Thread: Issues with Tables in the forums?

Default Issues with Tables in the forums?

Has anyone else tried creating a table and met with issues when trying to view it?

I don't do tables in here very often, but they seem to be broken or maybe I'm doing them wrong?

My understanding is you use brackets [ ] and input "table" between them. Then to end the table you use brackets [ ] again and input "/table" between them.

However, upon doing so I'm always greeted with this:

Cannot use string offset as an array on line 59 in /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(244) : eval()'d code
    #0 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1782): handle_tabletag(Object(vB_BbCodeParser), 'This is a test<...', false)
    #1 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1587): vB_BbCodeParser->handle_external('This is a test<...', false)
    #2 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1042): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_array(Array, 1, 1, 0)
    #3 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(563): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_bbcode('Has anyone else...', 1, 1, 0)
    #4 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(477): vB_BbCodeParser->do_parse('Has anyone else...', 0, 1, 1, 1, true, false, 'on_nl2br', false, 1)
    #5 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/functions_newpost.php(930): vB_BbCodeParser->parse('Has anyone else...', 51, 1, false, '', 3, false, 'on_nl2br')
    #6 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/newthread.php(263): process_post_preview(Array, 0, Array, Array)
    #7 {main}

This started happening to me recently, too. I can't post OR view any page with a table. For instance, http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...adge-Breakdown.

Same issue:

Code:
    Cannot use string offset as an array on line 59 in /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(244) : eval()'d code
    #0 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1782): handle_tabletag(Object(vB_BbCodeParser), ' MAX AT CAP| BO...', false)
    #1 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1587): vB_BbCodeParser->handle_external(' MAX AT CAP| BO...', false)
    #2 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1042): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_array(Array, 1, 1, 0)
    #3 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(563): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_bbcode('A lot of inform...', 1, 1, 0)
    #4 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(477): vB_BbCodeParser->do_parse('A lot of inform...', 0, 1, 1, 1, true, false, 'on_nl2br', false, 1)
    #5 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(1242): vB_BbCodeParser->parse('A lot of inform...', 15, '1', false, NULL, NULL, false, 'on_nl2br')
    #6 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(329): vB_Postbit_Post->parse_bbcode()
    #7 /home/gsplayer/public_html/forum/showthread.php(1096): vB_Postbit->construct_postbit(Array)
    #8 {main}

Sad that this is still an issue. I can't go back and view any thread that has a table on it, just throws out that error you see listed in the above couple of posts. Not sure who needs to fix what, but it would be nice if they got bored enough to look things over eventually.

Bump - still hoping this gets fixed.

This thread, in particular, is very useful and currently broken except in archive format where it looks like crap:
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...adge-Breakdown
    Last edited by Tsalin; 01-20-2022 at 05:37 PM.

The issue has been fixed.

Thank you!

However, for the post I referenced above, the table that seems to have been causing the issue is simple gone. Is there any way to get it back? I assume the OP didn't edit it out.

Thanks again!

Yes the issue is that the table plugin that people are familiar with was broken in a recent update to PHP. The source for tables is still part of the post but it won't display. For the particular table you linked to I restored the formatting so you should be able to see it now. I can restore formatting for other tables on a case-by-case basis as they come up.

Awesome! Thanks again!

Thanks for the fix.