Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Did anyone who doesn't suck on GM asshole 24/7 on Discord expect anything else from this "review?"

Can't wait to see how bad they destroy wizards and sorcerers when they get around to nerfing them.
    The fart sniffer squad is actually crying over this because their OP toys are being taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    The fart sniffer squad is actually crying over this because their OP toys are being taken away.
    Actual footage of the bard nerf as recorded by Dalabrac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdynGqxdBk8

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Ok, so in reading the proposal it seems that they are pushing for a pure bard earlier. Why? Bards a SEMIS not pures. If you want to play a pure then PLAY A PURE. Don't make one of the most fun classes in the game into just another caster. And I say this as a person with several casters. Bards are bards not wizards or sorcs. If you wanted to go pure as a bard, you had to earn it, now it will just be given to you and tank bards that swing in the process. Just my .02.
    All pures will be equally shitty by the time Estild and Naijin are done wrecking everything. The only difference will be in the messaging/flavor.

Don't worry though guys, Naijin played a bard to level 42 and then quit, so I'm sure he knows what he's doing...
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post

They won't learn anything from this though. They'll continue to suck on their assholes and ask when X is going to be reviewed, then the cycle will repeat until everyone but warriors are trash and Naijin will finally be able to take a dump again.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-22-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    The summary is they nerf tonis, nerf 1030, delete song of noise, change song renewals to 60 sec from 8+min, and in exchange give us minor spells and small QOL improvements in other areas.
    Yep, i got attacked by players and GMs for even thinking about questioning the nerfs. Nice atmosphere.

Tried to explain this is my main character whom ive been playing for probably a decade now, his RP is that of a sonic sorcerer, i have no interest in combat instruments as it is outside of my RP. The current bard works great, but I'm told 1030 is completely broken and needs to be nerfed (i know it is powerful, but it does not translate into bards being the most powerful class as we lack in other areas). I dont think the balance is as completely out of whack as they say it is, but thats just my opinion and having that opinion is completely taboo. So what if 1030 creates a strong crit on low endrolls. I still die more than almost all of my other characters due to having a lower DS and completely unarmored head. why was it not nerfed 20 years ago then if its such a huge deal? I dont get it.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 09-22-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Yep, i got attacked by players and GMs for even thinking about questioning the nerfs. Nice atmosphere.

Tried to explain this is my main character whom ive been playing for probably a decade now, his RP is that of a sonic sorcerer, i have no interest in combat instruments as it is outside of my RP. The current bard works great, but I'm told 1030 is completely broken and needs to be nerfed (i know it is powerful, but it does not translate into bards being the most powerful class as we lack in other areas). I dont think the balance is as completely out of whack as they say it is, but thats just my opinion and having that opinion is completely taboo. So what if 1030 creates a strong crit on low endrolls. I still die more than almost all of my other characters due to having a lower DS and completely unarmored head. why was it not nerfed 20 years ago then if its such a huge deal? I dont get it.
    I think bards were rarely, if ever, touched is because it was never a very popular class to play.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Actual footage of the bard nerf as recorded by Dalabrac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdynGqxdBk8
    Why are they being racist against musical instruments? Are those Satan now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Why are they being racist against musical instruments? Are those Satan now too?
    Too OP vs islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Also I'm confused about the changes to spell hindrance. Does this mean Bard songs will have the same hindrance penalties as every other circle does, that is loss of mana and still being put into cast RT?

Because if so this is by far the biggest nerf and it is complete bullshit.
    lol yeah. "20+ year old bug is still a bug" was approximately the response I got when I asked about it

Blog Entries

Trying to understand why mental circle when music is obviously spirit based. They didn't call James Brown "The Godfather of Soul" for his PhD.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984