Thread: 1625 question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1625 question

I read up on the spell on gswiki and done searches, but I can't the answer. Can you use holy weapon on enchanted claidhmores?

Yes works on all weapons, except kroderine or non-magical weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

does this include bows? I have a feeling 1625 is useless for bows but I am hopeful!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    does this include bows? I have a feeling 1625 is useless for bows but I am hopeful!
    Given a couple of Viduus' replies about Paladin's being melee-oriented, and ranged not being seen as a part of the "base kit" for Paladins (but possibly able to add in with Ascension?)... I would guess that, no, bows probably can't be 1625'd to.

I could be completely wrong, since I didn't go digging anywhere else, so take this with a huge grain of salt that is the official forums.

ETA: though, ranged weapons *can* be Warrior Bonded to, so it may be worth a try to see if 1625 can be cast/channeled to a ranged weapo?
    Last edited by mgoddess; 10-08-2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: ETA to add Warrior Bonding to ranged weapons.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

I don’t have any experience with paladin bonding and ranged weapons, but my understanding of 1625 is that the weapon needs to make the kill to get credit toward adding the next Tier bond. I would assume then that with using a bow.. the arrows would be getting that credit and not the bow, but I could be wrong. Theoretically you could swing the bow as a THW until you receive a full bond benefits and then turnaround and use as a ranged weapon? I’d be curious to know if the permabless and flares would then apply to the arrows in this scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chowell View Post
    I don’t have any experience with paladin bonding and ranged weapons, but my understanding of 1625 is that the weapon needs to make the kill to get credit toward adding the next Tier bond. I would assume then that with using a bow.. the arrows would be getting that credit and not the bow, but I could be wrong. Theoretically you could swing the bow as a THW until you receive a full bond benefits and then turnaround and use as a ranged weapon? I’d be curious to know if the permabless and flares would then apply to the arrows in this scenario.

They changed up stuff with ranged, where the entire enchant now comes from the bow/crossbow and nothing from the ammo. Could cause 1625 to view it differently too.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You get credit towards 1625 bonding whenever you contribute to a kill (exp) with the weapon in hand. It does not need to be an actual swing of the weapon. So in theory you could fully bond to a ranged weapon. However, you wouldn't get very many benefits beyond the strength and wisdom bonus (Unless you swing the bow at something).