Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treasure

Default Treasure

Personally, I find loot to be one of the big draws to the game. Even though 99.99% of what the treasure system spits out is garbage, it's the hunt for the elusive .01% that keeps me going! I thought that it might be fun to start a thread where the community could compare notes about what is possible / not possible to find through the treasure system. Below, I am specifically referring to items that are randomly generated through the treasure system (not GM created feeder items or legendary treasure).

I've created a several categories below and filled in notes from my findings over the years. The categories effectively reflect the bounds of what I've found to be possible over the years (e.g., in #2 under Boxes, the highest number of silver coins I've seen in a box is approx. 50k). Would love for others to add to this. Over time, I can try to maintain a consolidated list as the first entry in this thread.

If there’s interest, I can start another thread at some point in the future to share GM-created unique finds.

Boxes

1. Single box with 3 or more of the same gem

Two is not uncommon

2. Single box with more than ~50k silver coins

3. Single box with 2 or more enhancive items

4. Single box containing 9 or more items of any variety

5. Single box containing 3 or more of any of the following: weapons, armor (body or accessory worn), shields

Enhancives

1. On jewelry: Greater than 10 skill bonus to something important (i.e., not climbing), or greater than 10 stat / 5 stat bonus

2. On jewelry: 8 or more skill bonus to each of two important things (i.e., not climbing), or greater than 8 stat / 4 stat bonus

3. Permanent enhancives that come close to hitting the thresholds in #1 and #2 above

4. Enhancive earrings (worn over both ears), anklet, or other unusual worn location

5. 20 or more skill bonus to anything

I recently found a crumbly wrist-worn with +19 climbing skill

Weapons and Armor

1. +40 or greater enchant

I found a +37 runestaff in the Duskruin sewers a few years ago

2. At least 7 CER permanent WPS, excluding sephwir, katanas and claidhmores

5-6 CER is the most I've found

3. 20% or more permanent resistance to a single damage type

4. Any amount of permanent resistance to two different damage types

5. Greater than +10 permanent TD

6. A claidhmore with a +15 or greater enchant ** within the last 5 or 6 years

7. Any weapon with any of the following: grapple flares, 4x or more acuity flares, +4 or +5 mana flares

8. A flaring bow

9. A flaring claidhmore

10. Made out of an unusual material (something really rare... not like veil iron or golvern)

11. Anything really unique that didn't get picked up in the categories above

General

1. More than 1000 silver coins from a single critter (direct loot from the critter - not in a box)

2. A randomly generated weapon and armor piece from a single critter (e.g., something holding a mithril short sword plus a villswood aegis)

3. Anything that a player would reasonably value at 25mil or more

4. Four or more items of any type looted directly from a single critter (not in a box), excluding silver coins (e.g., a crystal amulet, a wand, a moonstone cube and a dress)

Three is fairly common

5. Two of the exact same item, looted directly from a critter (i.e., 2 iron wands)
    Last edited by Idalias; 07-01-2021 at 10:57 PM.

I don't think I've ever found anything that's blown my socks off, the one thing in game that did wow me was at Ebons Gate a million years ago on my first DE Wiz Isica. I don't normally attend merchants in this game because the queues are just way too long. I had a really terrible looking 5x robe that I really wanted to change to a royal blue robe so I waited over 2 hours in an enormous wall of text queue. When it was finally my turn the GM gawked and told me I could have had want I wanted done in the dyers tent (at the time I didn't know that was a thing).

The GM asked me if I wanted anything else done and genuinely didn't I just wanted an enchanted robe for my wiz to wear immediately, she them emoted running her fingers through my DE's hair and changed it from long flowing silver hair to long shimmering silver hair then asked me if I wanted to keep the change and I was like that looks fooking awesome! She then added a feature concealing hood on the robe and showed me how it worked, honestly I was a really happy chappy because it was exactly what I always wanted but didn't know it was even possible in the game.

The close second was when GM Kaedra I think her name was created the two themes for my 2 new DE wizards when I returned to the game. I was basically in Thraks trophy room with one other player in there who sleeping when she just appeared out of no where and offered feature alterations. I told her the element that I intended both wizards to have an affinity towards and she basically created both themes from scratch. After she'd finished working on both wizards the room of course had become a wall of text xD.
    Last edited by Winter; 07-02-2021 at 02:59 AM.

I never found anything exciting. I found a couple of unique GM made items before, but they were basic items you can get off the shelf or out of the armor shop.....or if you just visited a merchant to get them altered.

One was some leg greaves, this was years ago - before enhancives were a thing. They were some rat fur greaves (or some such). They had a neat little show about the fur being matted and worn.

The other was some 4x coal black armor. It was basic 4x, but had a show that went something like: the armor was so black that it seemed to draw in the light itself

I had (might still have, I can't even remember now) a creature found MR 513 pendant.....this was years ago as well. I never rubbed it nor charged it. Thought it was a nice find since MR was kind of rare at the time and 513 is not an imbeddable spell.

Otherwise, anything else I came across was a T5 from Ebon Gates of the past - not the newer ones where a T6 is the new T5. Even then, those few T5 items I found weren't very interesting or of any use to me.

This thread reminds me of the lich script tracker (pretty sure on the name) that saves drop info. I couldn't get it to work, but haven't deep dove into ever trying to fix it.
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 07-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Discord = Teror#3966

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bluecenterlight View Post
    This thread reminds me of the lich script tracker (pretty sure on the name) that saves drop info. I couldn't get it to work, but haven't deep dove into ever trying to fix it.
    I remember something that you just tuned to a channel and it had the drops going. That might have even been Psinet because I don't think you needed to add a script.

Some of your categories in the OP I didn't even know were possible. Feels bad. I think I'm either rate-limited or you may have a bonus. The best area I found in about the last year and half had 2 to 3 top gems and a jewlery item per box. It did have one great item but its possible it was a GM item. It was a rare-ish slot (thigh) lockpick case with pick and disarm enhancives.
    Last edited by 2Sage; 07-02-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    The close second was when GM Kaedra I think her name was created the two themes for my 2 new DE wizards when I returned to the game. I was basically in Thraks trophy room with one other player in there who sleeping when she just appeared out of no where and offered feature alterations. I told her the element that I intended both wizards to have an affinity towards and she basically created both themes from scratch. After she'd finished working on both wizards the room of course had become a wall of text xD.

Heh, definitely not Kaedra (a PC).

Maybe you're remembering GM Keios, she liked to surprise alter there.

Great stories! Just to clarify with respect to 2Sage's comment - the categories I've listed above are all just beyond the bound of what I think is possible. i.e, you can find 2 of the same gem in a chest, but never (?) 3. But who knows? Maybe someone has found 3 diamonds in the same chest... would love to hear from you if you have!

I looted over 1,200 silvers from a single Vaespilon earlier this evening. I was on a major loot boost, but still, interesting to see that it’s possible. I can’t recall ever exceeding 1,000 before.

Are you sure there wasn’t a dropped pile of silvers in the room?

That’s an extra line and a lot people drop coins in the Rift.

I’m fairly confident, and I know what the “extra line” looks like when there are silvers on the ground. I did a double-take when it happened, because I, too, drop silvers all of the time there. I’m too tech-inept to log stuff like this, unfortunately.