Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Hour Pool Test

They should write in something like if the tip is less than 5% the value of the box, there's no penalty to decline. It will get picked eventually since some people really do only care about the exp, but it won't hurt those who pick for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I tip 2k a box, it's still a savings from what I would have had to pay at the town locksmith, where the average was probably close to 3500 per box.

I don't really know what you can see on the picker's end, but you should be able to see what the tip is and pass on shitty tips without penalty.
    Sadly, if we pass, we get a penalty...Supposedly that's done to thwart spam of refusing/getting new boxes.

Which all would be circumvented if they just enabled a god damn minimum tip acceptance box. If all that is left in the pool are 1 tip boxes, and I have my tip minimum set to say 100....I should just be given the same message from the worker that occurs when there are no boxes in the pool for me.

They never do any testing on these systems anymore or think, Hey what do we think prime will do if we let them tip just 1 silver per box? DUH HERP DERP

At this rate, may as well let them tip 0 silver and just make it a free service, right? No need to test such a thing, clearly it will be marvelous for all parties involved!

In the end, I open every box I get. If I refuse any, I'm just refusing myself exp at that point.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 03-29-2021 at 07:37 AM.

I suppose the thing that I struggle with the most is who is actually tipping 1 silver. It is not those hunting pookas or even sheruvians. Every single box I have seen has been from a 90+ critter, the very people in the game that have the silver, it is just sad.

I have mixed emotions about simu stepping in and implementing a fix, specifically a minimum tip, if they simply would not penalize us so much for turning down boxes that would be the simplest thing, the issue would be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I've noticed the 1 silver tippers, and I believe that they are from lootcapped bots or whoever, since they don't really show up until around mid-month or a bit before.
    If they're loot capped, where are they getting boxes from?

I'll tip 1k per box, and I also do a lot of picking, usually with 1 RT, so I plow through boxes pretty quickly.

I assure you that rogues are not getting rich off the pool. Other than scarabs, it seems pretty trash overall to be honest.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-29-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Looks like Naijin made an update

Hey all,The locksmith pool has been updated to allow for a minimum silver amount when requesting a job. A cooldown of 10 seconds has been added before if there are no jobs available. This was added to ensure performance stays smooth.For example, ASK <NPC> FOR JOB MINIMUM 1000 would require a minimum tip of 1,000 silvers. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Rinualdo; 03-29-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    So, I was curios about real numbers from the pool, so I did a 3 hour test tonight (Saturday) from 8PM to 11PM, and if anyone thinks rogues are getting rich, they are kidding themselves and if you tell me you are making a million silvers a day, then you are scripting for 24 hours.

For background, my rogue is 91, he has 210 ranks in picking skills so he is about 2.4/level. His settings are not super aggressive on tpick so he will occasionally turn down boxes but not more than about 2 an hour. I set tpick to not refuse any boxes due to tips, so here are the results:

171 boxes picked with 69089 in tips
    13 scarabs worth 57159
    Total earned 126132 or 738 silvers/box and 42044/hour
    Just as an extra 7 or 4.1% of the people felt the need to tip 1 silver, thanks cheapskates

So can you make 1M/day? Sure if you script for 24 hours, that is the only way to do it.

Take it for what you will.
    I don't think anyone is saying you can make 1m in a short amount of time.

1m a day is doable and yes, that is pretty much picking full time. The majority of that comes from the scarabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Now we just need tpick updated

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying you can make 1m in a short amount of time.

1m a day is doable and yes, that is pretty much picking full time. The majority of that comes from the scarabs.
    Admittedly a 3 hour sample is not all that long a sample, but I think it gives a fair estimate of what is possible, so it is possible to make 1,009,056 silvers in a day if you pick for 24 hours straight but clearly no one is doing that for multiple day stretches unless they are AFK scripting. So can you make silvers, sure, is it legal, does it violate policy? Pretty sure it does.

But to each is own, if you think it is worth the risk, then that is your choice.
    Last edited by kutter; 03-29-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Nice update.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Nice update.
    Can someone post the details of the update? I'm assuming it was announced on Discord because I don't see anything on the GS homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If they're loot capped, where are they getting boxes from?
    Uh, from where they normally hunt? I've never even been close to lootcapped, but from my understanding of it your mobs will still drop boxes, but instead of say 5000 silvers in there, there might just be 5 now, they're set to tip 20%, and now they've just tipped you 20% of those 5 silvers.