Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They serious about Warnings & HMC

1. Default They serious about Warnings & HMC

Not sure why all of a sudden they getting serious but this just happened... (recently purchased character)

*sorry I attempted to clean it up but got lazy. heh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You feel yourself being pulled away...
    [Consultation Lounge]
    The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
    Also here: GameMaster Aiza
    Obvious exits: none
    !>
    Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
    !>
    [Help] Mnar: "Sorry, I'll be good."
    !>
    [Help] Chelsin: "Hehe."
    !>
    You say, "Something at that level and I assumed an email or some kind of in-game note would be sent."
    !>look
    [Consultation Lounge]
    The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.

!>
    You say, "According to Wyrom less than 10 people were ever on the HMC in the past 24 years."
    !>chu
    You chuckle.
    !>
    Aiza says, "So."
    !>
    You say, "Must've been super serious."
    !>
    You give your eyebrow a little workout.
    !>
    Aiza says, "HMC follows characters, even after they've been transferred."
    !>
    Aiza says, "See this post. http://forums.play.net/forums/19/210/2230/view/586."
    !>
    >sigh
    You sigh.
    !>
    You say, "Yeah I gathered it was something like that."
    !>look
    [Consultation Lounge]
    !>
    Aiza says, "Unfortunately, this character is linked to a troublesome slew of accounts."
    !>sigh
    You sigh.
    !>
    >
    You say, "Well as you probably can see this was a recent transfer to the XXX account."
    !>
    You ask, "Are you saying it was in trouble beforehand as well?"
    !>
    [Help] Chelsin: "It is fine in moderation."
    !>
    !>look
    [Consultation Lounge]
    !>
    You say, "Dang never would have thought."
    !>
    Aiza nods.
    !>
    [Merchant] Maze: "Buying bloodscrip at 750k silver per 1k BS. Let me know if interested."
    !>
    You say, "The um, but it had no warnings on him."
    !>
    [Merchant] Maze: "Buying unwanted Duskruin entries for 175k per entry.. Let me know what you got."
    !>
    You say, "Huh."
    !>
    Aiza says, "Warnings aren't just on characters."
    !>
    Aiza says, "It's cumulative on the account."
    !>
    Aiza says, "You can have a clean "locker" character, but a flagged account."
    !>
    You ask, "How many accounts did this guy trade ahnds?"
    !>
    You ask, "Er hands?"
    !>
    Aiza says, "A lot. There are a lot."
    !>
    You chuckle.
    !>
    You say, "Wow."
    !>
    You say, "Well that was my bad, I trusted the um person I got it from."
    !>
    You say, "Well that sucks."
    !>look
    [Consultation Lounge]
    !>
    Aiza nods.
    !>
    Aiza asks, "Was there anything else?"
    !>
    You say, "So let me be clear though."
    !>
    You ask, "It's just this account that will be tagged with HMC? My other accounts are safe...yeah?"
    !>
    Aiza says, "Oh..."
    !>
    You give your eyebrow a little workout.
    !>heal
    You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 233
    Remaining Health Points: 146
    You are feeling light headed.

Maximum Spirit Points: 7
    Remaining Spirit Points: 7

Maximum Stamina Points: 121
    Remaining Stamina Points: 121

Diseased! Taking 2 damage per round. Dissipating 1 per round.
    Physical Damage Reduction: 33.56%

!>
    Aiza says, "It's all linked accounts."

>
    You frown.
    !>
    You ask, "So can I not play or use this account?"
    !>
    Aiza says, "Of course you can play."
    !>
    Aiza says, "HMC status just requires you be on your best behavior."
    >
    [LNet]-GSIV:Maze: "isn't that Teras is a nutshell?"
    >
    You say, "I have other more um, serious, as in capped characters... the characters I created and level'd to cap that I'm REALLY concerned about."
    >
    Aiza says, "Don't violate policy."
    >
    You say, "I've never done that, very quiet player, so that's not a problem."
    >
    You say, "BUT."
    >
    >
    You say, "I don't want to get coralled in for something I never did."
    >
    You ask, "You know what I'm saying?"
    >
    Aiza nods.
    >

You say, "So, again, is my 12 year + characters safe? that's what I'm really worried about."
    >
    You say, "Or are, sorry."
    >
    Aiza says, "However, given how players have shuffled characters around multiples of their own accounts, it's difficult to tell if it's you or someone else who is the new owner."
    >chu
    You chuckle.
    >
    >nod aiz
    You nod at Aiza.
    >sigh
    You sigh.
    >
    Aiza says, "Thus it follows all characters from linked accounts."
    >
    You say, "I gathered that was the issue."
    >
    [Merchant]-GSIV:Queatus: "Any of you OSA people want a salt-stained tanned leather longcloak with golden knots on the left shoulder? Cheap, make an offer"
    >
    You say, "If you saw the help chan on thinknet you can probably tell I'm new to warrior..."
    >
    You say, "But anyway I get what you're saying."
    >smile aiz
    You smile at Aiza.

Aiza nods.
    >
    Aiza says, "Alright then."
    >
    You ask, "So do I not logon to my other "original" accounts then?"
    >
    You say, "Like what I'm trying to determine is..."
    >
    You ask, "Is this account and character radioactive now?"
    >

Aiza ponders.
    >
    Aiza asks, "You had these accounts before you bought this character?"
    >
    You say, "Ohhh..."
    >
    You say, "Loooooong time ago."
    >
    Aiza asks, "What are your account names?"
    >
    Aiza says, "I'll just see if they're on the list."

>"Hmm
    You say, "Hmm."
    >
    You say, "Honestly, I don't want to say. I've logged into them recently and they don't have anything on their Policy Review."
    >
    Aiza says, "Then you should be fine."
    >"OK.
    You say, "OK."
    >
    Aiza asks, "Was that all?"
    >
    You ask, "But final tidbit, it wasn't anything done on the XXXX account that warranted HMC right?"
    >
    Aiza nods.
    >
    You say, "Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me me."
    >
    Aiza says, "Correct."
    >
    You say, "Ah ok."
    >
    You say, "Phew, OK. Wow, then it was the other guys before."
    >
    Aiza nods.
    >
    You say, "OK thanks Aiza."
    >
    You say, "You've been super awesome."
    >
    Aiza says, "Have a good day."
    >
    Aiza waves.
    >cheer aiz
    You turn to Aiza and cheer!
    >wave
    You wave.
    >
    The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    You ask, "It's just this account that will be tagged with HMC? My other accounts are safe...yeah?"
    From the wiki's page on policy, at the very bottom (https://gswiki.play.net/Policy):

Once a player is flagged as HMC, it is a permanent decision on all linked accounts, even if the account transfers hands.
    You basically caught Gemstone aids. Right now your other accounts are unlinked because linking is probably an archaic process that require someone high up to manually do it, and the internal policy behind it is not 100% clarified for the GMs involved. If you keep a low profile and play nice, they'd probably be willing to keep one eye shut on the whole situation while you keep playing. You ever get too annoying for them or won't shut up on the forums or something, Grumskull, then they have a definite "in" to get rid of you or make your life very interesting as they need to. You complain, they'll fall back on "buyer beware" on how you caught GS aids from character sales to begin with. Sorry man.

Probably the dumbest policy in all of GS. We can verify you're not "that guy", but we literally don't care and are happy to fuck you over and all your linked accounts. Because reasons.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    From the wiki's page on policy, at the very bottom (https://gswiki.play.net/Policy):

You basically caught Gemstone aids. Right now your other accounts are unlinked because linking is probably an archaic process that require someone high up to manually do it, and the internal policy behind it is not 100% clarified for the GMs involved. If you keep a low profile and play nice, they'd probably be willing to keep one eye shut on the whole situation while you keep playing. You ever get too annoying for them or won't shut up on the forums or something, Grumskull, then they have a definite "in" to get rid of you or make your life very interesting as they need to. You complain, they'll fall back on "buyer beware" on how you caught GS aids from character sales to begin with. Sorry man.
    Yeah. You gotta do your due diligence when buying characters for sure.

Even if you think it's just some throwaway you're going to play around with, now it could come around and permanently hurt your prized stable of treasured original characters.

I'm actually never going to buy a character now unless I know the seller in RL or something heh.

so what if you sell a character to someone, and then they get in trouble, that goes back to you as well or just new to new account? if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    so what if you sell a character to someone, and then they get in trouble, that goes back to you as well or just new to new account? if that makes sense?
    It sure as heck sounds like once a character is linked to your accounts it's linked forever, which doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It sure as heck sounds like once a character is linked to your accounts it's linked forever, which doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
    Would make more sense just to lock HMC accounts and not let them trade characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Right because if my account is clean and i sell a character and then they mess up it's on me. i honestly get it, if the person is already a problem. but after?

9. Default

So they essentially end up with a lot more HMC people than there really are. Like lets say the guy who sold it to OP had two accounts. He's still HMC and so is OP. At that point its still just two accounts but now if OP sells a secondary account, it creates a new set of HMC accounts.

Simu are fucking retarded, aren't they?