Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating women!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They've executed people for witchcraft for feeding birds.
    Yeah lots of crazy stuff associated with the witchcraft accusation. My favorite was always the old throw em in the pond trick. If they sink, they were innocent.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Yeah lots of crazy stuff associated with the witchcraft accusation. My favorite was always the old throw em in the pond trick. If they sink, they were innocent.
    They were lucky if they got that. The word of an 8 year old was good enough most of the time. Of course, they'd just torture the accused until they confessed.

The Inquisition was all about the expulsion of Muslims, Jews, and then the seizure of land. In places where the land of the condemned didn't go to the Church and/or State, accusations and executions were low-to-non existant.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Native American Woman, you fucking racist misogynist.

They were lucky if they got that. The word of an 8 year old was good enough most of the time. Of course, they'd just torture the accused until they confessed.

The Inquisition was all about the expulsion of Muslims, Jews, and then the seizure of land. In places where the land of the condemned didn't go to the Church and/or State, accusations and executions were low-to-non existant.
    Except in the US where in Salem, it was all about a land grab from widowed women pure and simple, had nothing to do with religion, everything to do about how many men had died and the estate went to the women and the fact the women mostly lived on one side of the town. I don't know what percentage went to the state but it wasn't 50% but a lot did go to male family members of one kind or another.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 05-06-2021 at 10:38 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Except in the US where in Salem, it was all about a land grab from widowed women pure and simple, had nothing to do with religion, everything to do about how many men had died and the estate went to the women and the fact the women mostly lived on one side of the town. I don't know what percentage went to the state but it wasn't 50% but a lot did go to mail family members of one kind or another.
    Wow, I wonder what the shipping fees were to mail land like that
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Lilith was a free and independent woman or something like that?

And God was like, nah bitch. Then made Eve or something.
    She had an affair with a Nephilim behind Adams back....

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Yeah, in Jewish weddings, the, ummm, glass ... wine glass or other glassy object is stomped on to keep (The?) Lillith away. And then, also, I think for the bits and pieces of "True Blood" that I watched, Lilith was like the first vampire or something.

A++ post, fantastic read, will do business again.
    After "Gods" punishment, Lilith vowed that she would tear apart Adam and Eves marriage.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Sacagawea.

When two white guys were like "No! We're not lost! We're not gonna ask for directions!" this American Indian chick was like "Bitches please! I'll show you around and translate for you on your thousand plus mile journey." All while caring for a newborn baby.
    She also saved the life of one of the two. One of them had a serious infection and the indians in that area used hot springs for medicinal purposes that had high sulphur content that she lead them to.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Wow, I wonder what the shipping fees were to mail land like that
    Not much because a land title was only a few pages and first class postage was pretty cheap in 1692.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Except in the US where in Salem, it was all about a land grab from widowed women pure and simple, had nothing to do with religion, everything to do about how many men had died and the estate went to the women and the fact the women mostly lived on one side of the town. I don't know what percentage went to the state but it wasn't 50% but a lot did go to male family members of one kind or another.
    You missed the part of my statement where I said it was purely about property seizure it seems.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam