Thread: Returning need some help

Default Returning need some help

I've been gone many years, I can't seem to find anything to hunt without getting destroyed i'm a newishly capped rogue. I'm will to change skills and what not to actually be able to do something without dying everytime i turn around.

***** (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 165 65
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 307 207
    Brawling...........................| 302 202
    Ambush.............................| 90 20
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 160 60
    Physical Fitness...................| 302 202
    Dodging............................| 302 202
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
    Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25
    Harness Power......................| 120 30
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 70 15
    Disarming Traps....................| 403 303
    Picking Locks......................| 403 303
    Perception.........................| 403 303
    Climbing...........................| 140 40
    Swimming...........................| 140 40

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 5

Ok just my .02 but if you want to be a stand in the open brawler you should be a monk, warrior, or wizard. As you are likely aware, ambushing from hiding has a large crit modifier but you are not taking advantage of that. Add in that you do not have enough armor to be in metal breastplate and it is a double whammy, unless you are utilizing light armor mastery, I did not notice.

I went LAM with my rogue and frankly I am still not sure if I like it over breastplate. He is a lot more squishy when caught in the open.

I have to resist the temptation to be all things on my rogue since they can be good at so many things. Right now he is 91 and about 2.4 on picking skills and can still hide and ambush with TWC pretty well. I thought very hard about switching him to UAC as I have an 88 UAC wizard I love to hunt but lockering 2 7X perfect short swords would hurt a lot.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If you want to stick with UAC then I would highly suggest doing it from hiding. It's very effective and quick to kill. hide, aim head, punch, loot. If you do this you'll want to 2x hiding and ambush. I would drop pick and disarm to 2.5x and you would still be able to pick 99% everything you find. If you have the 25 ranks of Arcane Symbols for scarabs you can drop all of those. I believe it's effect on scarab disarming is highly over estimated and you definitely don't need it with that much disarm. Drop perception to 2x to get more TPs. If you have more TPs available you could raise picking to 2.7x and be able to pick 100% instead of 99% of boxes.

If you don't want to make these sacrifices you could try switching to ranged and fire from the open. Personally, I love UAC. You bypass the entire evade/block/parry system, you never have to worry about disarm and it's very hard hitting for it's RT.