Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ;tpick changes and discussion

New version:

Version 345: You must now specify a mode when starting script: ;tpick solo, ;tpick other, ;tpick ground, or ;tpick worker.
    Version 345: New setting: "Default mode" under the "Yet More Other" tab. For example you can enter "solo" and the script will default to "solo" picking mode when you don't specify a mode, so you could just start script as ;tpick and it would default to solo mode, specifying another mode will override this setting.
    Version 345: Renamed "More Lockpicks" tab to "Lockpicks 2". No settings were affected by this name change.
    Version 345: Added a help menu that explains all modes, command line variables, and provides more information about the various settings found in the setup menu. Do ";tpick help" to access the help menu.
    Version 345: Fixed comma bug with script displaying wrong silvers gained before script closed.

This update was mostly just about trying to provide more information about the various settings and features of the script since the script has grown so large over the years and I have been lazy with providing a help section for the various changes.

Downloaded the latest update. Think i have everything set but i get this when i try and start

H>;tpick worker
    --- Lich: tpick active.

sH>
    [tpick: Max level wanted: 114]
    --- Lich: error: undefined local variable or method `picks_information_text' for main:Object
    tpick:2169:in `block in _script'
    tpick:5145:in `_script'
    --- Lich: tpick has exited.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adequate Picker View Post
    Downloaded the latest update. Think i have everything set but i get this when i try and start

H>;tpick worker

sH>
    [tpick: Max level wanted: 114]
    --- Lich: error: undefined local variable or method `picks_information_text' for main:Object
    tpick:2169:in `block in _script'
    tpick:5145:in `_script'
    --- Lich: tpick has exited.
    Should be fixed now.

It appears so. You are the greatest.
    Left handed, right handed, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Well something changed and I have no idea what. The script was workng perfectly yesterday, now I get this on any box I try:

>;tpick worker
    --- Lich: 'sorter' has been stopped by tpick.
    --- Lich: sorter has exited.
    >
    [tpick: Putty remaining: 88]
    [tpick: Cotton balls remaining: 93]
    [tpick: Vials of acid remaining: 9]
    [tpick: Max lock: 35]
    --- Lich: sorter active.
    [tpick: Calibrating calipers.]
    [tpick]>get my calipers
    You remove a pair of tiny steel calipers with convex glaes-covered dials from in your russet leather toolkit.
    >
    [tpick]>lmas calibrate my calipers
    Those calipers could not be more perfectly calibrated. You should leave them alone. You'll just mess them up.
    >
    [tpick]>put #345063355 in #345063354
    You put a pair of tiny steel calipers with convex glaes-covered dials in your russet leather toolkit.
    >
    [tpick]>ask #349584 for job
    The attendant says, "Ah, here we are. The client is offering a tip of 463 silvers and mentioned it being from a treekin druid (level 81). The coffer is set up on the table for you. When you're finished, ASK me to CHECK your work."
    >
    [tpick]>look on #349582
    >
    On the mahogany table:
    other (1): Pelorus's coffer.
    [tpick: Found your box/plinite! Name: coffer, ID: 345125390, tip: 463, critter name: treekin druid, critter level: 81]
    [tpick: Checking for traps.]
    [tpick]>incant 404
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Disarm Enhancement spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    You become calm and focused.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >
    [ Disarm Enhancement: +0:02:03, 0:02:03 remaining. ]
    >
    [tpick]>detect #345125390
    * Fingrimbal joins the adventure.
    >
    You carefully begin to examine Pelorus's coffer for traps...

You discover no traps.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    R>
    [tpick: No trap found.]
    * Steenk joins the adventure.
    >
    [tpick: Measuring lock.]
    [tpick]>get my calipers
    You remove a pair of tiny steel calipers with convex glaes-covered dials from in your russet leather toolkit.
    >
    * Skies across the world darken as Warclaidh enters.
    >
    [tpick]>lmaster measure #345125390
    Using your tiny steel calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    Roundtime: 4 sec.
    R>
    * Starchitin joins the adventure.
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a fairly complicated lock (-760 in thief-lingo difficulty ranking).
    R>
    [tpick]>put #345063355 in #345063354
    You put a pair of tiny steel calipers with convex glaes-covered dials in your russet leather toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Recommended lock pick: alum with a modifier of 2.3]
    [tpick: Recommend 403: No]
    [tpick: Your calculated lockpicking skill: 359]
    [tpick: Your total picking skill for this attempt is: 825]
    [tpick: Lock difficulty: 760]
    [tpick]>turn my nil
    What were you referring to?

Ok, so I got it back working, the only thing I can think that might have been going on was there were still 4 or 5 fields that had the word nil in them from previous versions. I went in and removed all of them, per the new instructions that I admittedly did not read, and it seems to be working fine now.
    Last edited by kutter; 05-09-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Woot! Awesome.

Yeah I figured it would be easier for people to just leave fields blank they do not want to use rather than having to enter “nil” in those fields.

7. Default

I would still be interested in the following optional setting:
    - this lock is too hard for vaalin!
    - trying to corrode the lock using 407!
    - the lock is now corroded, trying your vaalin lockpick!

This is possible since all the mechanics behind the lock corrosion mechanic are explicity spelled out on the gswiki page for 407.
    https://gswiki.play.net/Unlock_(407)

I've mentioned this before, but in the past probably didnt expain what I meant at all, but especially not in the tpick tone which I have done in this post
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    I would still be interested in the following optional setting:
    - this lock is too hard for vaalin!
    - trying to corrode the lock using 407!
    - the lock is now corroded, trying your vaalin lockpick!

This is possible since all the mechanics behind the lock corrosion mechanic are explicity spelled out on the gswiki page for 407.
    https://gswiki.play.net/Unlock_(407)

I've mentioned this before, but in the past probably didnt expain what I meant at all, but especially not in the tpick tone which I have done in this post
    I can look into adding something like that.

9. Default

Okay so I think you changed something with how it looks for lockpicks and it broke finding any lockpicks I customized and then shifted the dye as the adjective:

Code:
    Attached to a vaalin-laced keyring you see a vultite lockpick, a chrome lockpick, a veniom lockpick, a raspberry lockpick, a grape lockpick, a laje lockpick, a blue-swirled mithril lockpick, a crystal-inset red copper lockpick, a quartz-inlaid blued steel lockpick, a slate-colored lockpick, a golvern lockpick, a kelyn lockpick, a garnet-inset rose gold lockpick, an opalescent ora lockpick, a cerulean-hued wavy glaes lockpick, a dull brushed silver lockpick, a kelyn lockpick, a dull brushed silver lockpick, a well-crafted narrow golvern lockpick, a dull brushed silver lockpick, a quartz-inlaid blued steel lockpick, a cerulean-hued wavy glaes lockpick, a dull brushed silver lockpick, a blue-swirled mithril lockpick, an apricot lockpick, a crystal-inset red copper lockpick, a bone-handled dark invar lockpick, a kelyn-tipped myklian scale lockpick, an opal-edged grey rolaren lockpick, a golvern lockpick, an opalescent ora lockpick, a veniom lockpick and a laje lockpick.
    J>
    [tpick: Couldn't find your alum lockpick]
    J>
    [tpick: Couldn't find your vaalin lockpick]
    So my alum is "slate-colored alum lockpick,apricot alum lockpick" in the lockpicks 2 field, and vaalin is "chrome vaalin lockpick" . . . but they show up as chrome lockpick, apricot lockpick, and slate-colored lockpick on the keyring...

It's probably also not finding my grape invar (but is finding the bone-handled dark invar lockpick), my raspberry rolaren(but is finding the opal-edged grey rolaren lockpick)...

Not sure how to fix that, since keyrings don't actually have contents...

edit: (actually I can force it by specifying probably JUST the way it shows up ON the keyring...but not sure how that'll affect other things)
    Last edited by lorddemandred; 05-11-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemandred View Post
    edit: (actually I can force it by specifying probably JUST the way it shows up ON the keyring...but not sure how that'll affect other things)
    That should fix it. Yeah keyrings are special because I'm assuming the lockpicks aren't actually IN the keyring but rather ON, so I had to have the script manually look on keyrings to find the lockpicks on there so if looking on keyrings cuts off some of the name for whatever reason then you'll need to put the names of the lockpicks as they appear on the keyring.

It shouldn't affect anything else in the script because the first thing the script does is find your lockpicks via the information you entered under the "Lockpicks" and "Lockpicks 2" tabs, then after that it just goes by their ID number. At least that's how it's supposed to work, I might have missed a line or two where the script still goes by the name of the lockpick instead of the ID number.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-11-2021 at 06:47 PM.