Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discord Authorization

The idea that I have to log in to Discord and scroll through messages to find relevant game info defies any logical explanation.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    But why??? Are that many randoms joining the gs discord that they can't control? Hackers have a lot of free time these days
    Hopefully so it won't be flooded with total dog shit trash ideas from people who don't even play anymore.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    The idea that I have to log in to Discord and scroll through messages to find relevant game info defies any logical explanation.
    I have noticed that with Discord rising in popularity, the GMs post on the forums a lot less (some are a lot more guilty of this than others). A few the recent Feedback Requests they've posted on the forums initially had some minimal one liner responses from the GMs who made the post, and then after while would go completely silent in terms of GM response, despite players continuing to offer feedback on new issues in those threads. They might end up offering some kind of response to the same topics on Discord (if you bother to go there and dig), but the actual forum thread that the GM made and even linked to in their design document would not be updated at all.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 03-23-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Discord has largely superseded the officials and the wiki. It took like... 3 months for the ranger spell list to get updated. If they want to keep making it even more exclusive I guess that's their prerogative, but it's probably not in the best interest of the game.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Most games these days have a dedicated link with their latest patch notes that anyone can view. There is usually a discussion on said link that anyone can view but only people logged in can participate in.

For some reason the GMs don't seem to want to make it easy to find the latest changes they have made to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Most games these days have a dedicated link with their latest patch notes that anyone can view. There is usually a discussion on said link that anyone can view but only people logged in can participate in.

For some reason the GMs don't seem to want to make it easy to find the latest changes they have made to the game.
    My confusion, and humor is this.

I moderate the Official Valorant Discord. Said discord has over 350k members, is literally Verified through discord yadda yadda...And yet, we don't require people to authorize/Link their Riot ID ala Discord.

I've very rarely ever seen games utilize discord integration in that manner. And these games have actual Verified Discords as well, Gemstone's isn't truly verified at that. Most AAA titles don't regulate their discord to the point where they punish infractions in it, via in-game punishments as well
    Last edited by Gizmo; 03-23-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

"What do you mean you didn't know about this change? We announced it in Discord 3 Thursdays ago at 3:34am." -Estild, probably
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    My confusion, and humor is this.

I moderate the Official Valorant Discord. Said discord has over 350k members, is literally Verified through discord yadda yadda...And yet, we don't require people to authorize/Link their Riot ID ala Discord.

I've very rarely ever seen games utilize discord integration in that manner. And these games have actual Verified Discords as well, Gemstone's isn't truly verified at that. Most AAA titles don't regulate their discord to the point where they punish infractions in it, via in-game punishments as well
    I don't know how that Discord is as far as interaction with the developers or whatever, but my guess would be since GS is overall a pretty small community, they probably just want people without active subscriptions to shut the fuck up.

A couple idiots with a well presented shitty idea actually has a chance (even if a small one) to make it into the game. On a Discord with 350k people on it, I'd guess not so much.

Same goes for offering GM solicited feedback, like with the sorcerer review.

Imagine like 100 Krakiis, but with inactive accounts and haven't played in years, offering dev GMs ideas and feedback on Discord, for example.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-23-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Estild — 03/14/2021

We'll probably be moving to a system that requires account validation and forces your Server Nickname to be either your account name or one of your characters.
    RIP to anyone dumb enough to use their real name as a login.

Though to be fair, the Discord RP game is strong. So if you want actual RP, you may just like this if it's just character names.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    RIP to anyone dumb enough to use their real name as a login.

Though to be fair, the Discord RP game is strong. So if you want actual RP, you may just like this if it's just character names.
    Some retard tried to hijack Fleurs' name yesterday. It was handled pretty quickly though.

Last edited by Methais; 03-23-2021 at 12:58 PM.