Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ;tpick changes and discussion

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That should fix it. Yeah keyrings are special because I'm assuming the lockpicks aren't actually IN the keyring but rather ON, so I had to have the script manually look on keyrings to find the lockpicks on there so if looking on keyrings cuts off some of the name for whatever reason then you'll need to put the names of the lockpicks as they appear on the keyring.

It shouldn't affect anything else in the script because the first thing the script does is find your lockpicks via the information you entered under the "Lockpicks" and "Lockpicks 2" tabs, then after that it just goes by their ID number. At least that's how it's supposed to work, I might have missed a line or two where the script still goes by the name of the lockpick instead of the ID number.
    Sounds good - you may want to throw that info into the help... I knew how to poke through and figure it out but this might confuse some folks... also it was failing to find my drake dagger until I looked in that container - might wanna throw a case to look in it if that happens.

2. Default

Oh and on a side note, I modified the wealth_after and wealth_before procs to use wealth quiet instead of info as an experiment - wealth quiet is a lot less unnecessary lines... it returns either

You have no silver coins with you.

or

You have but one coin with you.

or

You have 2 coins with you.

That last behavior persists after 2.

3. Default

Hrm, also weird... used to have "nil" in the gnomish bracer line and it worked fine, now having it in there makes it try to

"turn my nil"

instead of getting lockpicks and such

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    Sounds good - you may want to throw that info into the help... I knew how to poke through and figure it out but this might confuse some folks...
    Yeah I already added the information to the lock pick tabs, I didn’t know keyrings cut off parts of the lock pick names.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    Hrm, also weird... used to have "nil" in the gnomish bracer line and it worked fine, now having it in there makes it try to

"turn my nil"

instead of getting lockpicks and such
    I changed it so unused settings should be kept as blank instead of needing a nil.

I noticed that I'm only using vaalin lockpicks for the highest difficulty boxes where lore + vaalin are required, and using lower tier lockpicks with lore where vaalin without lore would have sufficed. Is that intended, or is there a way to specify in the settings somewhere when to use vaalin minus lore?

Also kind of funky thing happening- it isn't recognizing lockpicks on the keyring when I run it in solo mode, but seems to work fine with worker

Awesome script, by the way! Makes it a lot less irritating when I change lockpicks than editing my SF one, haha
    Last edited by dzulthu; 05-17-2021 at 08:29 AM.

I thought the script only used lore when using a vaalin lock pick, I’ll have to check the code when I get home.

That’s weird about the key ring thing. With key rings you have to enter the name of the lock pick as they appear when you look on the key ring because apparently the game cuts off some of the name when on a key ring like that. Other than that I don’t know why the script would hand trouble with solo or pool picking, it should find lock picks the same way.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I changed it so unused settings should be kept as blank instead of needing a nil.
    The help text for gnomish bracer and bashing still indicate to use nil if unused. May want to update. Took me a sec to look up to the "leave blank" message and guess that they should just be blank now too.

9. Default

script is hanging for me on the following message:

You carefully begin to examine a mithril Rolph's strongbox for traps...

You notice a discolored oval ring around the outside of the strongbox which makes you suspicious. Your suspicions are confirmed when you look inside the keyhole and notice the spring-loaded jaws pressed flush against the strongbox walls, but the pins that hold the jaws together have been pushed out.

is this a disarmed box that someone put into the pool?
    For faster sales and service find me on Discord @faustofausto

Quote Originally Posted by Khelbaen View Post
    is this a disarmed box that someone put into the pool?
    Yup yup. Did the script do anything else after that? The script should have still caught that and moved on as if the box wasn't trapped at all.