Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-Cap Rogue Armor Preference

Default Post-Cap Rogue Armor Preference

I've been wearing a metal breastplate ever since I could train to use it, but with all of the changes focused on light armor rogues, I'm curious what rogues in the 25m+ experience range find best as a true end game base. Naijin keeps saying that the most common armor for rogues is brig, but that pretty much just tells me that the average level of all rogues combined is in the 30's. I'm curious what armor people wear at and far beyond cap.

I haven't bothered much with spells, but I've considered trying out doubles or something and upping my spell ranks a considerable amount, I just don't know if the loss of the plate benefits still outweighs the bonuses that they've added in over the last few years for lighter armor. That being said, I don't need to cast to hunt efficiently, so gaining spell ranks would just be for burst and AS/DS/TD spells (120/425).

I appreciate any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    I've been wearing a metal breastplate ever since I could train to use it, but with all of the changes focused on light armor rogues, I'm curious what rogues in the 25m+ experience range find best as a true end game base. Naijin keeps saying that the most common armor for rogues is brig, but that pretty much just tells me that the average level of all rogues combined is in the 30's. I'm curious what armor people wear at and far beyond cap.

I haven't bothered much with spells, but I've considered trying out doubles or something and upping my spell ranks a considerable amount, I just don't know if the loss of the plate benefits still outweighs the bonuses that they've added in over the last few years for lighter armor. That being said, I don't need to cast to hunt efficiently, so gaining spell ranks would just be for burst and AS/DS/TD spells (120/425).

I appreciate any insight.
    i think after naijin's fiddling the roulette ball is going to land on light"ish" armor. he's hell bent on making plate a warrior only think and maybe possibly paladins. its wierd.

My rogue fits into the 25m+ range and wears doubles. I used to have a real fancy set of doubles but sold them as they weren't being used, aka I rarely got hit enough for them to save me. I hunt predominantly in the Scatter (so self spelled) and my TD is 412 and CvA is -22. This is with both T5 ensorcells on my armor and shield. At 202 armor ranks and maxed LAM, I evade a ton, and slippery mind is awesome. My self spelled DS in offensive is ~630, and ~1010 in defensive. Armor is 7x, and I'm at 120/475 for spells. I also have 0 ranks in hiding.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    My rogue fits into the 25m+ range and wears doubles. I used to have a real fancy set of doubles but sold them as they weren't being used, aka I rarely got hit enough for them to save me. I hunt predominantly in the Scatter (so self spelled) and my TD is 412 and CvA is -22. This is with both T5 ensorcells on my armor and shield. At 202 armor ranks and maxed LAM, I evade a ton, and slippery mind is awesome. My self spelled DS in offensive is ~630, and ~1010 in defensive. Armor is 7x, and I'm at 120/475 for spells. I also have 0 ranks in hiding.
    Jesus.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    How do you hunt there?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    How do you hunt there?
    I use a shield and hand crossbow.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

As a former MBP truther, I did a bunch of math on the new Armor Proficiencies for Rogue, and basically found that Brig or Doubles are better until you're into 300-400+ endroll situations.

The extra Dodge DS you get from lighter armors under PSM3 does a lot of work to mitigate the Crit Divisor/DF difference from plate. You get hit less, and when you get hit, it's a lower endroll than in plate, so it takes a pretty nasty hit to realize the benefits of plate's crit divisor.

I am personally going Brig, because the marginal DS / benefits from Doubles aren't worth it to me vs. Brig's extra protection, and you get most of the same upside to Dodge/Evade/etc.

edit: adding my way overanalyzed chart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Atmani; 05-18-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmani View Post
    As a former MBP truther, I did a bunch of math on the new Armor Proficiencies for Rogue, and basically found that Brig or Doubles are better until you're into 300-400+ endroll situations.

The extra Dodge DS you get from lighter armors under PSM3 does a lot of work to mitigate the Crit Divisor/DF difference from plate. You get hit less, and when you get hit, it's a lower endroll than in plate, so it takes a pretty nasty hit to realize the benefits of plate's crit divisor.

I am personally going Brig, because the marginal DS / benefits from Doubles aren't worth it to me vs. Brig's extra protection, and you get most of the same upside to Dodge/Evade/etc.

edit: adding my way overanalyzed chart
    Lol that's pretty cool

I fall into the 25m+ range and generally at this point you'll be 3x dodge and have full self spells at the least. Your DS is high enough that you're really not even getting touched. I've been in brig since I can remember and I'd go down to lighter armor before I'd move up to heavier armor. You can't train off spell hinderance.

Chain class isn't represented for any reason?