Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling Quite Good Platemail

I remember trying to do crit someone in that armor it was pretty much a no go.

2. Default

Red armor was legendary because you would always see "1 point" as the end result. 40 CER damage looks great. But when you factor in 20 CER crit padding being 2 critical ranks against full plate, you're preventing far more than 10 damage at base, as well as an additional wound. This immediately makes 30 CER damage padding superior to 40 without the crit padding - as well as the fact red armor didn't have resistances (which apply first the in equation similar to redux and can therefore be far more effective than both added CER damage OR critical padding). This armor is superior to Red Armor and it's just the novelty of Red Armor that lets it persist in our memories as "the best". There are a couple sets of armor similar to this. I had all three of them as project pieces at some point or another - this one, the one Greng bought from me, and the one I wear now.

This is sold.
    "You burn with hunger for food that does not exist."

Playershops 3

~ Azanoth

Quote Originally Posted by Slit-eye View Post
    Red armor was legendary because you would always see "1 point" as the end result. 40 CER damage looks great. But when you factor in 20 CER crit padding being 2 critical ranks against full plate, you're preventing far more than 10 damage at base, as well as an additional wound. This immediately makes 30 CER damage padding superior to 40 without the crit padding - as well as the fact red armor didn't have resistances (which apply first the in equation similar to redux and can therefore be far more effective than both added CER damage OR critical padding). This armor is superior to Red Armor and it's just the novelty of Red Armor that lets it persist in our memories as "the best". There are a couple sets of armor similar to this. I had all three of them as project pieces at some point or another - this one, the one Greng bought from me, and the one I wear now.
    The other set in my possession for record keeping.
    One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. Its not easy to say, For nineteen years Ive been living and believing a certain way and Im beginning to wonder if what I believed is right. Then you go a little further and start admitting, No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way. - Charlie Daniels