Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Choice

1. Default Weapon Choice

I've found my way into a few nifty two-handers. Situationally they all have merits, just looking for an opinion on effectiveness. Numbers below. Ignoring the blessable aspect, and figuring I can aim them all reasonably well in the open (with the claid being 1 second slower), what are the overall impressions? I want to like the claid the most, change my mind?

+22 new style claid with dispel flares:
    According to Whirlin's sheet: Avg raw blood loss - 49, Total blood loss per swing, 83.96, total chance of crit kill 27.28%

+50 perfect maul, T5, 6 cer crit, KO flares:
    According to Whirlin's sheet: Avg raw blood loss - 70, Total blood loss per swing, 99.81, total chance of crit kill 19.63%

+35 perfect mattock, T5, 4 cer crit, KO flares:
    According to Whirlin's sheet: Avg raw blood loss - 64, Total blood loss per swing, 89.94, total chance of crit kill 15.41%

Used ASG 14 just for comparison, higher ASG favors the maul, of course. AvD against plate with the T5 is giving me rolls 20-45 higher with the maul/mattock, which is what is holding me up the most.

I say maul; as AS increases the endroll will result in high enough crit to kill without the claid. Maul is easier to aim and faster. I do like the imagery of a sword better than a maul though
    Last edited by Red; 05-14-2021 at 04:40 PM.

I think the maul is the obvious choice.

IMO claidhs really shine for mutant-ish builds where your AS isn't great and the crits from lower end rolls make a difference.

4. Default

5. Default

Yeah but mauls are just big hammers

Maul - plug in ambush head into Whirlins spreadsheet to see why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maul if yer going with the min/max flavor of the decade.

Maul if ya actually USE ambush.

However, with everything we can add to weapons now ..... it is all minuscule % differences if yer truly tricking it out.

The x10 on the Maul will be the biggest advantage right now. Use it while you use enchant certs from DR on the claid if yer REALLY feeling the claid. And then dispel certs.

AND with those PSM3.0 changes coming, might be best to wait and see which weapon fits the way you play the changes before you really decide.

8. Default

This is totally ruining my confirmation bias.

Claid is kroderine so it’s never changing and dispel is t3 by default, I think.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hamsquatch View Post
    This is totally ruining my confirmation bias.

Claid is kroderine so it’s never changing and dispel is t3 by default, I think.
    It's already been well established on these boards that Claids are highly overrated.

That maul by a mile.

I like bastard swords/axes to double dip on the bonding + transition from OHE/Shield to THW as needed/wanted. As someone said - you can add so many extras to weapons now the difference is negligible (dependent on your funds of course).
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-15-2021 at 11:15 PM.