Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How dare they insult an African-American! Heartless bastards.

Blog Entries

I think folks are up in arms against him because of something related to vaccinations and not because of his racial/ethnic background.

In my eyes he can do no wrong because Starlink (AKA Skynet) will be in my area in the summer and I can throw away this garbage Viasat and step up to the early 2000s with his amazeballs Starlink
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I think folks are up in arms against him because of something related to vaccinations and not because of his racial/ethnic background.

In my eyes he can do no wrong because Starlink (AKA Skynet) will be in my area in the summer and I can throw away this garbage Viasat and step up to the early 2000s with his amazeballs Starlink
    I'm also pretty sure he's not anyone's doctor. If people are listening to him for vaccine advice, or to someone like Bill Gates about it (that's shady as all get out btw) - then they have bigger problems.

Listen to your Doctors folks.

And agreed.. that dudes mind is next level. Fact he's actively creating, instead of just theorizing, is monumental. We're getting to watch a historical icon in real time - least my opinion. I wonder if that's how those that knew Einstein, Socrates, etc. felt during their lives.

Edit: That's the sarcasm about this thread - how they're criticizing an African-American, but they don't realize it. And as others posts have shown, how that irony is misinterpreted or redefined.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-03-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I'm also pretty sure he's not anyone's doctor. If people are listening to him for vaccine advice, or to someone like Bill Gates about it (that's shady as all get out btw) - then they have bigger problems.

And agreed.. that dudes mind is next level. Fact he's actively creating, instead of just theorizing, is monumental. We're getting to watch a historical icon in real time - least my opinion. I wonder if that's how those that knew Einstein, Socrates, etc. felt during their lives.
    Agreed he is in a difficult position as someone as wealthy and famous as he is. There is an unreasonable expectation that he has to act in "everyones" best interest. He is in a position/status that does not promote individuality if it makes other people upset. While I may not agree with his particular mindset about vaccines, I also understand he is allowed to have an opinion even if I don't agree with it.

Ultimately everyone is a person and their status should not prevent them from voicing their opinions (unless its pro kid-touching or anti-goats, those are my only hard lines)
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Edit: That's the sarcasm about this thread - how they're criticizing an African-American, but they don't realize it. And as others posts have shown, how that irony is misinterpreted or redefined.
    Yes his ingenuity is pretty insane. He may be one of those folks that pops up in history books.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

***In before the "wah wah" crowd***

Racist: prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

Ethnic: denoting origin by birth or descent rather than by present nationality; relating to national and cultural origins
    The best part of your retarded argument position is that, even if Musk were African-American, you didn't demonstrate how the criticism he faces is racist. Trying to cynically evade criticism based on the notion of race is pretty racist of you, though. But nobody's surprised about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    This is untrue. An "African-American" is an individual from Africa who is now in the US.
    Sure. Except not true, according to the US government. Or dictionaries.

It's almost like your willful ignorance doesn't constitute a reasoned position, and as always, you're both 1) dumb as a bag of rocks, and 2) always pick the absolute stupidest hills to die on. The US government has been using the following definition since 1997, when the term entered the government's vernacular as the result of an interagency committee led by the Office of Management and Budget, which set the same standard used by all government agencies today:

Quote Originally Posted by OMB, Census Bureau, et cetera
    Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...f/97-28653.pdf
    https://www.census.gov/topics/popula...ace/about.html

Like most ideologues they leave out parts that blow their "ideals" up:

https://www.census.gov/topics/popula...%20of%20Africa.

"The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups."

Stop being racist.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-03-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Your own quote includes the part about the government using the term as socially defined, or in other words, descriptive versus prescriptive, which again, reflects common usage in America. Which pertains to Black Americans. Thanks for 1) doubling down on the racism (which is of surprise to no one), 2) demonstrating that you couldn't establish how criticism of Musk would be racist even if he were African-American.

In other words..

Last edited by Ashliana; 05-03-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Anyone else astounded by the ignorance of someone so beholden to their perception of reality, that even when something is highlighted for them they still ignore it.

Said people need to go back to the hole that was created for them.

"Words are hard!" - Shaps

Also, # of Shaps' consecutive failures to establish how criticism of Musk was racist, even if he were African-American: 2
    Last edited by Ashliana; 05-03-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I could have linked multiple sources, that was the first one. Doesn’t change the fact.

African-Americans come from the enslaved black people that were brought here from Africa.

My American friend who is white, who came from South Africa, would never claim she’s African-American. She would said I’m South African, or from South Africa.
    Which is the root of much division in America and completely shits on Martin Luther King Jr. concept of character not color. Hyphenated Americans is an abomination and against what America has stood for and needs to go.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie