Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ;tpick changes and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dugoar View Post
    First off still a great job on this script! I love using it!

I think I found a bug. When using the script on the locksmith pool frequently the script would stop right after requesting a job.

It looks like at some point commas were added to the tip value, so anytime the tip is more than 999 it would just wait.

I was able to fix it in my local copy by updating both of the offered_tip_amount regex as well as the to_i calls, in start_worker.

I used ([0-9\,]+) for the regex and $1.tap { |s| s.delete!(',') }.to_i for the conversion.

Thanks!
    Illithek
    Do you have the latest version? Looks like I fixed the comma bug for the offered_tip_amount variable, unless there is a different variable causing the problem.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Do you have the latest version? Looks like I fixed the comma bug for the offered_tip_amount variable, unless there is a different variable causing the problem.
    Hmm... I was pretty sure I did, the repo doesn't show any updates, but I also just returned after about a year break.

I just checked and it does look like I had a different version. I am not sure why it doesn't show any updates available. I manually downloaded it and am ok now.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Illithek

Quote Originally Posted by Dugoar View Post
    Hmm... I was pretty sure I did, the repo doesn't show any updates, but I also just returned after about a year break.

I just checked and it does look like I had a different version. I am not sure why it doesn't show any updates available. I manually downloaded it and am ok now.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Could be because a few months ago I removed all of my scripts off the repo and reuploaded them with the author name of "Dreaven" instead of "Tgo01" and I think when the author name changes Lich won't automatically update those scripts until you manually download them again. So you should be good to go now unless Lich is still saying something like "The author name for ;tpick has changed. Skipping." When you login.

And welcome back!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-29-2021 at 01:59 PM.

4. Default

Could be because a few months ago I removed all of my scripts off the repo and reuploaded them with the author name of "Dreaven" instead of "Tgo01" and I think when the author name changes Lich won't automatically update those scripts until you manually download them again. So you should be good to go now unless Lich is still saying something like "The author name for ;tpick has changed. Skipping." When you login.

And welcome back!
    Ah! I do recall seeing something like that.

Thanks! Glad to be back
    Illithek

5. Default

Okay, new thought/request. Any chance you could add an option to only calibrate if it sees the calibration read does not match the lock? With perfectly calibrated calipers for LM masters giving perfect reads, it could be time saving to only calibrate if it has JUST fallen slightly out of calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    Okay, new thought/request. Any chance you could add an option to only calibrate if it sees the calibration read does not match the lock? With perfectly calibrated calipers for LM masters giving perfect reads, it could be time saving to only calibrate if it has JUST fallen slightly out of calibration.
    That's already an option for "Calibrate count" setting under the "More Other" tab:

Example: Enter "auto 50" for script to calibrate your calipers as soon as it notices your calipers readings are 50+ off from an actual lock difficulty.

7. Default

That's already an option for "Calibrate count" setting under the "More Other" tab:

Example: Enter "auto 50" for script to calibrate your calipers as soon as it notices your calipers readings are 50+ off from an actual lock difficulty.
    Huh. Well so it is. Awesome!!! Never noticed that line in the explanations before...so much for that 303 perception!

8. Default

Okay so . . . I caught this happen fast, but it looks like they FINALLY added a line that tells you the lock difficulty when you actually use the flip trick... so you might be able to add it to the flow so you can cap it's lock value also (the regex it watches for doesn't happen on the flip trick so no capturing that way heh).

Wish we had just like... a log option instead of just quote and code...anyway, here's a brief version of the log of it happening.
    Code:
    Using your imflass-tipped calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    Roundtime: 4 sec.
    JR>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a fairly plain lock (-360 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).

<edited some fluff out>

[tpick]>lmaster ptrick twist #43006510
    You give your vultite lockpick a sharp twist, attempting to straighten it slightly, before settling into the difficult task of picking the lock on a plain brass coffer...
    You make a lame attempt (d100=29).
    You are not able to pick the coffer, but you get a sense that it has a fairly plain lock.  About a -370 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    JR>
    [tpick: Got a read on this box, going to change to best suited lockpick.]
    [tpick: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick]>stop lmaster focus
    [tpick]>lmaster ptrick flip #43006510
    Pretending to only examine the lock of a plain brass coffer, you instead attempt to quietly turn the tumblers to within a hair's breadth of clicking...
    You make a passable attempt (d100=48).
    You get a sense that the coffer has a fairly plain lock (-370 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).

Then with an easy motion, you flip your lockpick into the air and give the coffer a solid smack!

The coffer gives off an audible *click* as the tumblers snap open.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    JR>
    <<< edited out looting the box - it did not calibrate here, instead it calibrated on the next box >>>
    [tpick: Checking for traps.]
    [tpick]>lmaster focus
    You focus intently on your picking and disarm skill.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    JR>

9. Default

So just adding this bit to the pick3 proc works like a charm it seems. Set my trick to flip and it is giving the value back correctly.

Code:
    		while line = get
    			#Get roll amount:
    			# Demandred - added a couple grabs here to attempt to get actual lock to pass down...
    			if line =~ /^Pretending to only examine the lock/
    				flip_trick_used = true
    				next
    			elsif line =~ /^You get a sense that .+ has .+ lock \(\-(\d+) thief-lingo difficulty ranking\)\./ && flip_trick_used
    				actual_lock_difficulty = $1.to_i
    				next
    			elsif line =~ /^You make .* attempt \(d100(?:\(open\))?\=(\d+)\)\./ # Demandred - last bit of that stuff.
    				roll_amount = $1.to_i
    				next_task = "pick3" if roll_amount == 1
    I also threw ``flip_trick_used = nil`` into the start_values_nilled proc.

And it works! Waited for a 5 off read to see if it calibrated.

So what exactly is the issue here?

Instead of giving this line:
    You are not able to pick the coffer, but you get a sense that it has a fairly plain lock. About a -370 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).

The flip trick gives this line:

You get a sense that the coffer has a fairly plain lock (-370 thief-lingo difficulty ranking).

?