Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And he's a "dude" that frets like a mentally ill woman.
    And what would I be "fretting" about? About how you, as a 50+ year old, began a decade-plus string of obsessively stalking people in order to send as many sociopathic, sexually graphic messages full of impotent rage to strangers on the Internet as possible because you humiliated yourself in political discussions?

My main issue with this review, past reviews, and I'm sure those to come is being told essentially that X ability (insert 1030, 1035, 506, 720 ect on and on and on) is to powerful for X profession to have on their respective spell list or ability list and then having that same allegedly overpowered spell or ability resold back to us twice a year at exorbitant rates.

It's been happening repeatedly, here lose this, buy this item, or tickets this event. Sadly they even making the grinding the alt currency so tedious and painful most of us prefer to script it to achieve the level of alt currency needed to buy back the same spells we just got stripped of, its maddening. At some point I think its natural to just to wanna get off the hamster wheel after while, no matter how much you love to run. Again there is nothing they can come up with replacement wise for losing capstone abilities, see group haste and defining profession spells like 1030 or having them nerfed into the ground for the sake of having them resold back to us whether through the simcoin store or paid events like DR, RTCF, ect.

If they don't think most of us can't recognize whats going on here they are wrong, even if a lot of use haven't voted with our pocketbooks, YET.

If I wanted to plink away or dot, or use pets I would play wow, I play GS cause I've always like the speed of combat, slowing combat down combat adds no 'fun' factor to me. I like Imploding being a one shot alot of times, I've never wanted sorcs nerfed, anymore than i want bards nerfed, standing in front of something for 10 rounds trying to avoid maneuvers while you plink away is not fun in any way. Just ask warriors pre PSM3.
    Last edited by Fleur-de-me; 09-25-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur-de-me View Post
    My main issue with this review, past reviews, and I'm sure those to come is being told essentially that X ability (insert 1030, 1035, 506, 720 ect on and on and on) is to powerful for X profession to have on their respective spell list or ability list and then having that same allegedly overpowered spell or ability resold back to us twice a year at exorbitant rates.
    Come on. There's a lot to criticize Simu for but selling previously nerfed abilities in their original form as auction items is not one of them.

Blog Entries

I thought I would post this here and maybe a current player could pass it on to Discord.

Besides the PvP mention, GS is breaking every one of the suggestions.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I thought I would post this here and maybe a current player could pass it on to Discord.

Besides the PvP mention, GS is breaking every one of the suggestions.

Interesting video for general game design, but speaking of GS in general and Estild & Naijin in particular, both have made it amply clear that they don't care what the players think or do. Funny you should post this as I was just thinking today that maybe it's really finally time to move on. Sucks as I got to know some people, which is the only thing that's giving me some pause, but the game itself is just becoming less and less interesting. It's this overwhelming feeling that any progress you make will eventually be undone anyway by a couple of devs with a cavalier attitude and possibly looking to make a buck, makes me not want to even bother anymore.
    Last edited by Rjex; 09-26-2021 at 01:51 AM.

6. Default

"both have made it amply clear they don't care what players think or do."

Yep, and thats what makes them too clever by half.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Interesting video for general game design, but speaking of GS in general and Estild & Naijin in particular, both have made it amply clear that they don't care what the players think or do. Funny you should post this as I was just thinking today that maybe it's really finally time to move on. Sucks as I got to know some people, which is the only thing that's giving me some pause, but the game itself is just becoming less and less interesting. It's this overwhelming feeling that any progress you make will eventually be undone anyway by a couple of devs with a cavalier attitude and possibly looking to make a buck, makes me not want to even bother anymore.
    Quitting GS was difficult to be honest. The only thing that kept me around / coming back was my connection to River's Rest and the 15 years I had spent on writing story. When they cut the town guru and lifted parts of my writing to develop the current EG area...that was it for me. I spent years on developing that story only to be told I couldn't convert to the deity I created.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    Come on. There's a lot to criticize Simu for but selling previously nerfed abilities in their original form as auction items is not one of them.
    Are you saying it is not one of them because it doesn't happen or because they should be allowed to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    Are you saying it is not one of them because it doesn't happen or because they should be allowed to do that?
    Because it doesn't happen. I'm not gonna look over all 500 mania items again but I don't recall a single one in that category. But you are all missing the forest for the trees. The problem is not 5 bloated whales being overpowered, it is 500 players being overpowered at much lower cost due to HESS and experience gain buffs and DR drops and on and on.
    Last edited by Merzbow; 09-26-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    Because it doesn't happen. I'm not gonna look over all 500 mania items again but I don't recall a single one in that category. But you are all missing the forest for the trees. The problem is not 5 bloated whales being overpowered, it is 500 players being overpowered at much lower cost due to HESS and experience gain buffs and DR drops and on and on.
    If everyone is overpowered, it isn't exactly overpowered, is it?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam