Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: Enhancive Changes

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Yep, it's a great big badge nerf. Oh, I mean "simplification".
    Speaking of nerf, hasn't anyone noticed the bonus cap they snuck in for SMR rolls? I've seen it while using 917.

The bonuses are there, but there is a cap on how high the bonus can end up at.

What is the same:
    Prone = 20
    Stunned = 35
    Prone + Stunned = 55
    Immobilized = 100 (does not stack with any other bonus)

Wounds and loss of health have various bonuses and these would stack upon any Prone and/or Stunned status and there didn't appear to be any ceiling in the past. I've had a bonus of 100+ at times.

Sometime in the past few months a cap as put in place on wounds/health loss. This cap is now 25. These values may have changed based on what I found 18+ months ago from testing, but I haven't done any testing since this nerf cap was put in place.

A creature that doesn't stun, but can be knocked prone has a capped bonus of up to 45 (20 for prone status and up to 25 for wound/health loss).
    A creature that can stun and be knocked prone has a capped bonus of 80 (20 for prone status, 35 for stun and up to 25 for wound/health loss).
    A creature that can't be stunned or knocked prone has a capped bonus of 25 (up to 25 for wound/health loss).

In the past, I'm not sure if there was a cap on the wounds/health loss bonus because on creatures stunned/prone and missing limbs and lots of health I've had the bonus on a 917 SMR roll in the low 100s before.

It's slightly more difficult (I'd say upwards of 10%) to land kills on the first cast of 917 for my capped and now almost capped second wizard when hunting in the past couple months due to lower rolls from the capped nerf bonus.

I guess I can say at least they're making us aware of the almost not a nerf going on here that'll hit the adventure guild badges.....

2. Default

3. Default

I wonder if this would mean ascension points in skills would also then be ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Yep, it's a great big badge nerf. Oh, I mean "simplification".
    No need to worry, the Simu sycophants who struggle with basic addition and subtraction will love it and think it's a buff.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-20-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I asked on the forums a few days ago about the nerf to the SMR bonus, but I haven't heard anything yet.....

Figure I won't hear anything because they rarely comment on stealth nerfs unless you make a ruckus on discord - even then with how you have log into discord with your character name, I don't want them associating me with my character or the account I use on the forums so I don't visit discord (not that I really used it in the past).

So, yes, keep an eye out on stealth nerfs. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come throughout the days of getting the PSM crap done and ascension stuff done.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Speaking of nerf, hasn't anyone noticed the bonus cap they snuck in for SMR rolls? I've seen it while using 917.

The bonuses are there, but there is a cap on how high the bonus can end up at.

What is the same:
    Prone = 20
    Stunned = 35
    Prone + Stunned = 55
    Immobilized = 100 (does not stack with any other bonus)

Wounds and loss of health have various bonuses and these would stack upon any Prone and/or Stunned status and there didn't appear to be any ceiling in the past. I've had a bonus of 100+ at times.

Sometime in the past few months a cap as put in place on wounds/health loss. This cap is now 25. These values may have changed based on what I found 18+ months ago from testing, but I haven't done any testing since this nerf cap was put in place.

A creature that doesn't stun, but can be knocked prone has a capped bonus of up to 45 (20 for prone status and up to 25 for wound/health loss).
    A creature that can stun and be knocked prone has a capped bonus of 80 (20 for prone status, 35 for stun and up to 25 for wound/health loss).
    A creature that can't be stunned or knocked prone has a capped bonus of 25 (up to 25 for wound/health loss).

In the past, I'm not sure if there was a cap on the wounds/health loss bonus because on creatures stunned/prone and missing limbs and lots of health I've had the bonus on a 917 SMR roll in the low 100s before.

It's slightly more difficult (I'd say upwards of 10%) to land kills on the first cast of 917 for my capped and now almost capped second wizard when hunting in the past couple months due to lower rolls from the capped nerf bonus.

I guess I can say at least they're making us aware of the almost not a nerf going on here that'll hit the adventure guild badges.....
    I think there is something buggy going on here.

I looked through my wizard's logs. The last time I had a bonus of 80+ on 917 was back around 12/26/20. As of after 1/1/21 (which coincides around the time of the release of the much beloved PSM 2 update), the higher 80+ bonus values has disappeared, and the bonus of 80 started showing up very frequently in the logs as it basically took the place of previously higher values. I stopped hunting my wizard account around the middle/end of March, so my data's only up to that point.

For comparison I also looked through my paladin's logs. I've been getting normal 80+ bonus values on stuff like feint or charge perfectly fine even as of last week. This cap of 80 on the bonus is not a blanket cap that affects all SMRv2 stuff, but seems to be specific only for 917.

I looked through my empath's logs for for SMRv2 stuff for kicks, and found the following from 5/15/21, during the story event with that manticore:

Ordim gestures at a titanic winged manticore.
    The ground beneath a titanic winged manticore rumbles with renewed vigor!
    The earth cracks beneath a titanic winged manticore, releasing a column of frigid air!
    [SMR result: 205 (Open d100: 47, Bonus: 121)]
    ... 50 points of damage!
    Alastir gestures at a titanic winged manticore.
    The ground beneath a titanic winged manticore boils with renewed vigor!
    Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath a titanic winged manticore!
    [SMR result: 208 (Open d100: 47, Bonus: 119)]
    ... 55 points of damage!
    That manticore was a event critter and probably had all sorts of negative effects and wounds on it, but nonetheless there were multiple 917 hits with bonuses of 80+ from 917 during that event.

The 80 bonus cap on 917 definitely existed based on my own wizard's logs. I don't know if it affects only certain characters or if it's a bug they managed to fix recently. Giving this further thought, the manticore was a special event creature, it may very well have been made with different rules so I don't know how relevant the two above logs from 5/15/21 are.

Are you still seeing that 80 cap as of now? If you still see it as of today it probably is a bug or stealth nerf of some sort. I cancelled my wizard account a while ago so I can't quite test this on my end.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 05-20-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I think there is something buggy going on here.

I looked through my wizard's logs. The last time I had a bonus of 80+ on 917 was back around 12/26/20. As of after 1/1/21 (which coincidences around the time of the release of the much beloved PSM 2 update), the higher 80+ bonus values has disappeared, and the bonus of 80 started showing up very frequently in the logs as it basically took the place of previously higher values. I stopped hunting my wizard account around the middle/end of March, so my data's only up to that point.

For comparison I also looked through my paladin's logs. I've been getting normal 80+ bonus values on stuff like feint or charge perfectly fine even as of last week. This cap of 80 on the bonus is not a blanket cap that affects all SMRv2 stuff, but seems to be specific only for 917.

I looked through my empath's logs for for SMRv2 stuff for kicks, and found the following from 5/15/21, during the story event with that manticore:

That manticore was a event critter and probably had all sorts of negative effects and wounds on it, but nonetheless there were multiple 917 hits with bonuses of 80+ from 917 during that event.

The 80 bonus cap definitely existed based on my own wizard's logs. I don't know if it affects only certain characters or if it's a bug they managed to fix recently. Are you still seeing that 80 cap as of now? I cancelled my wizard account a while ago so I can't quite test this on my end.

The 80 cap was still there as of yesterday afternoon. I capped the weekly essence for my wizards this week so I'm not out hunting them anymore until Monday. My hunts consisted of 2 hunting locations where I saw the same results.

The capped wizard hunts in Nelemar.
    The level 98 wizard was at OTF at the start of the week (before he hit level 98) and he was getting the 80 cap bonus in OTF and got the same 80 cap bonus in Nelemar.
    Both wizards experienced the capped 80 or 45 bonuses on all creatures (except for griffins, since 917 doesn't hit them) in both hunting grounds.

I'm too lazy to run them back out to Nelemar to test right now. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have a wizard in one of these areas to let us know what the bonus values right when using 917.

8. Default

The 80 cap was still there as of yesterday afternoon. I capped the weekly essence for my wizards this week so I'm not out hunting them anymore until Monday. My hunts consisted of 2 hunting locations where I saw the same results.

The capped wizard hunts in Nelemar.
    The level 98 wizard was at OTF at the start of the week (before he hit level 98) and he was getting the 80 cap bonus in OTF and got the same 80 cap bonus in Nelemar.
    Both wizards experienced the capped 80 or 45 bonuses on all creatures (except for griffins, since 917 doesn't hit them) in both hunting grounds.

I'm too lazy to run them back out to Nelemar to test right now. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have a wizard in one of these areas to let us know what the bonus values right when using 917.
    Thanks for clarifying. I think there is definitely something wonky going on, then. If anyone else want to research into this, you can use Notepad++ to search through large amounts of text file logs at once. Just have the program do a search for something like "SMR result" in the folder the logs are located. Takes like a minute to do and a lot more realistic than to manually look through each text log on your own.

I asked on the forums a few days ago about the nerf to the SMR bonus, but I haven't heard anything yet.....

Figure I won't hear anything because they rarely comment on stealth nerfs unless you make a ruckus on discord - even then with how you have log into discord with your character name, I don't want them associating me with my character or the account I use on the forums so I don't visit discord (not that I really used it in the past).

So, yes, keep an eye out on stealth nerfs. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come throughout the days of getting the PSM crap done and ascension stuff done.
    It would be nice if Wyrom just put a blanket ban on stealth nerfs and require actual changelogs like pretty much every other game on the planet does.

Stealth nerf just means "I know this change I'm implementing is a steaming pile of shit, but I'm doing it anyway and hopefully no one will notice."
    Last edited by Methais; 05-20-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It would be nice if Wyrom just put a blanket ban on stealth nerfs and require actual changelogs like pretty much every other game on the planet does.

Stealth nerf just means "I know this change I'm implementing is a steaming pile of shit, but I'm doing it anyway and hopefully no one will notice."
    Yeah, the least they can do is announce it and pretend that it's a buff and/or QOL update.