Thread: PS3/PSP/PS Vita stores closing

Blog Entries

Default PS3/PSP/PS Vita stores closing

https://www.polygon.com/22356858/pla...load-purchases

Sony confirmed on Monday that PlayStation Store access for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation Portable will end this summer. The PS3 and PS Vita stores close Aug. 27, 2021; the PSP’s remaining purchase functions will end on July 2, 2021.

PS3, Vita, and PSP owners will still be able to re-download and play any games they’ve purchased through the PlayStation Store. Users can still redeem voucher codes for games and PlayStation Plus, too.

Time to finish up last minute digital exclusive shopping.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04...ue-operations/
    PlayStation Store on PS3 and PS Vita Will Continue Operations

Recently, we notified players that PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita devices was planned to end this summer.

Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices. PSP commerce functionality will retire on July 2, 2021 as planned.

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

I’m glad that we can keep this piece of our history alive for gamers to enjoy, while we continue to create cutting-edge new game worlds for PS4, PS5, and the next generation of VR.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us – we’re always listening and appreciate the support from our PlayStation community.

Except for you, PSP.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Lol. Glad I didn't go on a full-on spending spree, but it did prompt me to go ahead and finally buy Drakengard 3.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    Lol. Glad I didn't go on a full-on spending spree, but it did prompt me to go ahead and finally buy Drakengard 3.
    Same. I also got the Arc the Lad and Suikoden series, because the alternative was shelling out something like $700 for physical versions.
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-21-2021 at 01:16 AM.