Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Authoritarianism

My point was more I am surprised that they would force vulnerable members of congress to have to go on record, it does not seem like a good idea if you want to keep control of congress. But a lot of the things they are doing do not seem like a good idea, maybe they are simply thinking they have this two years and that is it. Seems a pretty foolish mindset.

To be fair... the Democrats didn't really roll out their best members to present this.

You had the guy who honestly thought islands can capsize if there are too many people on it.

Then you had the tiny little troll who sharted himself on tv:

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    My point was more I am surprised that they would force vulnerable members of congress to have to go on record, it does not seem like a good idea if you want to keep control of congress. But a lot of the things they are doing do not seem like a good idea, maybe they are simply thinking they have this two years and that is it. Seems a pretty foolish mindset.
    2022 is shaping up to be a bloodbath.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    To be fair, just because someone isn't in a politically appoint slot, doesn't mean the job isn't being performed. The current acting commissioner of the CBP is very, very well qualified for the job, and every job has a non-appointed deputy that worked their way up to the position that probably runs it all anyways.

Judge appointments are the most important thing for a President to fill.
    And guess who appointed 3 to the Supreme Court!

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And guess who appointed 3 to the Supreme Court!

I’m talking about all the federal slots. Filling those should be further up the list than the heads of agencies and sub agencies. I saw a stat that said about 1/4th of all current Federal Judges are Trump appointees.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-15-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I’m talking about all the federal slots. Filling those should be further up the list than the heads of agencies and sub agencies. I saw a stat that said about 1/4th of all current Federal Judges are Trump appointees.
    There are some in DC that are actually smart and recognized that they will not always be in power and the judiciary is the best check on radical leftism. Trump's true legacy will be all of the judicial positions that were filled in his tenure.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/democratic...151700755.html

"Markey, standing with his fellow Democrats on the Supreme Court steps, argued that Congress “must expand the court and we must abolish the filibuster to do it,” though Democrats currently lack the support in their own party for that move."

See? To help you.. the American people.. we need to get rid of anything that requires us as elected leaders to compromise. We need this power to make things better for you. It's not that over half of you don't want it, it's that our half does.. and our half knows best. So, in order to do what's best, we're going to do away with what's required for compromise.

Trust us! We know what's best!

Edit: Another good one - "Speaker Pelosi is a very good judge of events and of history, and I believe as events unfold, as the Court comes down with decisions destructive to a woman's right to choose, as they come down with decisions destructive to the climate, as they come down ... with decisions destructive of civil liberties, I believe that Speaker Pelosi and others will come along," Nadler said."

Perhaps people have forgotten, which I actually hate how one even considers the "political leaning" of a Judge, I find it reprehensible from a philosophical perspective (though I understand the reality) - Judges are supposed to be APOLITICAL. Regardless of their personal beliefs, once they are appointed to the bench, they are only supposed to apply the law as is it written, and resolve disputes based upon the laws which our elected representatives have passed. It's the LEGISLATURES job to write good law, and to pass that law with a CONSENSUS vote to ensure effective laws are enacted.

I seriously hate how it's been twisted - by both sides.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-15-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/democratic...151700755.html

"Markey, standing with his fellow Democrats on the Supreme Court steps, argued that Congress “must expand the court and we must abolish the filibuster to do it,” though Democrats currently lack the support in their own party for that move."

See? To help you.. the American people.. we need to get rid of anything that requires us as elected leaders to compromise. We need this power to make things better for you. It's not that over half of you don't want it, it's that our half does.. and our half knows best. So, in order to do what's best, we're going to do away with what's required for compromise.

Trust us! We know what's best!
    The filibuster is an invention of the last century and just as easily as it was enacted, it can be done away with. The Constitution has absolutely nothing about compromise and pretending that suddenly bipartisan cooperation is necessary goes right in the face of the reality of Congressional history. I hope the filibuster dies, what comes will come as a result, but to stymie any legislative progress because a senator threatens to filibuster is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The filibuster is an invention of the last century and just as easily as it was enacted, it can be done away with. The Constitution has absolutely nothing about compromise and pretending that suddenly bipartisan cooperation is necessary goes right in the face of the reality of Congressional history. I hope the filibuster dies, what comes will come as a result, but to stymie any legislative progress because a senator threatens to filibuster is stupid.
    The Senate is supposed to be a slow legislative process. It was intended to be that way.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

You know this shit is batshit crazy when even Pelosi won't bring it to the House floor for a vote. You know, the same shit Democrats spent the last 4+ years bitching about McConnell doing in the Senate.