Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about PMS - weapon skills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default question about PMS - weapon skills

Are the new weapon skills AS attacks or CML attacks?

Such a basic thing, you would think would be laid out. On the wiki, some of them say "attack" multiple targets (see whirlwind, THW) while others say "maneuver" multiple targets (see blitz through, brawling).

If so, then is "whirlwind" basically a room mstrike? So now we can do room mstrikes without the mistrike skill, but only with the THW weapons and only if you are a square or a semi?!?

PMS gives me headaches everytime
    Last edited by gilchristr; 06-08-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post

PMS gives me headaches everytime
    Yeah, it gives me a headache once a month as well.
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-08-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

I've been actively ignoring PSM3, I hope it goes away if I don't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I've been actively ignoring PSM3, I hope it goes away if I don't think about it.
    I spent time on test on my monk and all I learned is that I won't be changing a fucking thing about how he's built or how he hunts when PSM3 goes live. If people want to hunt slower just to use more varied attacks, that's up to them, I'll keep spamming mstrike. The refund of CMPs (and 700 PTP back from unlearning all his armor use since Light Armor Mastery is being killed off) is nice, though.

My other characters are pures and they'll likely be able to completely ignore the entire release.

e: I was ready to weave in new PSM3 stuff to his routine but then we learned that using any sort of mstrike cockblocks you from using AOE weapon skills for a full 60 seconds and I just laughed and moved on with my life. Very typical Simu shit tbh. Months of "mstrike will still work, it's not getting changed, you can keep hunting how you are now if you don't want to use the new stuff" which is all the literal truth! But then it hits test and we learn about the cooldown. Just lol.
    Last edited by audioserf; 06-15-2021 at 04:07 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I spent time on test on my monk and all I learned is that I won't be changing a fucking thing about how he's built or how he hunts when PSM3 goes live. If people want to hunt slower just to use more varied attacks, that's up to them, I'll keep spamming mstrike. The refund of CMPs (and 700 PTP back from unlearning all his armor use since Light Armor Mastery is being killed off) is nice, though.

My other characters are pures and they'll likely be able to completely ignore the entire release.

e: I was ready to weave in new PSM3 stuff to his routine but then we learned that using any sort of mstrike cockblocks you from using AOE weapon skills for a full 60 seconds and I just laughed and moved on with my life. Very typical Simu shit tbh. Months of "mstrike will still work, it's not getting changed, you can keep hunting how you are now if you don't want to use the new stuff" which is all the literal truth! But then it hits test and we learn about the cooldown. Just lol.
    You can still weapon skill AOE and spam MSTRIKE. You just need to do MSTRIKE second.

According to Naijin, hunting "the old way" will basically be gimping yourself.

This will probably be the case until they start nerfing the fuck out of everyone and by the time it's said and done with, hunting with 901 without rapid fire today will probably end up being more effective than whatever pures have shoved up their ass by the time Naijin is done wrecking everything.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-16-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I think that while leveling, the PSM3 weapon skills/CMs will make things a ton easier for squares. Ultimately, though, it's similar to spells vs Kroderine Soul: once you have enough MOC and stamina, mstrike is just better. When you have the exp for spells, spells are better than KS.

I think that while leveling, the PSM3 weapon skills/CMs will make things a ton easier for squares. Ultimately, though, it's similar to spells vs Kroderine Soul: once you have enough MOC and stamina, mstrike is just better. When you have the exp for spells, spells are better than KS.
    Do you think Naijin won't nerf existing things to make new stuff "better" though?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Do you think Naijin won't nerf existing things to make new stuff "better" though?
    He's said he won't and that's all we can go on for now until it happens, right? If they start firing up the Mstrike Nerf Hammer I'll come here to post through incoherent blind rage before fire-saleing my monk and replacing him with another pure.

He's said he won't and that's all we can go on for now until it happens, right?
    In Simu speak that pretty much confirms that it will happen.

Or they'll just happen to "discover a bug" that was making them way too strong for the past couple decades and "fixed" it.