Thread: Ranger Playstyles Since the Major Update....

Post Ranger Playstyles Since the Major Update....

Hi All,

One of the characters I play is a ranger. He is currently a 2hander swinging a claidhmore and is 60 trains. In the past I had mostly just casted sounds and started swinging, keeping combat relatively simple.

I read through the updates awhile ago and saw that the combat with the spell changes should become more dynamic. However, I have not utilized any of the new spells or changes yet.

Currently I just: 615 target, swing claid until dead.

So my question to you is, how has your combat changed? Do you have any advice or examples of how I can utilize the new mechanics as a 2handed ranger with all spells learned? Logs, or just example attack sequence would help me greatly.

Thanks,

You should really incorporate 610 in there with 10 ranks of blessing lore to get the AS buff. I don't have much to offer beyond that, since I'm an archer (like a ranger *should* be XD). The biggest change is probably the increased synergy between weaving attacks/casting to make use of the buffs that proc from 625 (1 second cast RT, or AS boost for next attack).

Vital energy infuses you, hastening your arcane reflexes! <- Cast haste proc after physical attack
    The vitality of nature bestows you with a burst of strength! <- AS proc after magical attack

Blog Entries

Does 612 only boost ranged speed or swing speed too? If so I would be buffing with 612
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Does 612 only boost ranged speed or swing speed too? If so I would be buffing with 612
    Only ranged, and only down to 3 seconds min

I’m a bow wilder and not much has changed. Except infinite ammo, 625 proc on each cast /swing - also doing something to the target sometimes too. Smastery is gone. Sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    I’m a bow wilder and not much has changed. Except infinite ammo, 625 proc on each cast /swing - also doing something to the target sometimes too. Smastery is gone. Sadface
    The RT benefits from smastery just moved to S+H training instead. Plus, with weapon techniques we actually have things to spend stamina on!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    The RT benefits from smastery just moved to S+H training instead. Plus, with weapon techniques we actually have things to spend stamina on!
    Don’t forget the bow Mstrike buff where we get 1.5x compared to normal for ranged
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    I heard infinite ammo was coming, out of curiosity, did that decimate utility of ebows and infinite quivers? Would expect a huge price drop on those now as they basically would provide little benefit mechanically, or is there something they have over the new infinite ammo changes?

Also, on the infinite ammo topic, can it use a crafted arrow for the infite ammo? And if so, is there no need at all to pick up arrows anymore? Finally - would this not clutter room/game with arrows until the janitor comes by?
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-30-2021 at 09:29 AM.

611 us busted; no reason not to Moonbeam everything into the another realm of existence.