Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discord Authorization

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Imagine like 100 Krakiis, but with inactive accounts and haven't played in years, offering dev GMs ideas and feedback on Discord, for example.
    Funny thing is that Krakii has said he keeps an account open solely to post on the officials.

Are the shenanigans on Discord really that bad that there needs to be account/phone/birth certificate linkage though? There have been like a couple impersonators who were found out immediately, a handful of meltdowns... it's pretty tame from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Though to be fair, the Discord RP game is strong. So if you want actual RP, you may just like this if it's just character names.
    They should just delete Gemstone and make Discordstone IV.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-23-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I never use Discord for Gemstone, but there is no way I would link my account information from a game to a Discord server.

I get what they're trying to do, but no thank you. That's like people that log into other services using their Facebook login, or etc. etc. Linking services like that is a no-no for me. Keep everything separate.

That being said - I really wish they used the ANNOUNCE window more in game. SF has a nice window for it, and they should provide notifications in game more regularly + set up a "board" in game they can update once a day with some command that brings up "item A, B, C, etc." for those of us who don't use Discord.

Would be easy to implement, take maybe 15 minutes a day to update once formatted. And bingo bango, you're done.

Edit:

Now that think about my recommendation: That solves my paranoia of linking anything via computer account, but not the concerns of many of their Discord being associated with their actual account (which has their personal information) and the possible ramifications of that. So deleting my recommendation, as I fully understand not wanting that either.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-23-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    For some reason the GMs don't seem to want to make it easy to find the latest changes they have made to the game.
    I got in a discussion with Wyrom on this a couple days ago on the discord general channel. I feel this pain but every time i bring it up (including this time) it just kinda gets dismissed. I was suggesting they put a changelog in the announcements window of the game. Or news command. Or somewhere. His response was dig through the announcements folder in the officials, which is "where everything gets posted". First the officials are painful to use and not searchable. Second a lot of shit doesn't get posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I never use Discord for Gemstone, but there is no way I would link my account information from a game to a Discord server.

I get what they're trying to do, but no thank you. That's like people that log into other services using their Facebook login, or etc. etc. Linking services like that is a no-no for me. Keep everything separate.

That being said - I really wish they used the ANNOUNCE window more in game. SF has a nice window for it, and they should provide notifications in game more regularly + set up a "board" in game they can update once a day with some command that brings up "item A, B, C, etc." for those of us who don't use Discord.

Would be easy to implement, take maybe 15 minutes a day to update once formatted. And bingo bango, you're done.
    They do have the NEWS verb in game....but it's been a long time since I looked through it. They could certainly go back to using it if they haven't been doing so already.

Just checked out the NEWS verb, they do have some updated info there on recent changes....though it's not everything and could use more love from the GMs to make sure all the news is available in an easy to find location in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    They do have the NEWS verb in game....but it's been a long time since I looked through it. They could certainly go back to using it if they haven't been doing so already.

Just checked out the NEWS verb, they do have some updated info there on recent changes....though it's not everything and could use more love from the GMs to make sure all the news is available in an easy to find location in game.
    I get ya. The thing that's odd to me mainly is, once the format is established in game - it's no extra work to cut+paste and drop from Discord, forums, internal documents, or anywhere else into the "in-game board".

Literally ctrl+c, alt+tab, ctrl+v. 10 seconds - and that way everyone can access the official updates in game.

They done so many amazing updates to formatting, information dissemination of game mechanics in game, etc. that this seems like a no-brainer easy layup.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-23-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow, they want tight control over a niche dying game. I was considering returning to try out sorc changes when those happened, but honestly, this need for the GM staff to control everything is a pretty big fucking turn off.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

Pretty soon if you have a negative dream about simutronics they will take steps against your game account.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They should just delete Gemstone and make Discordstone IV.
    You joke but Discord could probably run better than the current client.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Pretty soon if you have a negative dream about simutronics they will take steps against your game account.
    I used to hold them in the highest esteem. The moment they started making alternative currencies and $20,000 text boots was the moment I no longer had anything good to say about them anymore.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    I got in a discussion with Wyrom on this a couple days ago on the discord general channel. I feel this pain but every time i bring it up (including this time) it just kinda gets dismissed. I was suggesting they put a changelog in the announcements window of the game. Or news command. Or somewhere. His response was dig through the announcements folder in the officials, which is "where everything gets posted". First the officials are painful to use and not searchable. Second a lot of shit doesn't get posted there.
    It's because Simu nerfs so much shit, they'd rather not announce it, so they just bury the needle in a Discord haystack in the middle of the night.

Probably.

I have no idea wtf Wyrom does anymore. It looks more and more every day like Estild is really the one running the show. Which is garbage as fuck.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible