Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Hour Pool Test

Default Three Hour Pool Test

So, I was curios about real numbers from the pool, so I did a 3 hour test tonight (Saturday) from 8PM to 11PM, and if anyone thinks rogues are getting rich, they are kidding themselves and if you tell me you are making a million silvers a day, then you are scripting for 24 hours.

For background, my rogue is 91, he has 210 ranks in picking skills so he is about 2.4/level. His settings are not super aggressive on tpick so he will occasionally turn down boxes but not more than about 2 an hour. I set tpick to not refuse any boxes due to tips, so here are the results:

171 boxes picked with 69089 in tips
    13 scarabs worth 57159
    Total earned 126132 or 738 silvers/box and 42044/hour
    Just as an extra 7 or 4.1% of the people felt the need to tip 1 silver, thanks cheapskates

So can you make 1M/day? Sure if you script for 24 hours, that is the only way to do it.

Take it for what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    So, I was curios about real numbers from the pool, so I did a 3 hour test tonight (Saturday) from 8PM to 11PM, and if anyone thinks rogues are getting rich, they are kidding themselves and if you tell me you are making a million silvers a day, then you are scripting for 24 hours.

For background, my rogue is 91, he has 210 ranks in picking skills so he is about 2.4/level. His settings are not super aggressive on tpick so he will occasionally turn down boxes but not more than about 2 an hour. I set tpick to not refuse any boxes due to tips, so here are the results:

171 boxes picked with 69089 in tips
    13 scarabs worth 57159
    Total earned 126132 or 738 silvers/box and 42044/hour
    Just as an extra 7 or 4.1% of the people felt the need to tip 1 silver, thanks cheapskates

So can you make 1M/day? Sure if you script for 24 hours, that is the only way to do it.

Take it for what you will.
    I've noticed the 1 silver tippers, and I believe that they are from lootcapped bots or whoever, since they don't really show up until around mid-month or a bit before.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I've noticed the 1 silver tippers, and I believe that they are from lootcapped bots or whoever, since they don't really show up until around mid-month or a bit before.
    You are far more kind than me, I just think they are cheap assholes that are under some sort of delusion that rogues are making out with the pool.

You are far more kind than me, I just think they are cheap assholes that are under some sort of delusion that rogues are making out with the pool.
    I mean, they don't show up in the pool for at least a week after the start of the month. If they were that prolific an asshole, wouldn't they be tipping 1 silver from the start?

Eh it's not just people who hit a lootcap....It's basically anyone with a brain, who uses ;poolparty to deposit boxes that tip 1 silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Eh it's not just people who hit a lootcap....It's basically anyone with a brain, who uses ;poolparty to deposit boxes that tip 1 silver
    So just to make sure I'm trying to make it worth the rogue's time to pick my boxes, I was doing ;poolparty at 30% tip. I recently switched to ;locksmithpool because I don't like how ;poolparty dumps everything in to one container. ;locksmithpool defaults to 10% but you can modify the script if you want to change it but as far as I know, it's not just a simple setting you can change/set with an in game lich command. So I asked on Lnet yesterday what the generally accepted tip % is. Much like a restaurant server, is 10% a bit too low, 30% a bit too high, maybe 20% is the sweet spot. There were a legit number of people that replied 1 silver, 100 silvers, 10% etc. I was surprised. The only way boxes are ever going to make a big difference for a hunter long term is if you find a nice enhancive in a box or a box found weapon. In that case, I think I'll just tip 1k a box and call it a day. If I were picking, I think making 1k a box plus scarabs would make it a fairly reasonable endeavor. Yes I get that they're getting experience too, but I consider that as more icing on the cake instead of the whole enchilada.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I mean, they don't show up in the pool for at least a week after the start of the month. If they were that prolific an asshole, wouldn't they be tipping 1 silver from the start?
    I see them all times of the month, at least as far as I have been able to discern there is no clear pattern. People are going to be who they are, there is no changing someone's nature, if they are cheap in the game, I would wager they are cheap in life, such is the way of things. I just wish that there was not as severe of a penalty from the game for refusing boxes and make no mistake, if we did not have to wait 10 minutes to be able to pick again then no one would be picking for 1 silver.

I did not do this though to point out those people, I did it because there were some numbers being thrown out that were completely bogus, ie. a million silvers a day. Can you do it, I suppose if you violate the crap out of the scripting rules, and to be fair it is being done. Is it 24 hours at a time, maybe not but there is a lot of script picking. I mean playing 160 hours a month only yields about 7 million silvers, but I do not play my rogue 40 hours/week, he is lucky if he works his gift off. He is typically in when I am working at home so I can monitor him. Is it easy experience, yep, but he is not getting rich by any means. I make way more selling enchants from my capped wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So just to make sure I'm trying to make it worth the rogue's time to pick my boxes, I was doing ;poolparty at 30% tip. I recently switched to ;locksmithpool because I don't like how ;poolparty dumps everything in to one container. ;locksmithpool defaults to 10% but you can modify the script if you want to change it but as far as I know, it's not just a simple setting you can change/set with an in game lich command. So I asked on Lnet yesterday what the generally accepted tip % is. Much like a restaurant server, is 10% a bit too low, 30% a bit too high, maybe 20% is the sweet spot. There were a legit number of people that replied 1 silver, 100 silvers, 10% etc. I was surprised. The only way boxes are ever going to make a big difference for a hunter long term is if you find a nice enhancive in a box or a box found weapon. In that case, I think I'll just tip 1k a box and call it a day. If I were picking, I think making 1k a box plus scarabs would make it a fairly reasonable endeavor. Yes I get that they're getting experience too, but I consider that as more icing on the cake instead of the whole enchilada.
    As I understand it, the tip takes into account everything that is inside the box, so gems and coins, not sure about weapons and enhancives but does not include and traps, so no scarabs. That being said, I personally think 10% is not a bad tip. Before I retrained my rogue from hunting to picking I was tipping 20%, but that is just me.
    Last edited by kutter; 03-28-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Because I was bored and sitting around the house waiting for a call from work, I decided to do another experiment, this time a lot more unusual.

I took a young sorcerer I have (lvl 36) and fixskilled him into picking with no spirit spells and 38 each of sorc and elemental. Now pures can apparently only single in disarm, why I have no idea but it was what it was, I felt certain he would die, a lot, ironically not once. At least today anyway.

So I only ran two hours this afternoon but he earned a total of 61406 or 30703/hour. That included the 8 bugs which sold for 23782. He is clearly much slower than my rogue that has mastered lock mastery but I was still a little surprised. The biggest issue I noticed was being a gnome, he ran to the bank A LOT. I might leave him for a couple of weeks, maybe till May since I would have to buy a fixskill to fix him and he seldom gets played. Clearly I am not advocating a sorcerer gnome picker, but hey, it can be done.

Blog Entries

Because I was bored and sitting around the house waiting for a call from work, I decided to do another experiment, this time a lot more unusual.

I took a young sorcerer I have (lvl 36) and fixskilled him into picking with no spirit spells and 38 each of sorc and elemental. Now pures can apparently only single in disarm, why I have no idea but it was what it was, I felt certain he would die, a lot, ironically not once. At least today anyway.

So I only ran two hours this afternoon but he earned a total of 61406 or 30703/hour. That included the 8 bugs which sold for 23782. He is clearly much slower than my rogue that has mastered lock mastery but I was still a little surprised. The biggest issue I noticed was being a gnome, he ran to the bank A LOT. I might leave him for a couple of weeks, maybe till May since I would have to buy a fixskill to fix him and he seldom gets played. Clearly I am not advocating a sorcerer gnome picker, but hey, it can be done.
    With the lockpick pool really any class can pick because the system is based off your abilities. You will have overall less to pick from in terms of turning away work, but with how the system was built anyone can give it a go with training (which I think is nice for those that like to pick)
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

I tip 2k a box, it's still a savings from what I would have had to pay at the town locksmith, where the average was probably close to 3500 per box.

I don't really know what you can see on the picker's end, but you should be able to see what the tip is and pass on shitty tips without penalty.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.