Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: training thoughts for cap and beyond

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Well, you're missing out on the single best ability available to monks if you're not using 1213...

Monks have so much dodge DS that the ASG from 1202 is all but irrelevant. Fifteen ranks for chain equivalent is more than enough.

That being said, the calculus might change a bit when Naijin's done obliquely nerfing 1213 by moving the LAM bonus to 1202. But still, I'd rather have the stamina reduction over CvA.

I'm just about all-in on telepathy, though really a 50/50 transformation/telepathy split is pretty good. You'll see a reduction in stamina costs at 15, 30, 50, 70, and 100 ranks of telepathy.

This is where I'm at with around 23.6m exp and 3m ascension. I have +10 telepathy on my badge and the rest is ascension ranks.

Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 309 209
    Armor Use..........................| 170 70
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 302 202
    Blunt Weapons......................| 15 3
    Ranged Weapons.....................| 355 255
    Thrown Weapons.....................| 2 0
    Brawling...........................| 314 214
    Ambush.............................| 300 200
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 290 190
    Physical Fitness...................| 407 307
    Dodging............................| 405 305
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 90 20
    Magic Item Use.....................| 134 37
    Harness Power......................| 201 101
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 54 11
    Mental Mana Control................| 200 100
    Spirit Mana Control................| 54 11
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 5 1
    Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 5 1
    Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 200 100
    Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 70 15
    Survival...........................| 201 101
    Disarming Traps....................| 10 2
    Perception.........................| 302 202
    Climbing...........................| 207 107
    Swimming...........................| 300 200
    First Aid..........................| 201 101
    Trading............................| 213 113

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Minor Mental.......................| 68

If I had your training, my goals would be (in this order): at least 30 telepathy (50 is better), 303 dodging, 20 MnS ranks, 190 MOC, 100 HP, 50 TWC, 48 MnM ranks (or more)
    I had been voln so all my stamina was being used for Mstrikes and I wasn't having any problems. I just switched to GoS because I want to play in warcamps and do those tasks which are more fun and change of pace so I have a feeling I will really be jonesing for stamina reduction so I will take this into account! I will bump down Trans to 15 and get telepathy up to 30 IF I can cap out or close to cap dodge otherwise I will get as much telepathy as I can get from removing the transformation lore

oh and probably stupid question but why so much in MnM ranks, purely for the CS?
    Last edited by Orthin; 05-11-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I had been voln so all my stamina was being used for Mstrikes and I wasn't having any problems. I just switched to GoS because I want to play in warcamps and do those tasks which are more fun and change of pace so I have a feeling I will really be jonesing for stamina reduction so I will take this into account! I will bump down Trans to 15 and get telepathy up to 30 IF I can cap out or close to cap dodge otherwise I will get as much telepathy as I can get from removing the transformation lore

oh and probably stupid question but why so much in MnM ranks, purely for the CS?
    Oh, I didn't notice before you're only at 2x PF. You'll want to get that up to 3x as well, but probably after you finish dodge (and probably before 190 MOC).

With 1213 up, PF maxed, and (ideally) stamina recovery maxed, you can pretty much use focused mstrike for the majority of your attacks. It makes a huge difference in how quickly you can kill shit, since a 5 or 6 shot focused strike will kill most things readily. It also takes a lot of the work out of tiering up.

As for the MnM ranks, yes purely for TD. You max out the benefits to 1208 at 48 MnM ranks, but I use 1219 all the damn time so I want the best warding margins I can get. Don't know what I'll do when they get around to nerfing MnM TDs, but hopefully it'll be a while before they get around to fucking monks over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Oh, I didn't notice before you're only at 2x PF. You'll want to get that up to 3x as well, but probably after you finish dodge (and probably before 190 MOC).

With 1213 up, PF maxed, and (ideally) stamina recovery maxed, you can pretty much use focused mstrike for the majority of your attacks. It makes a huge difference in how quickly you can kill shit, since a 5 or 6 shot focused strike will kill most things readily. It also takes a lot of the work out of tiering up.

As for the MnM ranks, yes purely for TD. You max out the benefits to 1208 at 48 MnM ranks, but I use 1219 all the damn time so I want the best warding margins I can get. Don't know what I'll do when they get around to nerfing MnM TDs, but hopefully it'll be a while before they get around to fucking monks over.
    Ha excellent! I sent you a PM (sorry!) but did some major tweaking and have a solid plan to move forward with this dude for millions of EXP to come. Thank you kindly!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric