Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocker: DOJ admits it ain't got shit on "insurrection"

Default Shocker: DOJ admits it ain't got shit on "insurrection"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2BG30C

Prosecutors made some serious claims after the deadly U.S. Capitol attack, saying they had evidence rioters planned to kill elected officials, suggesting a Virginia man at the building received directives to gas lawmakers, and accusing another suspect of directing mayhem on Jan. 6 with encrypted messages.

But the Justice Department has since acknowledged in court hearings that some of its evidence concerning the riot - carried out by a mob of supporters of former President Donald Trump to try to overturn his election loss - is less damning than it initially indicated.

The department suffered another blow this week when U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta threatened to impose a gag order on prosecutors after Michael Sherwin, its former head prosecutor on the Capitol cases, told CBS’s “60 Minutes” program that evidence pointed toward sedition charges against some defendants.

A charge of sedition - meaning incitement of a rebellion - has not been brought against any of the more than 400 people arrested to date. The most serious charges have been assault, conspiracy and obstruction of Congress or law enforcement.

Prosecutors are in the early stages of building criminal cases ahead of the trials stemming from an attack that left five people dead including a police officer, forced lawmakers to hide for their own safety and interrupted the formal congressional certification of President Joe Biden’s election victory.
    Of the more than 400 people arrested so far the most serious charges have been assault, conspiracy, and obstruction of Congress or law enforcement. Remember when a lot of people laughed at me because I said the "insurrectionists" were mostly guilty of trespassing? Good thing I'm the person who loves to say I told you so: I TOLD YOU SO!

Oh but it gets better!

Remember the retired US Navy Officer they insisted was part of a right-wing militia? They accused him of wanting to "gas" members of congress because he received this message while the "insurrection" was going on:

“‘All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,’” it read.
    Because clearly that was a direct order from his high-ups in the militia and not just a couple of idiots on Facebook.

Oh wait, turns out that's exactly what it was:

A prosecutor in Florida read those words aloud in February in a bid to convince a judge to detain two of Caldwell’s co-defendants. Prosecutors now acknowledge that Caldwell was not even a dues-paying member of the Oath Keepers and that they lack evidence he ever entered the Capitol.

There also are questions about the Facebook messages. Caldwell’s lawyer said in a March 10 court filing those messages were sent by two men who were more than 60 miles (100 km) away at the time and had no connection to the Oath Keepers. The comments were apparently satirical, albeit “tasteless,” his lawyer said, and Caldwell never responded to them.
    The Navy Officer wasn't part of the militia, no evidence suggests he was even in the Capitol, and the idiots who sent him that Facebook message were indeed idiots who had no ties to the militia and were more than 60 miles away from the shit going on.

The saddest part is that no one who took this "insurrection" shit seriously will read any of this and come away thinking "Shit...I've been played? I should do better in the future."
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-04-2021 at 11:41 PM.

The rest: ROFLMAO

Far less damage and injury than many Leftist riots, far more hype and arrests. And the Left wonders why we talk about a bias?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The saddest part is that no one who took this "insurrection" shit seriously will read any of this and come away thinking "Shit...I've been played? I should do better in the future."
    Sadly true.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

That would require the tiniest bit of self awareness that most liberals do not have.

People like Backlash and time4fun will still consider it an "insurrection" because that is what they were told to say it was.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Remember how this was a "bloody coup" attempt because people died?

Yeah about that.

2 people died of natural causes from cardiovascular disease.
    1 person was murdered by a police officer.
    1 person overdosed on amphetamine.

That only leaves the police officer which the medical examiner has already said did NOT die from blunt force trauma to the head like the media lied about in the early days of the "insurrection."

Speaking of which, weird how this officer (who might have died from chemical inhalation from the police's own use of pepper spray) was honored by the media and Democrats, was even given the honor of lying in state in the capital (first time ever for a police officer? Not sure.) Yet an officer who was literally murdered by a black supremacist while serving in the line of duty is hardly even given a mention in the national media.

Almost as if this is all a political game.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-07-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Just out of morbid curiosity, what would you call what happened at the Capitol. How would you label what their goal was. Not a trying to be funny answer like "a mostly peaceful protest" but a real one.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Just out of morbid curiosity, what would you call what happened at the Capitol. How would you label what their goal was. Not a trying to be funny answer like "a mostly peaceful protest" but a real one.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...h-vote-n917351

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/polit...tol/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/11/polit...sts-washington

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/thou...ry?id=43427653

https://mashable.com/2016/07/08/dc-p...ice-shootings/

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37946231

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-dec...ry?id=71994983

Want me to keep going? Can find about 250+ more of these, but you hopefully get the point.

Their goal was to protest - it got out of hand. It was wrong. People that should be arrested, were arrested. It was not an attempt at an "insurrection". They'll keep telling you that though.

Edit: Democrats just didn't like that it wasn't their "protestors". Wait until the 2022 and 2024 elections. You'll see more "protests" spring up. It won't be called "insurrection" though. Care to guess why?
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-10-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Shouldn’t I be asking you that question if you think this was an insurrection? Indeed what was their goal? How were they going to overthrow the government? What was their plan? Please use specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Edit: Democrats just didn't like that it wasn't their "protestors". Wait until the 2022 and 2024 elections. You'll see more "protests" spring up. It won't be called "insurrection" though. Care to guess why?
    Remember when tens of thousands of Democrats took over the Wisconsin state capital and not only were allowed to do so but were cheered on and encouraged by Democrats, including people like Nancy Pelosi who said she was proud of the rioters?

Remember how even to this day Democrats downplay the shit out of that riot because they know what a bunch of hypocrites they look like?

Shouldn’t I be asking you that question if you think this was an insurrection? Indeed what was their goal? How were they going to overthrow the government? What was their plan? Please use specifics.
    The dude asks you a fair question to see how you're characterize the invasion of Congress and you immediately flip it to asking absolutely fucking ridiculous questions that no one could truly know outside of the DOJ, FBI and the insurrectionists themselves. Why don't you man up for once and offer your own opinion. And for the love of God, stop talking to yourself between your Shaps and Tg01 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The dude asks you a fair question to see how you're characterize the invasion of Congress and you immediately flip it to asking absolutely fucking ridiculous questions that no one could truly know outside of the DOJ, FBI and the insurrectionists themselves.
    Too funny. "Just trust the DOJ, FBI, media, and Democrats!!1111!!! We couldn't possibly know their motives! It's impossible! IMPOSSIBLE!"

Thanks for proving what a sheep you are.