Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting pairs

Blog Entries

Default Hunting pairs

I am curious if there might be more potent hunting pairs I could try out that I might be missing out on. I like dabbling in all kinds of play styles to keep it fresh since my main is ranger I have my current hunting pair is a wizard (bolting) and warrior (2 hand).

I was thinking a sword/board paladin and bard (UAC) would be a fun combo just for the sheer amount of group compliment spells but are there other combos that could trump my current setup or should I stay the course?

I also don’t mind starting back from scratch and love unique builds/ideas I just don’t need a second ranger!

Side note while services are nice to have, that is not my goal so silvers only thought process is not pivotal for me
    Last edited by Orthin; 09-17-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Speaking as a paladin main, hunting with a bard (grouped with another player) always feels like the most benefit for me. However, I have not found hunting my bard with my paladin very rewarding. Not sure of that is my general lack of bardly zeal or an artifact of not using automating scripts. When actually playing both characters, I prefer paladin/wizard or paladin/sorc. Less synergy but more raw power and diversity in tactics.

I used to hunt my ranged using rogue with a bard slave in tow. 1 second aimed shots with Tonis, +31 AS from Kai, and a mule for my boxes was hard to beat. Only thing is, and I don't think anyone will fight me on this, bards suck at surviving in the Scatter.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

hmm so sounds like while a bard is super handy, they don't sound like a good pairing for full engagement from both, more of a silent partner.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Really depends on where you like hunting. Nelemar, OTF, bandits, and Sanctum, bards are amazing. OTF is workable if you can get their offensive DS enough to deal with scout ambushes.

917 is a great disabler, so I have my wizard spec'd to a mutant enchant build and run him with my bard or my sorc.

6. Default

I would think pally/warrior would be pretty nuts. Have them both sword and board with the warrior training in thw or twc as well. Side by side, phalanx, shout and zealot could be just over bearing. And with the shield maneuvers and the abilities to taunt and turtle, I could imagine it's just godly.

I run mage/warrior at cap for most things and my mage running haste and warrior shield trample and then going thw after it becomes pretty crazy.

Blog Entries

well this would be from starting over so capped area's not really a concern
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Edit to add: re:warrior plus paladin with shields

I've run this too. The real heroic tactic is guard, guard mastery and stance of the tortoise. The warrior gets the boosted block rate from phalanx and auras with two independent chances to block any attacks on himself or the paladin.
    Last edited by Menos; 09-17-2021 at 01:14 PM.

I don't think you can really go wrong, as long as you have one buff/disabler (my vote is Bard) and one kill quickly (take your pick)

Blog Entries

thank you all for the feedback!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric