Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bard Review

Blows. That's all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Can't deal with the atmosphere on discord/officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Blows. That's all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Can't deal with the atmosphere on discord/officials.
    trash

Blog Entries

is there a google docs link?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

The summary is they nerf tonis, nerf 1030, delete song of noise, change song renewals to 60 sec from 8+min, and in exchange give us minor spells and small QOL improvements in other areas.

change song renewals to 60 sec from 8+min
    Technically, they're *REMOVING* song renewals... the 60sec thing is checking to see if the bard is incapacitated enough (aka, stunned/dead/etc) to not be able to sing any more. Just like the Focus spells that are in the 1200's do.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

The summary is they nerf tonis, nerf 1030, delete song of noise, change song renewals to 60 sec from 8+min, and in exchange give us minor spells and small QOL improvements in other areas.
    Yep, i got attacked by players and GMs for even thinking about questioning the nerfs. Nice atmosphere.

Tried to explain this is my main character whom ive been playing for probably a decade now, his RP is that of a sonic sorcerer, i have no interest in combat instruments as it is outside of my RP. The current bard works great, but I'm told 1030 is completely broken and needs to be nerfed (i know it is powerful, but it does not translate into bards being the most powerful class as we lack in other areas). I dont think the balance is as completely out of whack as they say it is, but thats just my opinion and having that opinion is completely taboo. So what if 1030 creates a strong crit on low endrolls. I still die more than almost all of my other characters due to having a lower DS and completely unarmored head. why was it not nerfed 20 years ago then if its such a huge deal? I dont get it.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 09-22-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Yep, i got attacked by players and GMs for even thinking about questioning the nerfs. Nice atmosphere.

Tried to explain this is my main character whom ive been playing for probably a decade now, his RP is that of a sonic sorcerer, i have no interest in combat instruments as it is outside of my RP. The current bard works great, but I'm told 1030 is completely broken and needs to be nerfed (i know it is powerful, but it does not translate into bards being the most powerful class as we lack in other areas). I dont think the balance is as completely out of whack as they say it is, but thats just my opinion and having that opinion is completely taboo. So what if 1030 creates a strong crit on low endrolls. I still die more than almost all of my other characters due to having a lower DS and completely unarmored head. why was it not nerfed 20 years ago then if its such a huge deal? I dont get it.
    I think bards were rarely, if ever, touched is because it was never a very popular class to play.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post

It's being adjusted just like how they stealth nerfed the bonus roll for health loss/wounds for 917. At least they're giving you a heads up about it. But there are a handful of nerfs coming through for bards, according to this preview.

Even though 917 has been out for years, the reply was that the "bonus" was not calculating right and every time it didn't it would scream at GMs about it being wrong. So they finally fixed it....

I refuse to believe that it was a known issue for years since SMR was pushed out and it was just left there.

Anyway, it seems it's just easier to not give a true answer and nerf stuff because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    It's being adjusted just like how they stealth nerfed the bonus roll for health loss/wounds for 917. At least they're giving you a heads up about it. But there are a handful of nerfs coming through for bards, according to this preview.

Even though 917 has been out for years, the reply was that the "bonus" was not calculating right and every time it didn't it would scream at GMs about it being wrong. So they finally fixed it....

I refuse to believe that it was a known issue for years since SMR was pushed out and it was just left there.

Anyway, it seems it's just easier to not give a true answer and nerf stuff because they want to.
    Seems like just the fact that it was screaming at GMs like that would have probably gotten it fixed 98047324723089x quicker just because it would be too annoying to not fix. You know, assuming they're not lying about it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible