Thread: lethality of lightning criticals

Default lethality of lightning criticals

I was testing lightning flares in treekin, and I had a lot of crit kills from the flares.

After reading about lightning flares, I saw a post about these flares hitting harder on metal armor. The treekin have "metal" armor - and I think the advantage against metal armor was noticable. The same item was not nearly so deadly in reim (I know that only non-corporeal creatures that have first been brought into the corporeal plane can be crit killed).

So that got me to wondering, are players who wear metal armor much more likely to get gibbed from lightning effects? I am not talking about "direct damage" from lightning
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    So that got me to wondering, are players who wear metal armor much more likely to get gibbed from lightning effects? I am not talking about "direct damage" from lightning
    Yes, that has been a metal armor vulnerability for awhile.

Also, never hunted them but kinda weird trees are wearing metal armor!
    Last edited by Roblar; 03-23-2021 at 04:24 AM.

toe for toe as far as crit... you are supposedly able to do it the same..at the same ratio. reality is you arent
    Last edited by Realk; 03-23-2021 at 04:26 AM.

I've never hunted the areas, but supposedly lightning amplifies or interacts for follow-on effects? in watery areas. Least what I understand from reading about it, I've avoided areas with those supposed effects.

This thought leads to another one for me, are there any other amplified effects of spells interacting with materials/environment that applies, like with lightning and metal armor?

I can think of Fire effects and Trolls, but not much else.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-23-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I've never hunted the areas, but supposedly lightning amplifies or interacts for follow-on effects? in watery areas. Least what I understand from reading about it, I've avoided areas with those supposed effects.

This thought leads to another one for me, are there any other amplified effects of spells interacting with materials/environment that applies, like with lightning and metal armor?

I can think of Fire effects and Trolls, but not much else.
    Not quite spells+items, persay... but the Stronghold Bowels in the Landing has a chance to blow up with usage of fire/plasma weapons/spells. 1625 weapons that flare plasma have ignited the gas that does this blowing-up thing, in my experience, and I've heard of people who use 111//306/906/908/etc. have also ignited it. I imagine any sort of drake/drakar weapons may also do it.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Not quite spells+items, persay... but the Stronghold Bowels in the Landing has a chance to blow up with usage of fire/plasma weapons/spells. 1625 weapons that flare plasma have ignited the gas that does this blowing-up thing, in my experience, and I've heard of people who use 111//306/906/908/etc. have also ignited it. I imagine any sort of drake/drakar weapons may also do it.
    I have had lightning reflect off of water surfaces in a few spots before from using 901/910, but it's been a long time since that's happened that I don't remember exactly where.....probably along the cost in Solhaven, places that have standing water.

@roblar - I didnt mean that the treekin are wearing metal armor, only that there skin protects them like metal armor. Maybe that got them tagged as vulnerable to lightning flares too.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!