Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Final Test

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Shut the fuck up.
    cases rose again today
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They've fallen sharply in my state and parish, and continue to drop.
    i'm gonna guess from "parish" that you live in louisiana, and weekly new cases in louisiana had fallen sharply...
    ...until last week, when they rose from 2344 to 3332, the largest week over week increase since the second holiday surge

now, since louisiana is a much smaller sample than the united states that could have just been statistical noise making a value the same size appear bigger...
    ...but it could just as easily have been statistical noise making a value much much bigger appear merely bigger

......and since louisiana has open borders with other states in the nation, it is unlikely louisiana will somehow escape the national trend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    i'm gonna guess from "parish" that you live in louisiana, and weekly new cases in louisiana had fallen sharply...
    ...until last week, when they rose from 2344 to 3332, the largest week over week increase since the second holiday surge

now, since louisiana is a much smaller sample than the united states that could have just been statistical noise making a value the same size appear bigger...
    ...but it could just as easily have been statistical noise making a value much much bigger appear merely bigger

......and since louisiana has open borders with other states in the nation, it is unlikely louisiana will somehow escape the national trend
    Until this week, when they've fallen sharply. You can follow the graph. They haven't risen.

The 7 day average in January was over 3000, the 7 day average last week was 440. It only trends down from there. I don't know where your numbers are from, but mine are directly from the LDH and include probably cases.

Oh, and bars are allowed to reopen back at 100% capacity with no restrictions on when to stop serving. Sorry your dream of not looking like a weirdo for staying inside 24/7 is coming to an end.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-31-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

cases rose again today
    Number of pissed panty incidents by latrin is up, as well.

Blog Entries

lol, my Parish's positivity for the last 7 days is currently at 1.7%.

So far in this thread we've seen people try to dismiss me as wearing women's clothing - this is an odd choice considering I've posted pictures of myself here wearing women's clothing.

We've also seen people try to dismiss me as suffering from a mental disorder - this is also an odd choice considering I've posted here about the mental disorder from which I suffer.

We've finally seen people try to dismiss me as overestimating the risk; viz, "the sky is falling".
    This is perhaps the oddest choice of all, since a casual reexamination of my posts shows I have underestimated it.
    On July 30th 2020, for example, I projected 447,297 American lives lost to COVID by September 2021.

We blew by that in February 2021.

Now, for the last time, is the time to give up comfortable illusions.
    Now, for the last time, is the time to take serious stock of how badly we've underestimated this virus every step of the way.
    Now, for the last time, is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their country.

Blog Entries

All I see when you post now is whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Until this week, when they've fallen sharply. You can follow the graph. They haven't risen.

The 7 day average in January was over 3000, the 7 day average last week was 440. It only trends down from there. I don't know where your numbers are from, but mine are directly from the LDH and include probably cases.

Oh, and bars are allowed to reopen back at 100% capacity with no restrictions on when to stop serving. Sorry your dream of not looking like a weirdo for staying inside 24/7 is coming to an end.
    the source i used cites the new york times tracker, which is largely similar to the ldh data but not quite in this and some other cases, but it doesn't really matter - using whatever source you like, if cases in your state and/or parish start increasing at all, will i have been correct?
    if they increase by 10%?
    20%?
    50%?
    100%?

all i ask is that you pick a number, give yourself a chance to not fall for the tricks your ego wants to play on you

as an aside, i've got literally tens of thousands of posts on this world wide web forum - do you really think i care about not looking like a weirdo? really?

Blog Entries

the source i used cites the new york times tracker, which is largely similar to the ldh data but not quite in this and some other cases, but it doesn't really matter - using whatever source you like, if cases in your state and/or parish start increasing at all, will i have been correct?
    if they increase by 10%?
    20%?
    50%?
    100%?

all i ask is that you pick a number, give yourself a chance to not fall for the tricks your ego wants to play on you

as an aside, i've got literally tens of thousands of posts on this world wide web forum - do you really think i care about not looking like a weirdo? really?
    They haven't been increasing though, they are decreasing. Positivity is extremely low, and the vaccine sis available for everyone 16 and older.

Also, you are probably doing some retarded ass "daily" tracking thing. You need to go by weekly. It may be higher on a wednesday compared to a tuesday, but for the week, it is down. Positivity has dropped from 2.2 to 1.7% in the last week as well.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-31-2021 at 12:13 PM.

I appreciate you, Latrin. Hopefully someone is reading these and appreciates the difference in tone and content between the information you're providing and the derisive dismissals of that information devoid of another other than fleeting contempt.