Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market

Default Stock Market

Stock Market

Trump leaves office with U.S. major benchmarks near all-time highs. But how did his performance stack up with his predecessors?

Not too bad, according to major indexes. Based on annualized returns for the S&P 500 SPX, -0.26%, the U.S. benchmark, Trump (+13.7%) saw the third-best performance of the 15 presidents who have served since 1929, according to Dow Jones Market Data. Trump, however, slightly trailed his immediate predecessor, Barack Obama (+13.8%). Bill Clinton (+15.2%) claims the top spot.

More...

Anybody want to make any predictions about the stock market during Biden's term? It doesn't seem like there is a lot of room for a sustained increase in values. Over the last 365 days, the market has returned more than 70%. The S&P 500 P/E ratio is above 40 using historical earnings or a bit above 20 using estimated future earnings, and its dividend yield is below 1.5%. The "Buffett Indicator" is at or near its all-time high. Despite those warning signs, overcoming the coronavirus, assuming we do, may create a euphoria that will fuel many excesses, including stock valuations and a baby boom.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

ClydeR is a Russian agent.

What do you think the R stands for? Other than Retard of course.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Right after I posted, the market reacted by going way down. Sorry.

damn clyde thanks a lot

I'm pretty sure whether the stock market is going up or down really only matters to the rich who own most stocks, regardless of who's president. The majority of Americans don't own stocks and therefore don't care whether the stock market is going up or down.
    I'm one of those few weirdos who doesn't use Lich.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My 8values political quiz results

I am autistic.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kyulen View Post
    I'm pretty sure whether the stock market is going up or down really only matters to the rich who own most stocks, regardless of who's president. The majority of Americans don't own stocks and therefore don't care whether the stock market is going up or down.
    I don't know how you define "rich", but your statement isn't correct.

Admittedly only around 1 out of 7 Americans own individual stocks. However slightly over half of Americans have 401Ks (or something similar such as the government Thrift Savings Plan), so that means they most likely own stocks (in one or more funds) and they should care whether the stock market is going up or down. It is not just a "rich person" concern.
    Last edited by Candor; 03-24-2021 at 06:20 AM.

You're wrong. Most people own stocks in their 401K or other retirement accounts.

If you don't, then you've made some pretty poor life choices.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

The majority of Americans have a 401k, whether they know or fuck with it is their own prerogative. The stock market affects every single American, because while trickle-down economics may be suspect, shit always rolls down hill.

Furthermore, many individual poll sites conclude over 55% of households invest in the stock market. Down from 66% in 2007. That is still the majority of Americans.

Basically, you're just making shit up and posting it as fact.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-24-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I just wish the stock market wasn't manipulated the way it is by the brokers (ie. Gamestop and the situation that followed as an example). All that died down and got put to rest really quickly, but showed a lot of people how it actually is working.

Ran properly, great for the majority - way it's designed now, great for the minority. That is just my opinion/viewpoint on it.

I do think a crash is coming though, and it's going to be bad. Again - just my opinion/viewpoint on it.

I know there are some savvy $ guys on here that know more than me that might disagree and educate me why I'm wrong, but is what feels like coming.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-24-2021 at 11:23 AM.

The majority of Americans have some sort of 401k as their retirement program, which includes stocks. As the stock market goes down, their retirement plan goes down. People care about that.

If you can't see that, you are VERY ignorant.