Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Authoritarianism

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The filibuster is an invention of the last century and just as easily as it was enacted, it can be done away with. The Constitution has absolutely nothing about compromise and pretending that suddenly bipartisan cooperation is necessary goes right in the face of the reality of Congressional history. I hope the filibuster dies, what comes will come as a result, but to stymie any legislative progress because a senator threatens to filibuster is stupid.
    So can we go back to governors appointing state senators like back in the old days?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So can we go back to governors appointing state senators like back in the old days?
    Start lobbying your representative.

As I figured, it's going nowhere.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...t-to-the-floor
    I'm one of those few weirdos who doesn't use Lich.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My 8values political quiz results

I am autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyulen View Post
    Fingers crossed.

I'll give Pelosi credit if she sticks to it. One the rare times, but hopefully even she sees the insanity of such a move.

Good news. Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Fingers crossed.

I'll give Pelosi credit if she sticks to it. One the rare times, but hopefully even she sees the insanity of such a move.

She is a lot of things but politically inept it not one. She knows she is in trouble, deep trouble and even getting a vote on this would be the death knell for Dem control of the house, likely the Senate and POTUS for a good while. As it is, I see a bloodbath in the house, probably a significant flip in the Senate and Harris/Biden being a lame duck for 2 years with the house and senate overiding veto after veto and hopefully an impeachment or 2.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    She is a lot of things but politically inept it not one. She knows she is in trouble, deep trouble and even getting a vote on this would be the death knell for Dem control of the house, likely the Senate and POTUS for a good while. As it is, I see a bloodbath in the house, probably a significant flip in the Senate and Harris/Biden being a lame duck for 2 years with the house and senate overiding veto after veto and hopefully an impeachment or 2.
    lmao

Blog Entries

"Russian bounties on American soldiers"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Fingers crossed.

Pelosi has already stated she is for court packing. She just sees the 2022 election cycle and knows this has no chance of passing.. so why would she want to bring this legislation to a vote if she has way too many members who are in susceptible districts and forcing them to vote yes on a bill that has zero chance to pass in the Senate?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Pelosi has already stated she is for court packing. She just sees the 2022 election cycle and knows this has no chance of passing.. so why would she want to bring this legislation to a vote if she has way too many members who are in susceptible districts and forcing them to vote yes on a bill that has zero chance to pass in the Senate?
    It is all about political capital and I doubt it'll advance, as much as I'd like to see it. My hope is Manchin loses office before 2022,that'd be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    It is all about political capital and I doubt it'll advance, as much as I'd like to see it.
    Why would you like to see it... because it's a 6-3 conservative court, which was put in place by following the rule of law?

Sounds like you are just a poor sport.

My hope is Manchin loses office before 2022,that'd be a dream.
    So, you are hoping something so horrific happens to him that he has to at best, leave prior to his term expiring or worst, he dies in office in office.. given he isn't up for re-election until 2022.

Awesome. That's some Keller level type shit right there.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.