Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ;tpick changes and discussion

1. Default

How difficult would it be to force it to always use the DETECT verb instead of disarm on the first time it looks for a trap on a box? Or to use it for all attempts where it is "looking for a trap," if you happen to have it set to check for traps more than once, say? I have had several situations I killed the script after picking a buncha boxes at a table, forgot that there was a really large trap that it skipped, then started again and nearly set off said trap because the game still remembered I found it... and once that I actually killed myself doing so...

edit: switching to disarm only when done with # of attempts to look for a trap, or upon finding a trap, that is to say.
    Last edited by lorddemandred; 04-14-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    How difficult would it be to force it to always use the DETECT verb instead of disarm on the first time it looks for a trap on a box? Or to use it for all attempts where it is "looking for a trap," if you happen to have it set to check for traps more than once, say? I have had several situations I killed the script after picking a buncha boxes at a table, forgot that there was a really large trap that it skipped, then started again and nearly set off said trap because the game still remembered I found it... and once that I actually killed myself doing so...

edit: switching to disarm only when done with # of attempts to look for a trap, or upon finding a trap, that is to say.
    I can look into it.

New update:

Version 337: Script will now DETECT boxes first to check for traps instead of DISARMing them.
    Version 337: Removed setting "Haste (506)" under "Spells" tab.
    Version 337: Added setting "Song of Tonis (1035)" under "Spells" tab.
    Version 337: New setting under "Spells" tab: "Percent mana to keep". For example you can enter "50" in this setting to stop casting spells once your mana falls below 50% of your max mana. Leave setting blank to always cast spells as long as you have enough mana.

4. Default

Nice.

Version 338: Fixed bug with script attempting to pick anything with the noun of "case", whether the case in question was a box or not.

This happend a few times last night and i just let it go but it did again tonight. Level 96 lock and i have tpick set to anything over level 90 to always use 403 to save picks. 403 was cast and it tried once. Got a 29 roll and the program decided this wasnt going to work and started with the 403/408 as if it was plated.

Last night it did the same thing but kind of different. I tried on a similar level lock with 403 going, had 3 terrible rolls in a row....like teens and twenties and the program decided this wasnt going well and went over to 403/408.

What do i need to do to stop this?

The worker says, "Ah, here we are. The client is offering a tip of 1,000 silvers and mentioned it being from a triton executioner (level 96). The trunk is set up on the table for you. When you're finished, ASK me to CHECK your work."
    s>
    [tpick]>look on #211953
    On the wooden table you see Mustafo's trunk and Sharkal's coffer.
    s>
    [tpick: Found your box/plinite! Name: trunk, ID: 154233604, tip: 1000, critter name: triton executioner, critter level: 96]
    [tpick]>detect #154233604
    You carefully begin to examine Mustafo's trunk for traps...

You discover no traps.
    Roundtime: 6 sec.
    sR>
    [tpick: Critter level is 96, using 403 based on your settings. ]
    [tpick: Critter level is 96, using a vaalin lockpick based on your settings.]
    [tpick]>get #153979113
    You remove a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick from in your cloak.
    s>
    [tpick]>incant 403
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Lock Pick Enhancement spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    s>
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:51, 0:01:50 remaining. ]
    [tpick]>pick #154233604
    You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
    You make a lame attempt (d100=29).
    Your lockpick gets stuck in the lock! You carefully try to work it free, but it may have been weakened by the stress.
    Roundtime: 19 sec.
    sR>
    sR>
    [tpick: A vaalin pick with 403 doesn't seem to be cutting it, going to try wedges or 407.]
    [tpick]>put #153979113 in #153979095
    You put a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick in your cloak.
    s>
    Get what?
    s>
    Get what?
    s>
    Get what?
    s>
    [tpick]>prep 407
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Unlock spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    s>
    [tpick]>cast #154233604
    You gesture at Mustafo's trunk.
    The trunk vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.
    The scintillating light fades from your hands.
    s>
    [tpick]>incant 403
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Lock Pick Enhancement spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    s>
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:51, 0:01:50 remaining. ]
    s>
    [tpick]>prep 407
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Unlock spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    s>
    The focused look leaves Stiara.
    s>
    [tpick]>cast #154233604
    You gesture at Mustafo's trunk.
    The trunk vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.
    The scintillating light fades from your hands.
    s>
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    This happend a few times last night and i just let it go but it did again tonight. Level 96 lock and i have tpick set to anything over level 90 to always use 403 to save picks. 403 was cast and it tried once. Got a 29 roll and the program decided this wasnt going to work and started with the 403/408 as if it was plated.

Last night it did the same thing but kind of different. I tried on a similar level lock with 403 going, had 3 terrible rolls in a row....like teens and twenties and the program decided this wasnt going well and went over to 403/408.

What do i need to do to stop this?
    Version 340: Fixed bug with script not running properly when using a lockpick with a noun other than lockpick.
    Version 340: Added setting "Max Lock Roll" under "Other" tab: For example enter 30 and when you roll lower than 30 when picking locks the script will attempt to pick again no matter what messaging you received. Enter 0 or leave blank if you want script to always move to higher lockpicks when receiving a message that you aren't able to pick the current lock, these messages are when your lockpick gets stuck in the lock or you bend the tip. If you break your lockpick you will always move to a higher lockpick.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-19-2021 at 02:14 AM.

8. Default

So I've had this happen several times now, and I'm puzzled why it's doing this... basically when I'm doing `;tpick ground loot` it will occasionally fail to put an item in my bags before it sends the `clean table` command, but then it'll put it away after the that... however with that happening on top of a moment where you hit your rest threshold it fails to put the item away at all...as seen here:

Code:
    [tpick]>open #150413749
    You open a sturdy steel strongbox.
    J>
    [tpick]>look in #150413749
    In the steel strongbox:
    Gems [3]: a small dark red sphere, a light pink morganite stone, a smoky topaz
    Special [1]: some silver coins
    Total items: 4
    J>
    [tpick]>get #155524069
    You remove a small dark red sphere from in a sturdy steel strongbox.
    J>
    [tpick]>put #155524069 in my pouch
    You put a small dark red sphere in your grey linen gem pouch.
    J>
    [tpick]>get #150413752
    J>
    You gather the remaining 2,017 coins.
    Roundtime: 2 sec.
    JR>
    [tpick]>get #150413751
    Kelvak removes an exquisite lor runestaff from in his black leather thigh-sheath.
    J>
    You remove a light pink morganite stone from in a sturdy steel strongbox.
    J>
    [tpick]>put #150413751 in my pouch
    You put a light pink morganite stone in your grey linen gem pouch.
    J>
    [tpick]>get #150413750
    [tpick]>clean table
    Lord Kelvak just went out.
    J>
    [tpick: Resting until mind reaches 90%.]
    J>
    You remove a smoky topaz from in a sturdy steel strongbox.
    J>
    A busboy appears at your bidding and gathers up debris from your table.
    J>
    You feel at full magical power again.
    J>
    [tpick: Checking for traps.]
    [uberbarv: ********  111 EXP Gained this Pulse ********* (01:46:54)+]
    J>
    [tpick]>detect #150413746
    You will need to have both hands free or be holding just the coffer for that.
    J>l
    I'll watch for the other instance where it puts it away after cleaning the table... the only thing I maybe think might be causing it is it's getting to the hand check before the item is in your hand...

Anyway, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    the only thing I maybe think might be causing it is it's getting to the hand check before the item is in your hand...
    Yup yup. Sometimes it takes a half second or so for Lich to recognize that you have something new in your hands.

Uploaded a new version that should fix this.

Woooo! Thanks!
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.