Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Taliban taking over Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'll come out and straight up say I don't give a fuck about those people at this point. They had 20 years and billions of dollars to pull their asses together. This is all on them.
    I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people.

The people suffering right now aren't the ones making decisions about the military and direction of their country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I agree. Like I said I think Biden was actually spot on here. Not only the US but other countries have been spending billions of dollars and giving their military countless weaponry and training. What more could we have done other than stay there forever?

I think the US should still give the Afghan government assistance when they can, but a permanent military presence isn't the answer.
    The Afghan Government is going to be wholly and fully the Taliban in the next few months.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    We should never have withdrawn. It's something I'll never forgive Biden for.

I was against it when Trump talked about it, and I'm against it now. It was politics over humanity .
    Holy shit. I don't agree with you but I'll give you credit for being consistent. Weird times we live in when time4fun is the reasonable one among Democrats.

Blog Entries

I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people.

The people suffering right now aren't the ones making decisions about the military and direction of their country.
    We led them to water. The won't drink. You want us to sit there piping in American lives and money forever?

The Afghan Government is going to be wholly and fully the Taliban in the next few months.
    Well yeah, I meant the current government. We should just seal Afghanistan off from the rest of the world when the Taliban take over again.

Blog Entries

No way we should have been there for 20 years.

I was glad when Trump drew out of Syria (which he definitely deserves the credit for, it was interesting how transparent the effort to lambast him on both left and right for this was) and am glad that Biden is drawing out of Afghanistan.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

We should stay there forever?
    We stay there until we know it's not going to create a humanitarian crisis

Again, it matters what happens to people even if they were born far away from you.

Imaginary lines on an imaginary map do not make us a different species. They're just ink lines.

That's something a lot of you here don't seem to be able to get through your heads.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    No way we should have been there for 20 years.

I was glad when Trump drew out of Syria (which he definitely deserves the credit for, it was interesting how transparent the effort to lambast him on both left and right for this was) and am glad that Biden is drawing out of Afghanistan.
    So you don't know anything about the topic.

There were simpler ways to tell us that

Blog Entries

Again, it matters what happens to people even if they were born far away from you.

Imaginary lines on an imaginary map do not make us a different species. They're just ink lines.

That's something a lot of you here don't seem to be able to get through your heads.
    So, forever then. You can pull up your "imaginary lines" bullshit all you want, but they are across the fucking globe from us. The people there were given 2 decades, billions of dollars, weapons, vehicles, training, schools, educations, and they just don't give a fuck.

No, there is nothing you can do. I've been there. I've seen how they act about things. How their Army doesn't give a fuck. How their people don't give a fuck. I mean, you just don't understand. And you never will.

The only way to do what you want, prevent a humanitarian crisis or whatever the fuck, is to turn them into a US Territory. But then you'd probably bitch about Imperialism or something.

And Tyrant knows more about the subject than you.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-14-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Which is how long, precisely? There is no exit strategy, there never was. Administrations just kept kicking the can down the road while contractors made money. Everyone who has been there can tell you it's been 20 years of stupidity, waste, fraud, and murder. A quarter of a million people dead. But no, we have to stay there just a liiiiiittle bit longer and we can totally win this one, guys.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-14-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.