Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ensorcell at 691 difficulty

Can you do 841? If so, I have silvers in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Macillus View Post
    There is a script! Use ;resource bonus to figure out your character's ability.

In this case, it's T3 at 791, and each tier of ensorcell is +50 to difficulty so the difficulty number to meet is:

791+50=841

Character's bonus + d100 >= 841 for success
    Awesome, thank ya

Helsfeld pantsed me. I thought I had the best katar splitters in the game. Nope. Someone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by tash View Post
    Can you do 841? If so, I have silvers in my pocket.
    Yes, I can - but currently booked for a few more weeks. I'll hit you up on discord.

If anyone is interested in how the math works:

My full mutant DE sorc with near-max enhancives and some ascension has an bonus of 860.
    Current T3 = 791

T4 = 841 (791+50)
    In this case sorc's bonus of 860 is greater than the difficulty of 841, so he has 99% chance of success.

T5 = 891 (841+50)
    Here, the difficulty exceeds the sorc's bonus by 31, which means you need to roll at least 31 on the d100 for a successful cast (or a 69% chance of success, dudes!)

Sounds good. I put my discord in the selling in post. If you want, PM me, and I will refresh it there for you.

A guy I have done a transaction with in the past smelled something off about this difficulty rating. I got confirmation that it seems high, and have bug reported. Thanks Maciillus.

Hey dude!

Based on my knowledge of the current difficulty system, I think something is off with your item.

-256 for +50 enchant
    -150 for T3 ensorcell
    -200 for splitting weapon
    +15 for mithglin
    ------------------

Should be -591, but loresings as -791. I can't figure out where the extra -200 is coming from. Details below:

ANALYZE
    You analyze your mithglin katar and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "There do not seem to be any specific limitations."

You can tell that the katar is as light as it can get.

INSPECT
    After a careful inspection you determine that a double-edged mithglin katar requires skill in brawling and one-handed edged weapons to use effectively.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of mithglin.

EXAMINE
    The straight double-edged blades of this katar have been sharpened to a keen edge. The handle of the weapon has been tightly wrapped with leather to provide extra grip. The crosspiece connecting blade to handle is adorned with a tiny silver skull. Etched along the blade is the wording "stab-stab-stab". There is a groove down the center of the weapon, bisecting it into two halves.

You also notice a small enchanter's glyph. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the katar. A strange necrotic haze radiates from the katar.

LORESONG
    1. As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithglin katar in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the katar is the weight, which is about 2 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 13,450,000 silvers. You can also tell that the mithglin katar is predominantly crafted of mithglin.

Though you don't yet have a full understanding of the katar's qualities, you get the impression it would be a sophisticated project (791 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

2. As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithglin katar in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic shrouded with a haze of necrosis around the mithglin katar. You sense that this is some type of holy item. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the katar is as some type of weapon.

3. As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithglin katar in your hand...

It has a bonus of +50 from a normal katar, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in brawling and one-handed edged weapons to use effectively. It also has many more uses of some kind of special ability.

4. As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithglin katar in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the katar has been temporarily blessed to help fight the undead.
    The mithglin katar resonates with your voice, indicating that it may be enchanted up to a bonus of 50 by a wizard and was last enchanted by Cimmorina.
    A strange necrotic haze sours your melody slightly, indicating that Avaldur has infused the katar with the third tier of permanent Ensorcellment.
    The katar has been bound to Cyral via Weapon Bonding.

Cheers,
    Macillus

Quote Originally Posted by Macillus View Post
    Yes, I can - but currently booked for a few more weeks. I'll hit you up on discord.

If anyone is interested in how the math works:

My full mutant DE sorc with near-max enhancives and some ascension has an bonus of 860.
    Current T3 = 791

T4 = 841 (791+50)
    In this case sorc's bonus of 860 is greater than the difficulty of 841, so he has 99% chance of success.

T5 = 891 (841+50)
    Here, the difficulty exceeds the sorc's bonus by 31, which means you need to roll at least 31 on the d100 for a successful cast (or a 69% chance of success, dudes!)

The formula that works for me is you take the bard song difficulty and +99 since if starts out at a failure then another +50 for sorcerers and only around +1-12 for wizards to get to the greatest chance of success on the cast. So this at a bard song 791 you would add 149 and need a sorcerer with around 940 bonus to be at the best chance for success on the T4

The roll from the cast is an open roll and it wont add to your bonus unless it is higher than 100 but it also has the chance to fumble.

The 200 could be the fact that it's bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    The 200 could be the fact that it's bound?
    I don't think so. While a paladin bond *does* add to the ensorcell difficulty (-100), a warrior bond does not. tash put in an assist, as we can't find any other reason for a -200.

Sent again as BUGITEM vs bug other. No response on the latter. Will update when I hear more. It is a warrior bond, not a paladin bond.