Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Authoritarianism

Blog Entries

It grows more defunct every day.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

The last time someone seriously tried to expand the court was FDR back in the 1930s. It got nowhere back then, and I doubt it'll get anywhere this time, especially with the ridiculously slim majority the Dems have. And I doubt most of the Dems want to expand the court anyway.
    Last edited by Kyulen; 04-14-2021 at 11:09 PM.
    I'm one of those few weirdos who doesn't use Lich.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My 8values political quiz results

I am autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyulen View Post
    The last time someone seriously tried to expand the court was FDR back in the 1930s. It got nowhere back then, and I doubt it'll get anywhere this time, especially with the ridiculously slim majority the Dems have. And I doubt most of the Dems want to expand the court anyway.
    Can you point to specific members of Congress that don't want to expand the Court? The only one I have heard is Joe Manchin.. and he doesn't really count as a Democrat these days.

Both Democrat leaders in Congress have said they are for it.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Can you point to specific members of Congress that don't want to expand the Court? The only one I have heard is Joe Manchin.. and he doesn't really count as a Democrat these days.

Both Democrat leaders in Congress have said they are for it.
    Without Manchin, they aren't expanding the court, period. Unless they pull over a Republican.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kyulen View Post
    This is right. FDR attempted to pack the court with justices that agreed with his "New Deal" since the current justices deemed it unconstitutional. Increasing the justices on the court sets an extremely dangerous precedent since the next Republican President that controls both Chambers of Congress can further increase the court count as well. Honestly this is beginning to border on madness.

Given how tight the numbers are, I am surprised that the left would force their members hands in a vote with this, since outside of DC there does not seem a lot of support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Given how tight the numbers are, I am surprised that the left would force their members hands in a vote with this, since outside of DC there does not seem a lot of support for it.
    You think they care?

This issue doesn't work in a vacuum. Everything they're doing feeds off each other. If you try to fight it, they just call your racist, sexist, misogynist, or whatever other term.

They've succeeded in suppressing peoples ability to actually have a discourse, or an alternative view. If you do, you get doxxed by main stream media, the tech companies, or rioters. They've set the conditions for them to attempt half the shit they're doing now.

And if they do this, their calculus is that the American people won't do a damn thing. And they wouldn't be wrong. Because if someone were to do what would have to be done... they would get called a traitor. Regardless if it were the right thing to do.

Can only hope Congress holds up for another 18 months and can make it to the elections to get these imbeciles out of office.

It's why they're pushing so hard on literally everything right now. They had all this shit already written up and ready to go. You ever seen this many thousands of pages of proposals submitted this fast? Hell they haven't even filled half the cabinet positions https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...illed-n1263695 , but somehow Government is suddenly moving at warp speed with all this legislation? Please.

Also... Really think about that. Over 3 months and some of the most high profile, important positions in Government haven't even had a name submitted for it. Just some examples: Food and Drug Administration, Customs and Border Protection and the Office of Management and Budget.

They don't want these divisions running smoothly, or someone who is put in by the administration having to answer actual questions or be held accountable.

To be fair, Trump hadn't submitted to many by this point either. He was an idiot for sure when it came to that process. But you'd think a guy who's been in government for 50+ years like Biden would have a better grasp. Especially for the larger positions.

Even worse though, it's not Biden running the show. I've said more than once it's elder abuse what they're doing to the guy, but hell.. what are we supposed to think?
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-15-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Also... Really think about that. Over 3 months and some of the most high profile, important positions in Government haven't even had a name submitted for it. Just some examples: Food and Drug Administration, Customs and Border Protection and the Office of Management and Budget.

They don't want these divisions running smoothly, or someone who is put in by the administration having to answer actual questions or be held accountable.

To be fair, Trump hadn't submitted to many by this point either. He was an idiot for sure when it came to that process. But you'd think a guy who's been in government for 50+ years like Biden would have a better grasp. Especially for the larger positions.

Even worse though, it's not Biden running the show. I've said more than once it's elder abuse what they're doing to the guy, but hell.. what are we supposed to think?
    To be fair, just because someone isn't in a politically appoint slot, doesn't mean the job isn't being performed. The current acting commissioner of the CBP is very, very well qualified for the job, and every job has a non-appointed deputy that worked their way up to the position that probably runs it all anyways.

Judge appointments are the most important thing for a President to fill.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam