Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This isn't politics - Better pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is business. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Just like Kranar could pop back in here and stop you from spamming 35646435 threads about whatever article you come across every day.
    These forums don't control the majority of communications in this world.

And ouch, you trying to be all edgy all of a sudden? Didn't think you were so passive aggressive.

Blog Entries

You don't think a business should beable to control what happens on their platform? You think the Government should control it all? Sounds like communism to me.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You don't think a business should beable to control what happens on their platform? You think the Government should control it all? Sounds like communism to me.
    Actually what the YouTube CEO said they are doing is, but you must have woke up and been on your "I'm just going to be right no matter how shallow an analysis it is" kick today.

I said - if the business remains a "public forum" they should retain their 230 protections.

If they are not, and are going to censor content based on their personal beliefs and not on the basis of the First Amendment, then they should lose their 230 protections.

That is not communism. That is ensuring a company doesn't stifle your, mine, or anyone else right to freely express ideas, while still earning government benefits from censoring you.

Drink your coffee Gelston and wake up this morning. Your better than this shallow drivel you're spouting.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-19-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Actually what the YouTube CEO said they are doing is, but you must have woke up and been on your "I'm just going to be right no matter how shallow an analysis it is" kick today.

I said - if the business remains a "public forum" they should retain their 230 protections.

If they are not, and are going to censor content based on their personal beliefs and not on the basis of the First Amendment, then they should lose their 230 protections.

That is not communism. That is ensuring a company doesn't stifle your, mine, or anyone else right to freely express ideas, while still earning government benefits from censoring you.

Drink your coffee Gelston and wake up this morning. Your better than this shallow drivel you're spouting this morning.
    Nope. I amin favor of as little Government control as possible. You want more. I don't know how to explain this to you in any simpler terms.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-19-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Nope. I amin favor of as little Government control as possible. You want more. I don't know how to explain this to you in any simpler terms.
    You can't be that ignorant. Maybe you are though. Never thought that before with things you've said, but that is by far the stupidest analysis of a situation you've ever given.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-19-2021 at 11:45 AM.

I'm not being hypocritical at all. I don't think social media sites should censor anyone - unless they specifically are stating something that is already against established law.

Amazon (with AWS); Google (with their Cloud services); Twitter (read any "news" article these days- all they do is link Twitter posts); Microsoft (and all of their control of many systems); Apple (and all of their control of many systems); etc. are no longer just "private businesses".

They are the mechanism and services that the majority of the world, through personal, business, and government work is processed.

The owners of those companies determining the discourse allowed on those platforms - outside of what we consider protected speech under the 1st Amendment - is broken at this point.

If they are going to edit their content - then 230 protections should not apply.

If they want to remain a "public forum" and not censor content - then 230 protections should remain in place.

I don't think the CEO of YouTube, which is owned by Google, should determine what you, I, or anyone else says on their platform - so long as we are within the law with regards to the 1st Amendment. That is not what they are doing. To think otherwise is to be ignorant.
    You're literally a broken record on this topic. The private sector dictates the terms and conditions of the use of its service, including the ability to moderate violent and objectionable material, if you don't like it you're free to use any one of hundreds of competing platforms. Most of them have the same standards, so good luck.

What you and your conspiracy theorist cronies want is unfettered access to the massive subscriber base of YouTube, for the hope of monetizing your hate speech and tinfoil had causes. This is a pipe dream and instead of spamming all of us with your alt squad, why don't you apply your energy to making a sympathetic content hosting service the next YouTube. You can call it WhiteTube or FreedomForum and you and all of your buddies can bask in your echo chamber all day long.

Blog Entries

You can't be that ignorant. Maybe you are though. Never thought that before with things you've said, but that is by far the stupidest analysis of a situation you've ever given.
    ok boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    They decide what is acceptable on their platform, seems about right to me. They aren't the gov't, you don't have free speech on their platform.
    "Just build your own multibillion dollar company!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Just pull yourself up by the bootstraps and do it.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    They didn't start as multibillion dollar companies. Maybe the MyPillow guy will invest if you decide to start something.