Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inventory Item Management

Default Inventory Item Management

I've been back for over a year now and one of the biggest time sinks and fun detractors from the game is managing my items. Lockers overflowing with items that have been accumulated from DR, other events, drops, merchants, tables, etc are starting to get overwhelming.

I have Prem lockers, bought a PlayerShop, use the iteminfo & invdb script, have spreadsheets all over the place, and have even had to level a bard up to sing to things so I can sort through it all.

Does anyone have any best practices or tips they would share on managing their treasure hoarding? It'd be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 04-06-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    Discord = Teror#3966

Two suggestions, both which you're probably already doing:

1) Lockers: make each locker a specific "category"... for instance, your Mist Harbor locker is the locker that you want to hold all the items you always want to have access to, from anywhere. Far-away lockers, for keepsake items that you don't care about easy access to. Closer lockers, items that you're hoarding for later usage. Locker in your current town, for items that you're actively selling, if any.

2) Pack mule characters: make use of that premium account, and create characters (also, F2P characters!), to hold specific sets of things... a weapon/armor/shield mule, a fashionista mule, a mule for items that you're working on selling, a mule for items for future CHE/MHO raffles, a mule for project items, etc.

Also, remember that spreadsheets can have seperate tabs... so you can have one spreadsheet per character, with seperate tabs per locker, or you could have one huge spreadsheet with a tab per character.

(And, if that isn't enough, there's always the idea of having your own little wiki-flavored, self-hosted, local website. If you go that way, I'd suggest DokuWiki "on a stick".)
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Whatever you're needing to do, there's probably a Lich script for it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

#2 Specific Mule sets is what I'm missing. Thank you for the suggestion!

As for lich, I could be more organized with the iteminfo script for sure, but it's a bit limited for full item desc's and not cross char. (Super useful on alts to remember the gear I slap on 'em though). There may well be a script I'm not using, the repo is huge.

Something like the baby of iteminfo and invdb would be useful, track all items across all chars and save inputted info for each item.
    Discord = Teror#3966

This game generates a ton of useless crap. Other than the suggestions mentioned already, you have to be diligent about not holding on to stuff you know you're not likely to ever need, ever use, or ever sell for much profit. If you've got random 4x stuff, why are you holding on to it? If you've got random stuff from games from different festivals, just throw it away.

I've got 1 non premium account, so only 1 locker per character. In my locker, I keep items I'm going to use for that character only. I then have 3 FTP Mules:
    1 for gem hoarding
    1 for consumable items like simucoin stuff, gold rings, imbeds that come in handy, etc.
    1 for items I either plan to sell or are nice enough that I "might" like use in the future. But the items I plan to sell are significant enough that I could make a decent return on. They're not random crap that's going to sell for less than 100k. Some of it might sell for less than that because I either misjudged the value or the market is soft, but it's not crap to be sure.
    Last edited by Viekn; 04-06-2021 at 08:16 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bluecenterlight View Post
    I've been back for over a year now and one of the biggest time sinks and fun detractors from the game is managing my items. Lockers overflowing with items that have been accumulated from DR, other events, drops, merchants, tables, etc are starting to get overwhelming.
    I have the same problem. I even cancelled once when I wasn't playing much instead of downgrading to a regular sub. Going forward I just know not to get myself into this. Like Viekn was saying just decide up front.

I do still have a bunch from the past though. The thing is, I have been able to sell some of it. Being up front that its as mix of stuff from whatever fest. So I don't want to trash it and leave 10-20m on the table. There was good stuff that wasn't jackpots like auto-stand canes for example.

I was thinking of taking a character, linking a full inventory to pastebin, and if the readers want to look the stuff up they can. Leave it for a week and if no interest its trashed. One character a month, set a minimum of 500k or 1m to make it worth the time, something like that.

Take 99% percent of it and sell it to the pawn. End of problem.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Buy four 100 count locker expansions with simucoins!

Its either that, or pawn it. I would pawn it personally
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Buy four 100 count locker expansions with simucoins!

Its either that, or pawn it. I would pawn it personally
    You'll just fill those up too. Between Duskruin and similar events, and the now monthly gift boxes, I find it hard to stay ahead of even items that have nominal value.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

About a month back I snagged one from PS's for a good deal and learned this lesson. The screen scroll alone from 180 items was enough to tell me this wasn't how I wanted to go.

I am making progress, organizing to dedicated Prem alts (one for DR stuff like rabbits feet, vials, bloodstones, and old drops for the pendant), another for fluff, weapons, etc. The most challenging is going to be magic items. I've stashed so many MR's, especially from the time when ME's debuted and the gen rate was cranked up.

I have kept two full MR spell up sets organized, as well as a full ME set that I'm slowly burning through now. Is it worth the time to sort through hundreds of MR's to find the pieces that sing as the highest worth, and then shift those into my two built sets? (Charging is tied to value like scrolls, right?)

Otherwise, I'm still plugging along.
    Discord = Teror#3966