Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine + mask = the heck is wrong with you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Unless you are wearing a respirator, you know your mask doesn't do much to protect you right? It helps you stop from spreading things to others.

Yup, I have really bad allergies and have to use one when I mow most times in the spring and early fall
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Are you really crying about something that hasn't happened?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

My vaccine helps protect me from you. My mask helps protect you from me.

Early data (CDC website) shows that the vaccine may help reduce the spread / infection from someone with no covid symptoms. Logical, since no symptoms means the infected person isn't coughing and sneezing which limits aerosolizing the virus for others to breathe in. Also logical, but not proven, if a person is symptomatic (coughing and sneezing), then the vaccine is not likely to prevent the spreading of the virus. Studies continue.

At this point I am of the mindset of 'you do you and I'll do me'. I'm vaccinated and happy to ditch the mask. But if I become symptomatic for some reason, I'll put the mask back on in public for a couple weeks. Responsibility goes in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Are you really crying about something that hasn't happened?
    What are you talking about? Plenty of people out there, even pundits on national news stations, saying they don’t trust that someone not wearing a mask is actually vaccinated and they will continue to wear a mask and think states should either keep the mask mandate or require proof from people not wearing masks that they are actually vaccinated.

There is zero excuse anymore for masks or any other restriction. Don’t feel safe outside? Get vaccinated. Shit even my local Target and Sam’s Club are giving away the vaccine for free with no appointment required.

I may not agree with much of anything most of the conservatives here say but I fully agree. The whole thing is mind boggling. I'm seriously the only one of my liberal leaning friends/family members that are completely fine with throwing my mask in the trash now that I'm fully vaccinated. Mask usage hasn't gone up yet cases are down to 1/10th of what they were at the peak 5 months ago, vaccines are to thank not masks. The vaccines work great hence why the CDC felt comfortable adjusting their guidelines. At the end of the day though I think people have gotten use to wearing them and found them as a security blanket. They absolutely help slow down transmission but they aren't anywhere near as effective as any of the vaccines, even the slum J&J vaccine. They were just the best we had to try to continue living life and slowing the spread. I think it'll take a month or two for people to start letting them go.
    Last edited by Tsk Tsk; 05-19-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    ~Player of Inurtia

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    vaccines are to thank not masks.
    Glad to see some reason going on up in here.

At the end of the day though I think people have gotten use to wearing them and found them as a security blanket.
    I'm fine if people want to continue wearing them for whatever reason they may have, it's the people who are still demanding others wear them and even pushing for states to continue enforcing mask policies that drive me crazy. There is no reason for it anymore.

even the slum J&J vaccine.
    Hey hey now I have the J&J vaccine. The efficacy is said to only be around 80% in regards to contracting the virus, but so far it is 100% effective in preventing hospitalizations and death, so that's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Glad to see some reason going on up in here.

I'm fine if people want to continue wearing them for whatever reason they may have, it's the people who are still demanding others wear them and even pushing for states to continue enforcing mask policies that drive me crazy. There is no reason for it anymore.

Hey hey now I have the J&J vaccine. The efficacy is said to only be around 80% in regards to contracting the virus, but so far it is 100% effective in preventing hospitalizations and death, so that's pretty good.
    Oh for sure, it was meant in jest. But I do know two people that were hospitalized from covid that both were fully vaccinated from J&J (husband and wife, also very old) so I'm not sure how accurate the 100% in preventing hospitalizations is. But regardless, yeah I'm definitely alone in my feelings regarding dropping the masks and I can feel the judgement from my pro-mask-till-I-die friends.
    ~Player of Inurtia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    What are you talking about? Plenty of people out there, even pundits on national news stations, saying they don’t trust that someone not wearing a mask is actually vaccinated and they will continue to wear a mask and think states should either keep the mask mandate or require proof from people not wearing masks that they are actually vaccinated.

There is zero excuse anymore for masks or any other restriction. Don’t feel safe outside? Get vaccinated. Shit even my local Target and Sam’s Club are giving away the vaccine for free with no appointment required.
    Businesses requires masks, that's why I still wear mine. There are still people that can't get the vaccine and there are still people who refuse to get the vaccine. We literally have a resident dbag here that's proud he won't get the shot and we are all just sheeple. Herd immunity doesn't happen until like 70+% I think, so we are close but not quite there last I checked.

I think Tsk got it right though, people are just used to it and it's not an inconvenience to most people at this point.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Oh for sure, it was meant in jest. But I do know two people that were hospitalized from covid that both were fully vaccinated from J&J (husband and wife, also very old) so I'm not sure how accurate the 100% in preventing hospitalizations is.
    I just looked it up again, apparently it has been 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths 28 days after receiving the vaccine, so I guess the vaccine keeps building up your immune system or whatever for several weeks after receiving the shot. I got the vaccine about 2 months ago so I should be good, especially if almost half the people in the US have already received at least one dose.

But regardless, yeah I'm definitely alone in my feelings regarding dropping the masks and I can feel the judgement from my pro-mask-till-I-die friends.
    Yeah I have a friend who is like that who is fully vaccinated and he still complains about people not wearing masks. It's time to let it go. The vast majority of people went along with masks and other restrictions for the past year all with the promise we could go back to normal once the vaccine arrived, the vaccine is now here and people still don't want to let people go back to normal.

I may not agree with much of anything most of the conservatives here say but I fully agree. The whole thing is mind boggling. I'm seriously the only one of my liberal leaning friends/family members that are completely fine with throwing my mask in the trash now that I'm fully vaccinated. Mask usage hasn't gone up yet cases are down to 1/10th of what they were at the peak 5 months ago, vaccines are to thank not masks. The vaccines work great hence why the CDC felt comfortable adjusting their guidelines. At the end of the day though I think people have gotten use to wearing them and found them as a security blanket. They absolutely help slow down transmission but they aren't anywhere near as effective as any of the vaccines, even the slum J&J vaccine. They were just the best we had to try to continue living life and slowing the spread. I think it'll take a month or two for people to start letting them go.
    Lol @ security blanket. Because it's true.

It has also become a religion for these same retards, and their meltdowns will only get worse over time.

I can't wait.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible