Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously WTF is going on?

Default Seriously WTF is going on?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pfize...042109513.html

Pushing to vaccinate kids aged 2 to 11??

Some seriously fucked up shit going on. I don't claim to know what is going on, but the statistics don't back it up at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Numbers straight from the CDC.

Data as of 28 APR 2021 - All Deaths age 0-17 from Covid-19: 277

Let me say that again: 277 deaths for anyone from 0-17 during this whole time from Covid - out of a total of 41,811 deaths from all causes during that same time frame.

In that same time frame deaths from Influenza: 179 - and that's with it being a time tested annual vaccine that most get yearly.

Summary: Flu vaccine administered still 179 deaths - No vaccine for Covid-19 277 deaths; yet they want to vaccinate millions of kids with a vaccine which has not had any long term studies done on it.

If you're an adult, especially over 50+ I highly recommend the vaccine. 20+ sure, I can see it - but numbers don't really back it up as much (for personal - still have to be diligent with who you're around). But for kids?

Shit seems shady as fuck to me. Look at the numbers yourself, but it seems extremely suspect.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-05-2021 at 01:59 AM.

And in before the - "but they pass it on blah blah blah" crowd.

Show me the data to support that, because I have yet to find any - and most say there is no real threat of it. Their words, not mine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ience/science- briefs/transmission_k_12_schools.html
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-05-2021 at 02:03 AM.

People are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    People are dumb.
    I get ya, but specifically when it comes to kids it pisses me off. Would be much safer to wait 2 years, allow scientists/doctors to see if any oddities occur because of the vaccine - I don't mean deadly, etc. - but shoot people react all different types of ways to different things.

But I can't think of one good reason to mass vaccinate kids without the data to solidify potential long term effects - especially during their formative years when they are not at risk.

And I can't understand why trained scientists would push for something like that, with the current data available to them. Just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-05-2021 at 02:18 AM.

5. Default

My understanding is children not just dying, (apparently very unlikely) but also suffering from MIS-C when infected by the Rona which looks like it had horrible side effects. I don't think that was a concern with the common flu. To me, those are two different things, but both part of a calculus of how to mitigate that risk.

I would need to talk to my pediatrician about this and make an informed decision then. My understanding is that the current vaccine is a derivative from proven vaccines, so it seems like there is very low risk from what its being made out to be. Is that untrue?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    My understanding is children not just dying, (apparently very unlikely) but also suffering from MIS-C when infected by the Rona which looks like it had horrible side effects. I don't think that was a concern with the common flu. To me, those are two different things, but both part of a calculus of how to mitigate that risk.

I would need to talk to my pediatrician about this and make an informed decision then. My understanding is that the current vaccine is a derivative from proven vaccines, so it seems like there is very low risk from what its being made out to be. Is that untrue?
    Pretty much any illness that drives your body temp. up, can cause any number of side effects.

I would consider maybe using this vaccine.....in 5 years or so.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-05-2021 at 07:43 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post

I'm not a doctor so not sure on the MIS-C honestly. I'll just go with the latest from the CDC:

"CDC continues to investigate multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) associated with COVID-19. Children and adolescents with MIS-C have presented with a persistent fever and a variety of signs and symptoms including involvement of multiple organs (e.g., cardiac, gastrointestinal, renal, hematologic, dermatologic, neurologic) and elevated inflammatory markers. CDC is collaborating with domestic and international partners to better understand this new syndrome, including how common it is and its risk factors."

Here's the kicker though Brielus:

"The risk of complications for healthy children is higher for flu compared to COVID-19. However, infants and children with underlying medical conditions are at increased risk for both flu and COVID-19." and "Young children are at higher risk of severe illness from flu."

"School-aged children infected with COVID-19 are at higher risk of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C), a rare but severe complication of COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu...d%20COVID%2D19.

Those are all from the CDC... so you tell me?

All I know, no long-term study or information is available on potential side effects - for something that has extremely low affects upon children.

I'm not against vaccines either - if they make sense. To me - the numbers don't support pushing vaccinating millions of children.

What's so strange is the data is available... it just never gets presented to people. And how many people will go sift through stuff that is available? Because their own data doesn't support what gets pushed publicly on media or others.

I just support people listening to their personal doctors and making their own informed decisions, because the talking heads are saying all types of shit. Hopefully it's safe for kids and the studies prove it out - but without studies, logically in my mind, it seems odd to promote mass vaccination of children.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-05-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Pushing to vaccinate kids aged 2 to 11??

Some seriously fucked up shit going on. I don't claim to know what is going on, but the statistics don't back it up at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Numbers straight from the CDC.

Data as of 28 APR 2021 - All Deaths age 0-17 from Covid-19: 277

Let me say that again: 277 deaths for anyone from 0-17 during this whole time from Covid - out of a total of 41,811 deaths from all causes during that same time frame.
    Breaking news: Virologists know more about viruses than Shaps does!

It's almost like the young can still contract and spread the disease to vulnerable populations even if they, themselves, don't suffer much from the disease themselves.

Who knew Shaps wasn't a doctor, or capable of rational thought at all? (Everyone who isn't retarded. Oh).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Breaking news: Everyone seems to know more about everything than Shaps does!

It's almost like the young can still contract and spread the disease to vulnerable populations even if they, themselves, don't suffer much from the disease themselves.

Who knew Shaps wasn't a doctor, or capable of rational thought at all? (Everyone who isn't retarded. Oh).
    Fixed
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Breaking news: Virologists know more about viruses than Shaps does!

Breaking news, you are still hydrocephalicly retarded.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie