Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ;tpick changes and discussion

This just happened.....

[tpick: Critter level is 98, using 403 based on your settings. ]
    [tpick: Critter level is 98, using a vaalin lockpick based on your settings.]
    [tpick]>get #129341350
    You remove a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick from in your cloak.
    s>
    [tpick: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick]>incant 403
    s>
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Lock Pick Enhancement spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    s>
    [ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:49, 0:01:48 remaining. ]
    s>
    [tpick]>pick #129490114
    You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
    You make a pathetic attempt (d100=2).
    You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it.
    Roundtime: 19 sec.
    sR>
    [tpick: You rolled: 2, your Vaalin Lock Roll setting: 1000. Trying same pick again]
    [tpick]>pick #129490114
    You make a miserable attempt (d100=14).
    You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it.
    sR>
    sR>
    [tpick: You rolled: 14, your Vaalin Lock Roll setting: 1000. Trying same pick again]
    [tpick]>pick #129490114
    You make a passable attempt (d100=41).
    You are not able to pick the lock, but you get a feeling that it is within your abilities.
    sR>
    [tpick: Got a read on this box, going to change to best suited lockpick.]
    Vallera quickly flips her sleek hand crossbow against her sleek hand crossbow into her other hand!
    sR>
    Dallat just went out.
    sR>
    [tpick]>put #129341350 in #129341349
    You put a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick in your cloak.
    s>
    [tpick: Critter level is 98, using 403 based on your settings. ]
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: copper with a modifier of 1.0]
    [tpick: Recommend 403: Yes]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 373]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking lore: 105]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 478]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 0]
    [tpick]>get #129341362
    You remove a copper lockpick from in your cloak.
    s>
    [tpick]>pick #129490114
    You make a lame attempt (d100=25).
    * SNAP * Crud! You broke your lockpick in the attempt!
    sR>
    [tpick: copper lockpick is broken.]
    sR>;k tpick

2 bad rolls with my vaalin and then it decided to break out the copper which broke nicely. Not sure why it did that.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    2 bad rolls with my vaalin and then it decided to break out the copper which broke nicely. Not sure why it did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Random failure... because 100% of the time, when I manually do "loresing trunk in my hand; what is your lock i demand" it identifies the lock and moves forward
    Both bugs should be fixed now.

Code:
    	Version 330: Fixed bug with ground picking and loresinging where script would sometimes hang when trying to loresing to box.
    	Version 330: Added new option under the "Other" tab: "Remove armor." Enter the name of your armor if you want the script to remove your armor before casting a spell, script will only do this before the first time you cast a spell, script will automatically wear armor again before exiting.
    	Version 330: Fixed bug with script seeing message "within your abilities" and setting the current lock to 0/nil which caused script to always use a copper lockpick.

Seriously, seriously good service.

I would say that i dont have a log of it because i had to stop it and a whole lot of stuff happened....if i do a level 100 box, it automatically 403's me like it should. I pick the lock and on to the next level 100 box. I have 403 running so it does not 403 me for this box. Then i get another level 105 box. 403 is still running and it does not cast. I get a level 95 box and i pick and miss. During the 20 sec RT, 403 expires. However i am already working on the box so it does not re-403 me for this box. When this happened, i had to exit tpick, manually cast 403 because i could not get the lock without 403 and pick it like normal.

Not sure the remedy but i would guess the easiest thing to do is 403 for every box set at the level i have in setup, regardless if 403 is running or not? Or do a check and see if i am working on a level 100 box and is 403 running (regardless of when it was last cast) and if not, cast it again before the next pick?
    Last edited by Adequate Picker; 03-28-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

4. Default

Ah, I see you added a thread just for tpick. Didn't realize until just now. Will move future tpick questions/issues here instead of the my scripts thing.

Cheers!

5. Default

So hrm. If it's a fumble, currently, it stops the script...because I don't think it ever matches a line . . . it did this then just stopped

Code:
    Taking a gentle turn, you choke up on your brushed silver lockpick for a better grip, then devote all your attention to the lock on a rotting modwir box...
    You make a fumbling attempt (d100=1).
    Roundtime: 20 sec.
    I think you were having it watch for
    Code:
    /^You are not able to pick the lock\, and learn little about it\./
    but it never says that...

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    Seriously, seriously good service.

I would say that i dont have a log of it because i had to stop it and a whole lot of stuff happened....if i do a level 100 box, it automatically 403's me like it should. I pick the lock and on to the next level 100 box. I have 403 running so it does not 403 me for this box. Then i get another level 105 box. 403 is still running and it does not cast. I get a level 95 box and i pick and miss. During the 20 sec RT, 403 expires. However i am already working on the box so it does not re-403 me for this box. When this happened, i had to exit tpick, manually cast 403 because i could not get the lock without 403 and pick it like normal.

Not sure the remedy but i would guess the easiest thing to do is 403 for every box set at the level i have in setup, regardless if 403 is running or not? Or do a check and see if i am working on a level 100 box and is 403 running (regardless of when it was last cast) and if not, cast it again before the next pick?
    A log would be great because as far as I can tell the script should cast 403 again before you attempt to pick even if you already had it on when you got the box.

Even if you're stuck in 20 seconds of RT from picking the script should wait until you're out of RT then check to see if you need 403.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    So hrm. If it's a fumble, currently, it stops the script...because I don't think it ever matches a line . . . it did this then just stopped

Code:
    Taking a gentle turn, you choke up on your brushed silver lockpick for a better grip, then devote all your attention to the lock on a rotting modwir box...
    You make a fumbling attempt (d100=1).
    Roundtime: 20 sec.
    I think you were having it watch for
    Code:
    /^You are not able to pick the lock\, and learn little about it\./
    but it never says that...
    Yeah I redid a bunch of that code because I noticed when rolling a 1 you could bend the tip of your lockpick but the script wasn't auto repairing it, I thought you would always get some sort of messaging after rolling a 1 but apparently not. This will be fixed in the next version but I'll have to figure out how to get the script to auto repair bent lockpicks after rolling a 1 some other time.

8. Default

If you use next and do 'em in the proper order, checking if the bent pick line and then roundtime are the next lines correctly it should be doable

9. Default

Maybe something like

Code:
    if line =~ /^You make .* attempt \(d100\=(\d+)\)\./
      roll_amount = $1.to_i
      next
    elsif line =~ /Roundtime\: 20 sec\./ && roll_amount == 1
      echo "You fumbled without bending the pick, retrying."
      next_task = "pick3"
      break
    elsif etc
    Maybe. Something like that...perhaps throw the bent pick and roll 1 check before it?

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    Maybe something like

Code:
    if line =~ /^You make .* attempt \(d100\=(\d+)\)\./
      roll_amount = $1.to_i
      next
    elsif line =~ /Roundtime\: 20 sec\./ && roll_amount == 1
      echo "You fumbled without bending the pick, retrying."
      next_task = "pick3"
      break
    elsif etc
    Maybe. Something like that...perhaps throw the bent pick and roll 1 check before it?
    Probably something like that.