wounds for 917. At least they're giving you a heads up about it. But there are a handful of nerfs coming through for bards, according to this preview.

Even though 917 has been out for years, the reply was that the "bonus" was not calculating right and every time it didn't it would scream at GMs about it being wrong. So they finally fixed it....

I refuse to believe that it was a known issue for years since SMR was pushed out and it was just left there.

Anyway, it seems it's just easier to not give a true answer and nerf stuff because they want to.
    Seems like just the fact that it was screaming at GMs like that would have probably gotten it fixed 98047324723089x quicker just because it would be too annoying to not fix. You know, assuming they're not lying about it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    By their stated reasoning, being able to 2x spell Aim means combat actions (ie spells) will be minimum 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Actual footage of the bard nerf as recorded by Dalabrac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdynGqxdBk8
    ...wut

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Estild:

Last edited by Methais; 09-22-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    All pures will be equally shitty by the time Estild and Naijin are done wrecking everything. The only difference will be in the messaging/flavor.

Don't worry though guys, Naijin played a bard to level 42 and then quit, so I'm sure he knows what he's doing...
    Well he played a small race till cap and we get nerfed in every update he does so count your blessings he stopped at 42.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    They have pretty much confirmed this will be the case