Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leveling with Ascension

Blog Entries

Default Leveling with Ascension

Decided since I have capped and being capped is kind of stagnant (IMO) I would play around with bringing a guy up and pumping ascension as much as that level would allow to really enjoy some of those hunting area's longer and delay capping as much as possible. I know someone can do the math for what it should break down for each level but I figured I would map my EXP gain using ascension and post it because, well I can.

20: 11,728
    21: 24,768
    22: 39,158
    23: 54,981 - 1 ATP
    24: 72,345
    25: 89,560
    26: 109,970 - 1 ATP
    27: 131,928
    28: 155,653 - 1 ATP
    29:
    30:
    Last edited by Orthin; 12-23-2021 at 06:27 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Ascension point breakdown

2 earned by EXP
    Paladin:
    Strength 1/40 Common Stat
    Two-Handed Weapon 2/50 Common Skill

2 earned by EXP
    Sorcerer:
    Aura 2/40 Common Stat
    Wisdom 1/40 Common Stat
    Last edited by Orthin; 12-17-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

I certainly feel the pinch with my level 58/59...whatever level he is, I forget off the top of my head....warmage. I have his ascension exp set to 55%. So his normal exp gain is 45% and ascension is 55%.

I'm pulling ascension training points at an okay speed, but they pail in comparison of actually earning enough experience to level up. You benefit so much more from a level of TPs and skills you put up over 1-2 ATPs you earn in the same time frame. Take it as you want, but I wouldn't really sink much into ascension exp gain right away unless you're really determined.

Yea but if your goal is to avoid the monotony of capped hunting it is a way to accomplish that goal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I certainly feel the pinch with my level 58/59...whatever level he is, I forget off the top of my head....warmage. I have his ascension exp set to 55%. So his normal exp gain is 45% and ascension is 55%.

I'm pulling ascension training points at an okay speed, but they pail in comparison of actually earning enough experience to level up. You benefit so much more from a level of TPs and skills you put up over 1-2 ATPs you earn in the same time frame. Take it as you want, but I wouldn't really sink much into ascension exp gain right away unless you're really determined.
    It’s not really for the ATPs but to still earn exp and have the challenge of some of the more fun hunting areas. I still have my capped dude to mess around with but short of hitting the 70s I have a pretty wide margin of where I can hunt for fun and learn from it.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    Yea but if your goal is to avoid the monotony of capped hunting it is a way to accomplish that goal.
    I am hoping hinterwilds changes that (though SoS is pretty dope). But even if say zombies get tedious (though they aren’t) I can spice it up with a huge array of hunting options.

I still have my capped dude, this is just a nice break and it slows down getting to cap nicely. Plus I kind of just wanted to do it to see if I could
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

7. Default

I'd probably enable it to the max in wealthy areas and disable it in poor or annoying mechanical areas.

You should be pretty stout by the time you reach level 100 as well with all those ATP's.....in 2026

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    You should be pretty stout by the time you reach level 100 as well with all those ATP's.....in 2026
    haha.

Honestly the one time/place I may not use it is once I get to the high levels because hunting is so sparse, though like you said who knows how many options I will have in 4-5 years
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Is there a generally accepted ascension plan for how much experience to put in and when to start?