Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. Cheney

Default Trump vs. Cheney

This is getting interesting.

On Monday morning, Trump issued a statement from his Save America PAC proclaiming that the presidential election “will be, from this day forth, known as THE BIG LIE!” — an attempt to appropriate the label given to the false claim by Trump and his Republican allies that last November's election was in fact won by the former president.

Less than an hour later, Cheney (R-Wyo.), who faces renewed pressure from Trump-aligned forces within the Republican caucus to remove her from House leadership over her direct rebukes of the former president’s falsehoods, swiped back on Twitter.

“The 2020 presidential election was not stolen,” Cheney wrote. “Anyone who claims it was is spreading THE BIG LIE, turning their back on the rule of law, and poisoning our democratic system.”

More...

Not many liberals will shed a tear if Republicans kick Cheney out of the GOP leadership. Ten years ago, she would have been in the top twenty list of liberals' least favorite politicians.

Longer article about Trump/Cheney feud.. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/m...y-vs-maga.html
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

This story has exploded since I first posted about it. Kevin McCarthy "accidentally" got caught on a hot mic saying all that would be required to remove her from a House leadership position would be for somebody to call for a vote.

What will happen if they kick her out? They will have to replace her with another woman, because Republicans are devoted to diversity.

What will Cheney do then? Already, Matt Gaetz has been in Wyoming trying to find somebody to run against her in 2022. It shouldn't be hard to find somebody to run against her now that she has shown great disrespect to Trump by claiming that he is not still the President. She says she may run for President herself in 2024. Will striking her down make her more powerful?

Yet more. Cheney is not flinching. Bravery won't be enough to save someone who stands alone.

Facing removal from party leadership, Rep. Liz Cheney doubled down on Wednesday, saying in a Washington Post op-ed that the GOP is at a "turning point" and calling on Republicans to turn away from former President Donald Trump’s rhetoric, which she argued "can provoke violence again."

More...
    She also called on the party to move away from the "dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality.”
    “There is much at stake now,“ she wrote, “including the ridiculous wokeness of our political rivals, the irrational policies at the border and runaway spending that threatens a return to the catastrophic inflation of the 1970s.”

Do you know what happened to that one guy who refused to salute? Nothing good.

Adam Kinzinger went viral this morning with his Titanic reference.

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) on Sunday compared the Republican Party to the Titanic amid an internal battle over Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and the push to oust her from her leadership position.

When asked about the intraparty conflict by host John Dickerson on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Kinzinger said the GOP is “in the middle of this slow sink.”

“Right now, it's basically the Titanic. We're like, you know, in the middle of this slow sink. We have a band playing on the deck telling everybody it's fine. And meanwhile, as I've said, you know, Donald Trump's running around trying to find women's clothing and get on the first lifeboat,” Kinzger said.

More...

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Yeah, the never Trumpers need to get a clue, the masses are mostly tired of their shit.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Yet more. Cheney is not flinching. Bravery won't be enough to save someone who stands alone.

Do you know what happened to that one guy who refused to salute? Nothing good.

Because it's the Republicans who are on a campaign of insane clown world.

How about missing that jobs prediction by 730,000 jobs though?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Oh.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Cheney just finished speaking on the House floor. The Cheney show is about to be canceled. Same thing happened 71 years ago to another US Senator named Margaret Chase Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Cheney just finished speaking on the House floor. The Cheney show is about to be canceled. Same thing happened 71 years ago to another US Senator named Margaret Chase Smith.

Good for her, standing up on principles that her party once held as sacrosanct. I can see this woman leading a movement of Federalist Republicans to create a third party to stand up to the Trumpers.

She's a showboater... like Romney.

Just do your job and stop with your personal vendetta bullshit.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.