Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Blog Entries

Ranger lore review - hey we are going to make you markedly better and add more versatility!

Bard lore review - hey...fuck you
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Bard lore review - hey...fuck you
    It's dumb. I don't see any changes that make it even remotely worth the nerfing of 1030 and 1035.

Also I'm confused about the changes to spell hindrance. Does this mean Bard songs will have the same hindrance penalties as every other circle does, that is loss of mana and still being put into cast RT?

Because if so this is by far the biggest nerf and it is complete bullshit.

4. Default

They should stop doing patronizing balancing design work that is the apple of the designer's eye, and start doing design that gives the players what they want. Crazy that this needs to be pointed out...
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    At least they scaled back the nerfing of Song of Sonic Disruption a little bit, but it still sucks.
    Well never mind that, I misunderstood the new announced changes. They are nerfing the damage and reducing the initial proposed mana cost but it STILL costs more mana than it currently does. So now it's just a complete nerf.

Why does 1030 have to basically just be a mirror copy of 635?

It's like someone said earlier; they are basically making all the classes the same.

Bards have a really nice group haste spell and a really nice AOE? Well can't have that! Gotta nerf both and make the AOE spell act as other AOE spells!

Bard spell songs are unique when it comes to spell hindrance? Can't have that either! Gotta make bard spell songs the same as all other spells!

Only real change I wanted was 1008 to have better damage output. Right now it's a pretty shitty spell in terms of damage. Train the crap out of air lore for a paltry return in damage....

Now they dumped the spell to SMR. I don't really enjoy SMR that much. I've had countless casts of 917 rip things apart and I've had countless casts give me all negative rolls for all 6 damage cycles.....moving 1008 to a single damage cycle based on SMR sounds crummy. SMR is heavily level based. This means using the spell to uphunt is pretty much worthless.

Them also wanting to move 1005 to SSR - seriously? Another level based roll system? Fuck. That'll mean once you hit that greater than 5 levels over you, you're pretty much screwed using it.

I like the idea of 1007 boosting 1025 weapon AS.
    I like the idea of reducing 1014 armor spell hindrance.

Everything else just seems....meh.

Bards need more ways to have a pure path, so adding a 917 like spell sounds useful....but just what I need, bard-type creature classes out there casting more 917-like spells at my characters.
    Last edited by drumpel; 09-21-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I like the idea of reducing 1014 armor spell hindrance.
    Yeah but didn't they massively screw over bard spell songs by making the hindrance the same as other spell circles? At least that's how I read it.

It's like they nerfed the heck out of spell songs and then are like "But look! We buffed some armor hindrances and made Sonic Armor have less hindrance now too!"

That's great...I would still much prefer the current version.

Ok, so in reading the proposal it seems that they are pushing for a pure bard earlier. Why? Bards a SEMIS not pures. If you want to play a pure then PLAY A PURE. Don't make one of the most fun classes in the game into just another caster. And I say this as a person with several casters. Bards are bards not wizards or sorcs. If you wanted to go pure as a bard, you had to earn it, now it will just be given to you and tank bards that swing in the process. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Blows. That's all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Can't deal with the atmosphere on discord/officials.
    lol. this is funny . Reminds me of when Paladin review was coming out. Im all like yesssss, finally. Then afterwards you are like.......wtf just happened. How did I get worse......???

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Blows. That's all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Can't deal with the atmosphere on discord/officials.
    Sorry you won't be able to farm arena anymore.

Praying for u