Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxfound 4x runestaff with Disintegration flares.

Default Boxfound 4x runestaff with Disintegration flares.

4x Runestaff with Disintegration flares. It has 2 puny enhancives on it. 2 ranks of Dex, and 1 rank of MIU. 3lbs 136 project difficulty. I know that the enhanvices are pretty much a non factor, but I was wondering if the Disintegration flares made it worth not pawning. It is not as common of a flare as I normally see on most items. Thanks in advance for your time!

So many runestaves came out of DR, it's pretty much tanked runestaff prices... if you have a shop you can let it sit in til the right person comes around, you can prolly get around 100-150k for it. Lucky for you, flares are more important then enchant when it comes to runestaves, I have a plain 5x staff that's been sitting in my shop for ages at 55k...

Agreed. Unfortunately there are just too many runestaves out there. This isn't worth anything. 4x runestaves need to have unbelievable enhancives these days to really command any value.

I appreciate it guys. Thanks again for your time!

5. Default

I guess I should just give the plain 4x runestaff I found awhile back to the kobolds to help clean the squirrel cages.

If you like the desc or have a particular affinity for the wood it's made from, you can make it a project piece... but almost everyone looking to buy runestaves are much more interested in flares, scripts, and/or enhansive effects then enchant. After a certain point, any pure's DS is gonna be high enough that +5-10 DS is just a few more grains of sand on the beach. I've seen staves as low as 3x sell for more then 5x staves cause the 3x one had better properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    If you like the desc or have a particular affinity for the wood it's made from, you can make it a project piece... but almost everyone looking to buy runestaves are much more interested in flares, scripts, and/or enhansive effects then enchant. After a certain point, any pure's DS is gonna be high enough that +5-10 DS is just a few more grains of sand on the beach. I've seen staves as low as 3x sell for more then 5x staves cause the 3x one had better properties.
    Would the same apply to melee weapons as well? I know I also had a 4x longsword that gave +10 DS. Back in the day I feel I had never seen a 1HE with DS on it, but now I get items in boxes all the time that look cool as heck, and is pawn trash.

No, enchants on non-runestaff weapons are much more important because they're not purely defensive items. When attacking, you're looking to push your endroll as high as possible to do as much damage as possible and there aren't a lot of spells to boost AS... whereas when you're defending you just need to keep the endroll below 100 and there are a myriad of spells to boost DS...

Generally, the cost of enchanting makes melee/ranged weapons that are below 4x are pawnshop fodder unless they have truly spectacular properties (perfect forged weapons, really rare flares, etc)... and there are so many 5x weapons around now-days (thanks to DR) that even 4x weapons need to be pretty special before they're good for more then the pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    No, enchants on non-runestaff weapons are much more important because they're not purely defensive items. When attacking, you're looking to push your endroll as high as possible to do as much damage as possible and there aren't a lot of spells to boost AS... whereas when you're defending you just need to keep the endroll below 100 and there are a myriad of spells to boost DS...

Generally, the cost of enchanting makes melee/ranged weapons that are below 4x are pawnshop fodder unless they have truly spectacular properties (perfect forged weapons, really rare flares, etc)... and there are so many 5x weapons around now-days (thanks to DR) that even 4x weapons need to be pretty special before they're good for more then the pawn.
    Thanks Man. That is a really good baseline for what I should be looking at then!

Quote Originally Posted by Blezzle View Post
    Would the same apply to melee weapons as well? I know I also had a 4x longsword that gave +10 DS. Back in the day I feel I had never seen a 1HE with DS on it, but now I get items in boxes all the time that look cool as heck, and is pawn trash.
    honestly +10 DS on a OHE is really high. Not sure that makes it worth a lot but I'm just sayin, thats high. Longswords aren't the worst weapons, either