Thread: weapons for my TWC ranger

Default weapons for my TWC ranger

So im hunting my 40 sorc 35 wizard and 37 ranger in a group so my ranger is set up as a TWC open melee Mstriker.

What would be some good weapons to start working towards for this build?

Was thinking of the TWC weapons from DR

parasite and anamalistic weapons?

also what type should I dual wield as a half-krolvin handaxe/fal? fal/long hand/long hand/short fal/short?

suggestions would be appreciated.

If you're doing twc you really won't do better than the twin weapons. that's what they're made for and they excel at it.

animal is better than parasite really so between the two it is the clear winner. retser has made comments about maybe adding more stuff (new unlocks, not just buffing existing) to his older offerings (like parasite) but nothing concrete just off the cuff comments about maybe something to do. the twin weapon script would be better but then the animal would have the option of using one handed if you ever change so, something to consider.

This is all assuming you're unlocking said scripts at least somewhat. If you aren't it doesn't really matter just pick whatever fits your theme.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If you're doing twc you really won't do better than the twin weapons. that's what they're made for and they excel at it.

animal is better than parasite really so between the two it is the clear winner. retser has made comments about maybe adding more stuff (new unlocks, not just buffing existing) to his older offerings (like parasite) but nothing concrete just off the cuff comments about maybe something to do. the twin weapon script would be better but then the animal would have the option of using one handed if you ever change so, something to consider.

This is all assuming you're unlocking said scripts at least somewhat. If you aren't it doesn't really matter just pick whatever fits your theme.
    Is this including new parry builds that synergize with psm3 and animal flares? Legit curious because I've never messed with twin weapons but a parry build with animal flares is pretty awesome
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I wouldn't value the parry benefit with animal flares very highly for a ranger. You could use mantis aspect with 650 to get a good parry chance but barring that you will have comparatively low parry rate. You're then obviously foregoing the other aspect benefits to get that so i'd rather just not but to each their own you could do it and it would be fine (and totally thematically appropriate for a ranger)

unlocked twin weapons in addition to just being the kinda standard DR script flaring weapons you get:
    the scaling flare damage with counters
    detonation flare if you max the counters
    5% double trike chance from mainhand
    10% to get a DS bonus from your offhand every time you're attacked
    10% for TWC bonus skill (may be helpful in hinterwilds and ascension areas if levels increase you may start to miss offhand attacks more. or just overhunting while leveling) from mianhand
    10% to generate bonus AS when you attack from your offhand

in addition to the cooldown abilities (that basically are ways to ensure you get the detonation flare faster either for 1 attack or for a few minutes per hour). If you're doing twc the twin weapons are just really, really good. All the DR script flaring items are totally fine i don't think there's a wrong answer really.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

5. Default

Weapons. 60 people answered the question asking them to list the weapon types they were currently using while 58 answered the question regarding So wielding 2 hand axes would give you the same cost, but 2 battle axes would cost you 40 extra. Not a big change https://asianfriendly.com/blog/.