Thread: Derp, what is this all about?!

Default Derp, what is this all about?!

I clearly don't play my wizard often enough... I recently started actually hunting with him again (after about two years of non-hunting), and have noticed two things that I've not seen before, either on him or any other characters...

1) "Blustery elemental energy energizes you." <-- after successful bolts (minor steam)... have no idea what this messaging does, because it's very random. Any ideas?

2) Bolt AS starting 'low', and going up 3 points on each successive hit... wth is that all about? I'm fairly certain I've *never* seen AS increase incrementally like that, but then again, I mostly play melee characters, so maybe that's always been a Bolt AS thing?!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

#1 is the fire lore benefit from 425.
    #2 is the fire lore benefit from 513.

For #1 lf you are attuned and cast a bolt of the same element shortly after you get that message it will bump up the crit.

For #2 It'll keep going up per cast, to max at+25, if you stay on the same target (and it's alive)
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 04-07-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Grammar mumbojumbo
    Discord = Teror#3966

Quote Originally Posted by bluecenterlight View Post
    #1 is the fire lore benefit from 425.
    #2 is the fire lore benefit from 513.

For #1 lf you are attuned and cast a bolt of the same element shortly after you get that message it will bump up the crit.

For #2 It'll keep going up per cast, to max at+25, if you stay on the same target (and it's alive)
    HA! That's why I've never seen it before... just picked up 20 ranks of EL:Fire for steam bolt, so it's all really new to me. Very nice!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

And the 513 jumps get higher per cast the more fire lore you have (for example, you're 2 ranks away from the next threshold -- it would go up 4 per shot instead at that point).

Since the update to fire lore that has it impact all bolt DF's, not just fire, it's made it much more difficult for me to justify going any other path. I mean 50 into Air is tempting for 506/515/535, but I just can't seem to sell myself on it. I'm hoping Ascension provides further delineation via Lores.
    Discord = Teror#3966